Awesome April

Options
Spring is here, let's make this an awesome month!

Replies

• SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    March:
    Early 60s, 5'-8" (ish)
    SW (02.10.22) - 150 lbs
    Last Month's SW - 134.0 (03.01.23)
    CW - 137.0 (03.29.23)
    March GW - 130.0 (possibly lower)
    Final GW - 125 lbs (or may possibly stop at 130, depending on how I feel and look)

Up a bit since the beginning of March so I really need to get on the right path with my food choices. This month will be alcohol free (AF) for me - it really helps me to lose weight when I don't drink at all.
    I've come up with a good workout schedule for myself so now I just have to get my butt to the gym to do it :o
  • Happyness4me2
    Happyness4me2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Happy April everyone! I'm starting strong with two days of working out in the bag. I'm going to a pilates class tomorrow and have a hike planned for Wednesday. I'm also going to be getting Invisalign liners and I'm hoping they will help reduce my mindless snacking.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Thank you @SparkSpringtime69 for starting the thread !!

Last week we still had a lot of rain, but the weather turned yesterday. Now it's back to freezing, but sunny at last !! With all that rain, it was impossible to do some biking. :disappointed:

And here the last stats of March and the goals for April:

* I got 83k steps in which was no small feat considering I could hardly walk outside. I've been doing some gardening in between showers and I actually walked inside the house, while reading mails or MFP.
    * continue to read Becks flashcards: check
    * 2 fitness sessions: check
    * 1 PT session every 2 weeks: yes, did it. Next week will probably be my last, as my shoulder is FINALLY completely healed ! :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
    * Lose a bit: from 73,3 (161 lbs) to 70,5 (156 lbs) : ow ow ow, last week I had a major no-no: all went well until Friday when I did a U turn started eating 'a few' small easter eggs - and then some, and then some more. My god they were sooooo good. It's only on Saturday morning that I weighed the exact portion, and I'm afraid to say I ate 250gr of easter eggs. It showed immediately on the scale, as I'm up more than a pound. But then again, what's done is done, and I got right back to it. There are still some eggs left (a big box was provided by my employer), but I'll have only 1 each night and withing my cals!
    * Biking and diving: no biking because of the weather, but we did one dive yesterday. Hurray !

Enjoy this week ladies, and we'll make the best of it !!
  • spl8
    spl8 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hello, here's hoping April is a great month for everyone!

With all the talk of Easter candy, I can't help but think of the opening to T.S. Eliot's "The Waste Land":
    "April is the cruellest month..."
    (although he wasn't talking about Easter eggs)

Monday Check-in:
    59 y.o., 5'7"
    SW (12/22): 162
    GW: <140
    4/3: 147.8

Hello, I'm starting this month with an injury - I fell while running on trails last week and bruised my knee badly - so I have to be a bit less ambitious in my exercise goals. That said, I did continue to lose weight (slowly) in March, so I feel pretty good. I would love to get under 145 this month. I still need to up my resistance training game, although I did add a weekly pilates mat class last month which has been great.

• Happyness4me2
    Options
    @spl8 I hope your knee recoveres quickly!
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options

Remembering my 'why' brought my thoughts around
    not all PROGRESS is lost when you have a setback

If you keep doing the work, there may be a setback,
    but much of your previous progress is still there.

In this application, the fitness and health changes are all still there.
    The weight loss is still there.

In every aspect of life, I'm sure to run into setbacks.
    There are going to be things
    that feel like
    they have sent me back to day one
    and I will question "Is it worth it?"

The thing is, it's never a full set back.
    I will have learned valuable lessons,
    I will have gained experience, and
    I will reset from a better place to start with.

And this is the story of life -
    When I stay focused on my goals,

keep doing what I need to do
    DAILY
    keep up with the small daily touches

I AM then still heading in the right direction
    even if it seems to come in
    starts.
    and stops.
    and setbacks.
    back and forth
    forth and back

Its more of an acceptance
    and remembering that
    THE WORK WILL PAY OFF

Its just not always
    on the timelines
    we originally planned.

Stay doing the work lest your progress will halt...
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Goals for April

1) continue with P90X , INCLUDING YOGA and ABs 3x/wk.
    2) Step count 15,000+ daily (15,000*30=450,000 for the month) lol
    3) 95%+ compliance on coaches meal plan.
    4) Mindset.

5) Goal: By next monday be 109.0 and By month end be under 108.0
    6) Goal: Waist measurement to be at or slightly under 26"
    7) Goal: Add Yoga/PiYo weekly

Monday Check-in:
    52 y.o., 5'0"
    SW (2/23): 112. ??
    GW: <101-104
    4/3: 110.0
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Happy April Everyone. Thanks for starting this positive thread, @SparkSpringtime69!

I did well in March! A loss of exactly 4 pounds. If I can keep this up for April I would have reached ultimate goal weight of 115. 112 was probably too small for me.

I’ll continue with the 10k steps daily and no meat.

@spl8 - sorry to hear about your knee! And @Happyness4me2 - how do you both like the Pilates class?

@SherryRueter - you can do this! I always love how you combine the physical with the mental to achieve your goals.

@Antiopelle - it’s once a year so no prob about the eggs! That pound and more will be done in no time.

I traveled back to my parents home and only had a Kind bar - no fast food. Proud of myself!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,980 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Happy April everyone, spring is indeed here, trees are all greening up big time in our area - we're still ahead of the mountains in that regard, but we were up there yesterday and they're budding out.

Goals for April:
    • Keep going with my 75 turned 114 Hard (barring any fails, should be done with this phase on April 25)
    • After that, take a week to establish what my non-phase lifestyle might look like
    • Plan to start Phase 1 right away in May
    • Get ready for race season, get out on the track and blow the dust off, get the bike working, see where I'm at mentally in that environment (might have some work to do in that arena)
    • Weight wise, keep trending like I have been with my recomp (~1/2 lb/week lost)
    • Last full month of my progressive weight lifting, will then transition to a more "intermediate" lifting plan
    • Keep pushing in the business/career (studying for my PMP exam, keep trying to land at least 1 more client)
    44, F, 5' 7"
    GW: 128-135(ish - TBD)
    SW 01-2023: 157.6 - 3/29/23: 151.2
    4/3/23: 149.0
  • Happyness4me2
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim I love pilates class. I've done YouTube pilates at home and it's ok but I much prefer an in person class.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @spl8: I hope your knee will heal quickly. And remember, weight loss starts in the kitchen :wink:
    @CeeBeeSlim : you are doing really great !! With a little willpower from my side, we'll both be in maintainance by May. Isn't that a great prospect !! :smiley:
    @SherryRueter : you have set quite some goals. Don't forget to also be kind to yourself :wink:
    @HoneyBadger302 : the pmp exam, is that for project mgt?

• HoneyBadger302
    Options
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    @HoneyBadger302 : the pmp exam, is that for project mgt?

Yes, I already have my CAPM, but needed a little more experience to qualify for the PMP, got that now, so getting ready for that one, very different test for sure.
  • SherryRueter
    Options

@ceebeeslim Great job on losing 4# in march. Great job on the road trip success!
    @honeybadger302 Nice April Goals. Love seeing your business goals. You go GIRL. And you’re already down 2# from 3/29. WOOHOO

@happiness4me2 What are you doing currently for workouts? At home or in a gym?

@antiopelle I’ll try to be kind to myself as well. I have a few things I do each week for self care, beyond walking. Such as a 10min AHA Bamboo facial mask, going to the sauna or the hot Tub. And this week may include getting a pedicure. SO true the weight loss is happening in the kitchen! Every Bite Matters!
    I’ve learned that SO much in the past 8 days…. How I was eating just to eat, not for nourishment or for hunger. I feel so much better and its only been 8 days. 20 more to go on my plan.

I saw a new thyroid doctor yesterday. Presently I am thinking she is amazing. Her work in the thyroid field amazes me. She is also a fellow hypo-thyroid lady. She has had hers removed. and she self diagnosed and beat some type of cancer. She's on a board, a member of Women in Thyroidology and the American Thyroid Association.

Anyway....it was a 2 hour wait to see her but worth it. She wants me to eat real foods in place of the supplements ( for example: use Keifer or kumbucha for probiotics, Brazil nuts for selenium, Leafy greens for Vit K). SOOO refreshing. Her words, 'pills are just expensive urine'. I couldn't agree more.

Next up, I will figure out which food combos to replace in my day to help meet the mg goals. And She has a colonoscopy in my future, yay....lol. She also did a skin inspection, noticing that I have white spots that don't tan (I've had them for a while, its a little weird) Vitiligo. She said its a tell tale sign of an immune disorder and it what Michael Jackson had. He saw some spots on his arm, so he wore a glove. He saw some near his eyes so he added shades..... LOL....We all thought it was a style thing.

Blood work will be taken in Mid May and we will go from there. New thyroid med Tirosint.(excited about tbh). And excited to work with this doctor. She feels like she really knows what she is talking about and what to look for. She even asked me about my skincare and wants to make sure that I'm not using certain things (Beautycounter is what I use, and they ban over 2400 questionable ingredients). She is going to look it up. I'm looking forward to her thoughts on it.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Weigh in this morning was 2.4# less than yesterday. I'll take it but, Wth? am I dehydrated, or was I bloated when I weighed on monday?
  • Lazuliz
    Lazuliz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Happy April!

I am very much ready for warmer weather, but it looks like the PNW will stay overcast and in the low 50's/high 40's for a little bit longer.

Goals for April:
    - I'm jumping on the Macro train. I finally learned how to count them, and I will give them a try this month.
    - >15,000 steps/day
    - Cooking a lot more. We have been eating out way too much and it is hurting the waistline and our down-payment savings.
    - Keeping up with the weightlifting and running!

37, F, 5' 3"
    GW: 120
    SW 04/04/2023: 135.0
    4/3/23: 149.0
  • Emmie112
    Emmie112 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I’m back!

April Goals
    - Work out at least 30 minutes a day
    - Eat low carbs

5'4F
    SW 03/19/23: 149
    GW:120

04/04/2023: 144

• Happyness4me2
    Options
    I picked up a shift at work today so I will do my workout tomorrow instead. I'm on my feet all day (nurse) so I usually don't workout on my work days and if I do it's usually just a walk, bike ride, it some extended stretching.

@SherryRueter I have adjustable dumbbells and lots of bands at home so I can workout there but lately it's been unmotivating for me so I've been going to my community gym. I'm glad you found a good doctor for your thyroid, a good healthcare provider makes all the difference. And I agree, many pills/supplements are just expensive urine.
  • HoneyBadger302
    Options
    I'm all for supplements with a purpose, but there are a lot of people who try to use supplements to make up for poor diet/health choices. Where I really get aggravated though is when pharmaceuticals are thrown at a problem that could EASILY be solved with some lifestyle changes, but doctors just keep throwing pills at stuff rather than addressing the real problem. Then the patients use that as an excuse to keep making the poor lifestyle choices, even though they are (literally sometimes) killing them. Unfortunately for me, my boyfriend is one of them, and I have a feeling that may be the reason we eventually drift apart...

Thankfully had a slow day at work which left me free to get a bunch of other stuff taken care of - busted butt earlier this week to try to free up as much time as possible, and it paid off today. Taking Friday off for my first trackday of the year - which will be interesting since my bike is currently still in shambles in the garage LOL
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @honeybadger302 so nice you had some free time for your own task list. NICE! Hope your Friday works out well. 100% agree that a LOT of people need to fix their food choices, and in return, their health would improve. My parents and siblings are in that mix, except one brother. It took them 10 years to realize that I am NOT CRAZY for what I do... and that perhaps, I'm actually trying to better my health (*gasp*) . (eye roll)

@Happyness4me2 : So that's how nurses do it. I was wondering. It makes sense that all you really need to do is strength and yoga, because activity is already taken care of.

@Emmie112 : Nice goals, can't wait to hear your progress.

@Lazuliz : How do you get in your 15000 steps a day?
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Goals for April

1) continue with P90X , INCLUDING YOGA and ABs 3x/wk.
    2) Step count 15,000+ daily (15,000*30=450,000 for the month) lol
    3) 95%+ compliance on coaches meal plan.
    4) Mindset.

5) Goal: By next monday be 109.0 and By month end be under 108.0
    6) Goal: Waist measurement to be at or slightly under 26"
    7) Goal: Add Yoga/PiYo weekly

52 y.o., 5'0"
    SW (2/23): 112. ??
    GW: <101-104
    4/3: 110.0
    4/6: 108.4 :smile:

I saw 107.6 a couple days ago and thought.... really? can't be... so today was a check again, and by golly, 108.4... so I guess I have dropped at least 1# so far this week. That gives me SO much motivation to keep with what the coach has me doing. I am enjoying my nutrition plan with her, my mindset and taste buds are starting to settle into this routine.