Ready Set Start April 1-7

Options
zumbaforever
zumbaforever Posts: 6,901 Member
This is where we will discuss our first week. And our goals. My goal is to be able to get through it all once.

Shelley

Replies

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,272 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    My goal is to be consistent daily. Substitute where needed.

Shelley are we doing these daily or 4-5 times weekly?

Kathy
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,459 Member
    Options
    My goal is to not sit on my fanny when the sun is out and the mountain calls and working out w/my trainer!!
    My doctor even mentioned that my weight was up. The junk food is out of the house. I must get back to 145, so...10 pounds to go as of this morning!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy this is a quick workout. You can start by doing some each day. At least at first. I plan on working at it until I can get through it once completely. See how long that takes.

Chris great goal. I just about have all the junk food gone.

Today I did the first 2 portions plus 3 burpees. I was working out with a friend and did what she could. I turned on some dancing music and it went quick.

Kathy I am going to shoot for every day this week. Unless work gets in my way.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    I completed all 4 rounds yesterday with the following modifications instead of lunges I did step ups, instead of burpees I did kettle bell swings. I researched online for good substitutes. This is a very good challenge. I did not repeat. Will have to work my way up to that. I also started a plank challenge for the month and started with 20 seconds.

This will be perfect for me for the month as I deal with mom’s appointments and surgery as gym visits will be few and far between after this week.

Thanks for this challenge Shelley. Problem solved! 😄

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Fantastic start Kathy. I love kettle bells. Love the planks.

I took today off. I went sledding instead. I was sore from yesterday. I don't remember climbing snowy hills being so hard.. Will post a photo tomorrow.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    I took Sunday off as well. Had a swim session this morning. It helped the pain in my neck/shoulders. Talked to my trainer and showed her the challenge. She said every other day would be enough. I think she’s right as I tried yesterday and only got through the first round. That’s when I decided to take the day off. But completed the plank challenge - 25 sec.

Will work on the challenge today. Going for all four rounds with modifications.

Have a great week ladies!

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    I took yesterday off, too! Man! Like minds, right??
    Today is Collin Duty and my trainer for an hour.
    I'm feeling more like my normal (? :D ?) self today. Boy, howdy, I don't remember feeling that bad for so long after the first shingles shot.
    Later my friends.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I can't remember shingles shots being bad either Chris. Do we have to take them more than once? I thought it was a series of 2 and done?

Kathy if you keep at it you will not get sore doing it everyday. When I started preparing for it last month I skipped days. Or only did half of what it said to at first. I think I will only take a day off each week now. Maybe 2 during the summer.

Will do the challenge tonight.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Forgot to record yesterday's attempt. Got through the entire workout once with only one exception. Only completed 10 of the 20 burpees. It was a good try. Still early in the month.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Forgot to record yesterday's attempt. Got through the entire workout once with only one exception. Only completed 10 of the 20 burpees. It was a good try. Still early in the month.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Completed all four rounds again with the same modifications to lunges and burpees. Also I’m doing push-ups on my knees and surprised I’m able to do all ten each round. This challenge really makes me sweat and is really difficult. I’m going to see if I can do it 2 consecutive days.

Also I did a 35 sec plank.

Kathy
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Today I completed all 4 rounds again. Shelley you were right I could do consecutive days without getting sore. Same modifications as well as a 40 sec plank.

Tomorrow I will be at the Cardiologist with mom for her nuclear stress test so I will skip the challenge but get my steps in.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Had longer Collin Duty this morning. Preparing for when Sara goes back to work and I get to bottle feed...Collin is not going for it quite yet. Then I did 60 mins with my trainer but was pretty tired...maybe not enough coffee...yeah, that was it!! Made soup this afternoon. Walking tomorrow!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy as long as you keep pushing yourself you will improve. You don't have to do more of everything always either. For instance, the last set of pushups. Try doing at least 1 on your toes. Then drop down and finish them. This will challenge your muscles without getting sore. And when you are ready try not modifying unless it is medically ill advised. Rocky just did that stress test. What a pain. Will be thinking of you both.

Chris enjoy Collin duty.

I only got in the push ups. Will do the entire workout tomorrow.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Skipped yesterday. Mom’s appointment took 5 hours. We were both exhausted when we got home. Will get it in today.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    My trainer will be gone today and all next week taking care of family...I might just have to do our challenge!!! Not today tho. Got cleaned up, had Collin Duty, waiting for Ronan's candy apples and Easter basket full of stuff I shouldn't eat, then we are going to Sara's for Easter Egg coloring!! Sara and I got the Easter candy from our hairdresser's girls who were selling it for their dance studio. We do it every year. I really have no idea what's in the basket...will let you know! :p
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Completed all four rounds of the challenge along with a 45 sec plank. I tried doing one push-up on my toes…not happening! 🤣 Shelley I will keep trying.

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Many I am so glad you are not giving up on that push up. Nice workout.

Chris you can d it. Easter sounds fun.

Internet has been bad here. Did the workout today. Only 10 burpees again. But form is improving. Followed by a 20 minute yoga session.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    I took off Saturday. Only got in a short walk. We had a lot going on. I probably will take off today as well. Cooking dinner. Mom is at church online right now.

Happy Easter everyone. ❤️

Kathy