KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,525 Member
Happy April!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy April. So ready for warmer weather!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. <3
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Getting close to noon on the east coast, here. Morning has flown by. 44 degrees F and sunny here. Looks pretty but a tad on the cool side. Come on spring!

Hope you had a nice weekend. Good here. Had dinner with friends on Saturday night and did a lot of relaxing yesterday. After the grocery shopping and weekly laundry of course. LOL

Not too much planned here other than the usual work, etc.

Hope you have a good day and a nice start to the week!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I had a very nice weekend. Weather was almost 80°F Sunday, so we took the chicks out to their run. They had a great time! We all enjoyed the nice weather and sat and watched them. I know, such an adventurous family. Other than that, I did laundry and slept. Good times. Four day week this week. We have Friday off and then next Monday is an in-service day. Seven more weeks of school.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

How about those UCONN NCAA Mens Basketball champs?! Woo hoo! Yes I do admit I didn't stay up to watch but I am happy with the result! LOL

Spring like day on tap here. Currently sitting at 50 degrees F and sunny. Supposed to be warm. I really should bring sneakers and take a walk at lunch some time. Sigh...

Glad you had a nice weekend, Kate! Too cute about those little chicks. <3 Wow, seven weeks left of school. Crazy!! Enjoy.

My office is unfortunately not closed for the Good Friday holiday but it will be SLOW as a lot of people take it off and other locations are closed in the US and of course UK and Europe. UK and Europe are also closed on Monday. Zzzzz... Good time to get caught up!

Hope you have a nice day and see you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Having a pretty good and productive Wednesday here. It is actually a tiny bit on the quiet side at work, but I am totally not complaining. Getting stuff done and not stressed which is nice. :)

Not much else going on that is interesting! We got invited over my BF's parents house for Easter and we are looking forward to that. His Mom is going to make a paella with seafood. So delish. We are planning to bring an appetizer and some wine.

Have a good day and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Wait! Where has this week gone?!
    @Meghan509 Glad your team won! My husband and I make brackets to compete with each other every year. Both of us were wiped out pretty quickly this year.
    Weather here is doing what it does this time of year. 80 one day, 50 the next. Chicken girls should be able to go outside on a permanent basis next week as the temps are supposed to get very nice.
    Monday was the day that just wouldn't end. One thing after another. Then Tuesday we found out that the people putting in new fiber optic cable all over town ran the new line right through our sewer pipe. Yup. Dead centered it. Fortunately we were able to get it fixed quickly. Today I was able to come straight home and just sit down. So lovely.
    Enjoy your slow time at work, Meghan! Off to bed before my last day this week.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Yes, happy for UCONN! I wish I could say I had gotten my degree there, but I didn't! In any case it is kind of like if you live in CT, you are automatically a fan and supporter of UCONN and winning is a nice feeling for our little state! <3

OMG so sorry about the fiber optic line, @KateNkognito! UGH. You would think these companies would get a good plan of what's underground before they just start digging in to sewer lines! Glad you got it fixed quickly.

I know what you mean about the weather. Still getting kind of cold at night here. Today we have some drizzle and fog and it should hit 70 degrees F. Oy! After today's rain it should be nice and warmer and sunny for the next ten days or so. I have been watching and eagerly awaiting! LOL

One more day for you, Kate! Hope it goes well. I am working tomorrow but since my boss is on vacation and a lot of other places are closed on Friday and / Monday it should be nice and quiet. Weeee!

Hope you have a good one. See you soon
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Sliding into my weekend! Not gonna lie, I am going to spend the next 24 hours in PJs, eating pizza and ice cream. Have a great weekend, if I don't check in!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

ENJOY IT @KateNkognito you deserve it!!

Slower day here. Planning to hit the grocery store mid day to pick up a few things and avoid the last minute Easter rush!

Hope you have a nice Easter and time with family and loved ones. <3

See you back here on Monday most likely. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Have a lovely weekend! Not sure what we are doing for dinner. Just our little family this year. Might make kabobs or something like that. Just going to enjoy the weather and relax. Have a good one!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Happy Easter, everyone!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Easter Monday! LOL A lot of my international colleagues are off today and it is kinda quiet and have to say, kinda liking it!!

Our Easter was quiet but good. We went to my BF's parents house and his mom made a paella with lots of yummy seafood in it. It was delish. Went on the earlier side so we got home at a decent hour. Nice time. Hope you had a nice one too. Nice weather here and on tap for the rest of the week!

Hoping for what should be a relatively quiet work week. Hope same for you and uneventful, Kate!

See you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

This site is acting a little wonky today!! Clicked a bunch of times on the monthly thread and it was taking its sweet old time.

Productive Tuesday happening here. Today my boss asked for something and I had already done it! She was so happy and relieved. Nice feeling. <3

Hope you have a great day. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Another week is trying to get away from me! Last night was a track meet for my son. He beat his personal record for the two mile by almost two and a half minutes! Today was a run errands after school day. They youngest got a job, (woo hoo!) so we had to go get him a savings account set up. Hopefully tomorrow will be nice and quiet. The chicken girls are spending their first night outside in the coop. Easter was pretty chill here. We had a nice pot roast for dinner. Lots of nice weather and sun.
    @Meghan509 Glad you had such a a nice weekend! I hope this week goes well!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Traffic was super light today. I think more of the local schools must be closed here this week for spring break. Woo hoo!

We are due to be in the upper 70's to 80's F here rest of the week!! Saturday and Sunday will be 60's F. I had to pull out a t-shirt and lighter sweater today because otherwise I might be melting this afternoon! Office tends to be a little behind on HVAC when these warm days pop up! :o

Hope your cute little chickens enjoy the outside, @KateNkognito! This morning we were in our kitchen and you could hear the birds calling to each other. So pretty! They like to sit and hang out on top of the fence that runs the property line behind us. Also filled up the bird feeder so more bird traffic in front too! Can't wait to see our friend the Woodpecker!

Hope you have a nice Wednesday!! See you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Friday Eve! 71 degrees F and sunny here in CT. Woo hoo!

Hope you are having a good week. Doing pretty well here. Status quo as they say. :) Have a good one!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Just chugging along with my chubby self. The last few weeks have been so busy. I would like a weekend to just do nothing. Not gonna happen, but it would be nice. Rain is supposed to come through tomorrow. Praying it actually does. We are in such a bad drought. It was in the mid 80s today. So nice! Saturday is the mid 50s. Mother nature is having mood swings.
    Have a lovely Friday! Off to bed a bit early.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

I hear you. Plugging along here too, @KateNkognito

Another warm one for us today and then it cools off a little and rain comes tomorrow. Fine by me. Too soon to be hitting the A/C too much. Heat was just cranked last week!?

Yes, very much another red flag type of a day happening here too. Need to be careful. I worry about idiots throwing lit cigarette butts and starting brush fires. :(

Looking forward to cooking on the BBQ tonight for dinner! BF cleaned the grill and it is ready to go!

Have a good day and a nice relaxing weekend! No plans here, which is nice.

See you soon!

• KateNkognito
    Options
    I thought maybe I was being a bit short tempered with some of my students after I wrote up three of them in the span of two hours. Talked to some of the other teachers. Nope! Kids were being extra special today! Good to know.
    Missed the first round of rain by *that* much. Hopefully we get some tonight. Going to watch stupid TV and go to bed. Have a lovely weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Monday and happy fresh week!

We had a pretty relaxing weekend here. Sat outside two days in a row which makes me happy! I must have sat poorly in the chair outside and strained my lower back. UGH. Tough getting older!! Slowing feeling a little better today. Nice to be working remotely and using my low back cushion.

Rainy cloudy meh type of day here. Rest of the week should be better.

Picked up some new solar lights for outside on the patio! Can't wait to see them set up and in action. Come on spring!!!

Hope you had a nice weekend @KateNkognito! See you soon.