Options

Replies

• dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    It's weigh in day for me.

DCResider
    Weigh in: Tuesday (beginning weight: 161 lbs.)
    PW: 158.8 lbs. (5.2.23), -2.2 lbs.
    CW: 159.9 (5.9.23), +1.1 lbs.
    CW: 158.6 (5.16.23), -1.3 lbs

On a good note, I still went down even though I had 3 outings this past week. I guess these macros are working for me so hurray. Now, if I can keep going down

Goals: No changes to macros so will use the same calories and protein intake, drink lots of water, cut down salt, get at least 4-5 workouts in this week. (Note: Beginning weight 161 lbs.)
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Itadakimasu7

PW= 188
    CW= 188.7
    Gain +.7

I have a lot of water stuck in my muscles so not really sure what I actually weigh. I'm really sore! Trying to yoga out the rougher spots.

Changing my focus this week to getting rid of sugar. Fasting every other day (no food!) is easier for me then giving up / avoiding sugar. When I do get rid of sugar, I feel so much better. For me it's a genuine addiction. I haven't decided if I'm fasting this week - I made BAD food decisions on my non-fasting days. I'm not hungry for fruit and veggies after not eating for 24 hours.

I made a great pot of pinto beans this week! I order in organic US grown pinto beans, soak for 24 hours changing out the water a couple of times (If I remember). I then put them in the Instapot for an hour with about an inch of water on top. I salt and season at the end, salting during cooking is supposed to give a 'hard bean' and not a good texture. I put some vinegar, hot sauce, onion and serve it over rice. It's pretty economical. The long soak in changed water and the instapot helps to de-gas the beans. This meal keeps me really full and it's great Vegan, albeit being Southern I miss a bit of ham or sausage in there if I'm being honest.

Cheers - Happy Tuesday everyone!
  • Itadakimasu7
    Options
    @JenHul -- I'll be your walking step partner if you like ... if you've watched the Tom Baker Doctor Who episodes that is! haha (Since you have a 'TARDIS' as a profile pic :smiley: j/k) I have a fitbit and am needing to wear it more often anyway. I do an evening walk of two miles, but usually rack up some steps during the day also.

Our team would need to have an appropriate Whovian funky name though I think :D
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 355 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7 Yes! Hello fellow Whovian, I will be your partner, how about "Galefrey Gals" or "Wibbly Wobbly Walkers" David Tennant was my fave Doctor, but I have watched them all!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,245 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 5/14: 15,091
    Mon 5/15: 10,486
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    All the talk about step counters has me considering getting one again. I can't do the wearable smart watches, I have delicate skin and don't seem to tolerate them well. I had one that I would slip in my pocket, but haven't replaced it after I washed it about a year ago.

@Sbus12 - way to go getting your steps in to improve your mood!

@Eahrenee - hope you are feeling better today.

@dcresider - love the picture of Luna
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Today was a pretty good day. It started off with me being unable to sleep just before 4am, so I got up and swam for 35 minutes at my gym prior to my yoga class. After yoga, I did a 20 minute walk/run then a 40 minute walk. Next was tai chi at 9am, but I only did the first 40 minutes. Then I headed back to my gym to sun for a while by the outdoor pool prior to an 11am water aerobics class.
    Skipped breakfast as I usually do prior to yoga, so I had a Lenny's and Larry's protein cookie poolside at around 10am. My lunch was the last of some homemade chili. I'll probably have a protein bar or protein shake later, and hopefully this evening I'll be able to limit myself to only a small dessert.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,127 Member
    Options
    Itadakimasu7

PW= 188
    CW= 188.7
    Gain +.7

@Itadakimasu7 Your PW was 185.6 last week. Was that incorrect?
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options

@frankwbrown I had you down in the dual challenge as 14800 and 10350 respectively. Should I adjust them?
    Jessica
  • Itadakimasu7
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 -- correct, I don't know what the PW stands for, sorry! My starting weight was 188, dropped a bit last week down to 185.6 (yeah me) and then bounced back to 188.7 -- oh my. Alas, was feeling on top of things for a bit. Sorry about that.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @itadakimasu7 PW is previous weight…no worries, just checking…
    Jessica
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    alleykat69 wrote: »
    My steps for Monday the 15th

Tuesday 16th steps
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Monday 8,230
    Tuesday 15,292 !!

I haven’t hit that number is forever! Feels so good! My endurance on my walks is really picking up now too!

Bonus—I’ve was adding in a new recipe tonight and saw the add a website feature for the first time. It made the entry so easy! Glad- MFP didn’t make that a premium only option.
  • Sbus12
    Options
    @TexanMom8152 that is so awesome! Congratulations on the weight loss and passing another milestone! The best part of it is how it is improving your health! That’s so rewarding to be able to lower your meds because of your dedication!! Keep up the great work! Very inspiring!
  • Sbus12
    Options
    @frankwbrown you had an incredibly active day! I love the combinations of exercise! That helps a lot on getting bored or it becoming monotonous.
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sunday 15,050
    Monday 9,500
    Tuesday 13,423
  • frankwbrown
    edited May 2023
    Options

@frankwbrown I had you down in the dual challenge as 14800 and 10350 respectively. Should I adjust them?
    Jessica
    The above were my final steps for those days which I recorded the following mornings. They're so close, I don't think it matters much. Don't want to cause you extra work.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    @TexanMom8152
    Awesome job on the weight loss and being able to lower medication! Keep it up. :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.