This May I Will....

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
edited April 2023 in Social Groups
ng9r8vsbdff8.png

Can someone please tap the brakes on 2023? How can it possibly be May already?

But it is May and it's going to be a great month! Some of you May want to continue the habits you've been working on over the last few months, while other members May want a fresh start. We are here to support you in either case. Check in daily, weekly, or whenever it works best with you. Let's continue to support each other, because as we know, change is hard and personal change May be the hardest change of all.

Let's make it a great month!

🌷Denise & 🌸Maddie
@themedalist & @MadisonMolly2017

New to Our Group and Habit Building?
Please read our Newcomer's Guide and our Nuts and Bolts of Habit Building. They will help make your habit stick!

Replies

• Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,175 Member
    Options
    That is a lovely poem @77tes, thank you for sharing!

May 2: 20 min on the bike before work this morning & arm exercises at lunch. I've done this particular video before during Covid when I worked from home but I don't remember it being this difficult. I actually had jiggly arms afterward. Then it dawned on me: the last time I did these exercises was during the summer months. My arms were already strengthened from swimming. It's May now and our pool isn't open yet; apparently my arm muscles are a bit soft lol.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,992 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    May goals
    1st to 2nd
    No coffee to keep calm in the day and to avoid procrastinating in the morning. Yes
    *Head out for workout by 5.30am, make the most of workouts.. long jogs, meaningful weights session, park workouts kickboxing. Yes
    * Get moving on my day off and w/e yes
    * Moisturise body in am and skincare routine in pm yes
    * Make the winners circle for May yes
    * Pretrack and track accurately inc w/e! Yes
    * Have more patience at home and work yes
    * Head home at 4.30 pm, Thursday is a day i struggle most with this. Yes
    * Weigh and measure on Friday, be content at 63kg! Yes
    * Read my book once a week no

• Jana_2020
    edited May 2023
    Options
    May 3: Cardio was completed in the morning and at lunch I came home and did a 10 minute abs video. This is also one I've done before, about 2/3 years ago. I remember the first time I tried it: I had to break it up and complete it over a couple hours (while working from home). I couldn't do it in the 10 minutes called for lol. Today it was a bit tough but I managed to complete it with a minute or 2 longer breaks than called for in between some of the reps.
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    4th
    *Book dentist app No
    *No coffee to keep calm in the day and to avoid procrastinating in the morning. Yes
    *Head out for workout by 5.30am, make the most of workouts.. long jogs, meaningful weights session, park workouts kickboxing. Yes
    * Moisturise body in am and skincare routine in pm no
    *Take vitimans at lunch no
    * Pretrack and track accurately inc w/e! No
    * Have more patience at home and work no
    * Head home at 4.30 pm, Thursday is a day i struggle most with this. No
    * 1 pass day
  • donna25trinity
    edited May 2023
    Options
    5th
    *Book dentist app No
    *No coffee to keep calm in the day and to avoid procrastinating in the morning. Yes
    * Moisturise body in am and skincare routine in pm yes
    *Take vitimans at lunch no
    * Pretrack and track accurately inc w/e! Yes
    * Have more patience at home and work no
    Pass day 1
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,070 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Finally got myself going on posting May habits.

BBH I will…
    🦋🐞🦋🪲🦋🐞🦋🪲🦋
    🐞🦋🪲MAY 2023 🪲🐞🦋
    🦋🐞🦋🪲🦋🐞🦋🪲🦋

I am a person who values the health and fitness of body mind and soul

Habits keep me going when motivation flags.

April I will ….. Hogwarts has kept me on top of things as I recover, so I am continuing with it into May.
    Each morning, after my first short walk, I am checking in at Hogwarts Castle to see what tasks have been set.
    🧙🏻🧙🏻🧙🏻🧙🏻🧙🏻

Daily Solid Habits:(I am continuing with these to the best of my ability at the moment.)
    💎Right this minute: Anti procrastination strategy
    💎Daily Meditation
    💎CleanToilets/Walk/Make beds
    💎Post Sole Mates steps
    💎Weigh < 140/log
    💎Monitor %age Fat/Muscle
    💎Log CI<CO/Balance macros
    💎Herbal tea/supplements
    💎Self care
    💎Quality time with DH
    💎Ablutions/dress/Shiny sinks
    💎Breakfast
    💎Intentional exercise > 60 minutes
    💎Cardio > 6000 steps
    💎Strength > 15 minutes
    💎Flex > 15 minutes
    💎Active hours > 6
    💎Declutter > 15 minutes
    💎paint/draw/write/read
    💎Craft/crochet
    💎General chores
    💎Gardening
    💎jigsaw/puzzles/TV favourites
    💎Meet with friends
    💎Quality family time
    💎Sole Mates evening reminder
    💎JGM10Ds/JFT/UAC
    💎Close Apple rings
    💎Building Better Habits
    💎Duolingo Latin
    💎Update Women over 50
    💎Daily chores
    💚💚💚💚💚

YOU are worth the effort!

Terri🦄

• Jana_2020
    Options
    May 5: Strength training done before work this morning; got the monkey off my back early & set the tone for a positive day!

Excellent affirmations @TerriRichardson112. I am going to copy them this month. Without really articulating it, it is my mindset lately. It's especially important for me at this time, as I recently went off my anti-anxiety meds.

I am a person who values the health and fitness of body, mind & soul. I am worth the effort!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,764 Member
    Options
    Wowzers! @Jana_2020 - you are starting the month strong. I too need to commit to more strength training. Right now my PT exercises are great for my lower body (so many squats!), but my upper body is not getting any attention.

@donna25trinity - no coffee ! Yikes, that’s a bold move! I think that’s the hardest challenge although a 5:30am workout is might impressive.

@TerriRichardson112 , what an impressive list of solid daily habits! I’ll see you around the castle 😉

For my primary May habit, I’m going to do the Baby Steps from the Flylady housekeeping system. I’ll still keep doing my PT, staying within my calorie goal, and practicing yoga.

But I’m also taking on some deferred maintenance on my house. 🚼stands for baby step complete. 🚼stands for baby step complete.

May 1 - 🚼 shine sink
    May 2 - 🚼 dress to shoes first thing - ugh! This one’s hard
    May 3 - 🚼review the system
    May 4 - 🚼 post post-it note reminders
    May 5 - 🚼 recognize negative voices and counteract them with positive thoughts.
    May 6 - 🚼 clean a “hot spot” I cleared a table buried under paperwork

So far I’m doing great and feeling inspired and encouraged. I’m also doing well on my previous habits. I’ve stayed under calories, done my PT exercises, and practiced yoga every day. May just May be a good month.
  • donna25trinity
    edited May 2023
    Options
    6th
    *Book dentist app No
    *No coffee to keep calm in the day and to avoid procrastinating in the morning Yes
    *Head out for workout by 5.30am, make the most of workouts.. long jogs, meaningful weights session, park workouts kickboxing Yes
    * Moisturise body in am yes and face routine in pm yes
    *Take vitimans in morning yes
    * Pretrack and track accurately inc w/e dnt pick aa u will just feel guilty and u will put the weight back on! No
    * Allow myself to eat maintaince calories no more or less than x2 a week! No
    * let go of control,fear, ego and the need to prove myself at work. Wat matters in life is my baby and husband! Yes
    * me: floss daily and hve patience wen bub: kicks and screams wen i brush his teeth, take my time doing it! Yes

• donna25trinity
    Options
    7th
    *Book dentist app No
    *No coffee to keep calm in the day and to avoid procrastinating in the morning Yes
    *Head out for workout by 5.30am, make the most of workouts.. long jogs, meaningful weights session, park workouts kickboxing Yes
    * Moisturise body in am yes and face routine in pm yes
    *Take vitimans in morning yes
    * Pretrack and track accurately inc w/e dnt pick aa u will just feel guilty and u will put the weight back on! Yes
    * Allow myself to eat maintaince calories no more or less than x2 a week! Yes
    * let go of control,fear, ego and the need to prove myself at work.! Wat matters ion life is my baby and husband! Yes
    * me: floss daily and hve patience wen bub: kicks and screams wen i brush his teeth, take my time doing it! Yes

• donna25trinity
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @77tes I had a tummy bug 2 weeks ago and cldnt stomach coffee for a week so didn't really notice the withdrawal symptoms cos I felt pretty lousy anyways... then after a week caffine free I thought I'm going to try to stick at it and so far so good! I've replaced it with a hot chocolate. Probably not a great substitute but it's working atm. Xo
  • Jana_2020
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @77tes Fly Lady is a great program. I started following her during Covid, when all 3 of us were home from work and 2 of us ended up working from home: one in the office and one at the diningroom table. Our daughter was turning the whole house into an office, a gym, a couple of hangout spaces, a yoga studio... lol. As the house got more cluttered, it was easy to leave everyday stuff laying around. A takeaway that I still do today is tidy the kitchen each night and shine the sink if it needs it (usually 2/3x a week but I did it every night when I first followed her). Our old house was too small for us and it was easy to let it get cluttered. This new house of ours has lots of storage (purposely looked for it when we were searching). I can't express how much better my state of mind is now that we have an uncluttered and tidy home. (Mind you it's also easier now that our lil messy Bessie and all her belongings have moved out permanently.) It's so easy to keep clean now also, without first having to go through and find homes for everything. I wish you success with Fly Lady's program and experience the peace that comes as a result. You may find it will help with your negative voices. For the first time ever, since 2020, I use cleaning as a stress reliever. It provides such a sense of accomplishment; whatever's bothering me tends to fade into the background. Good luck, you are in good hands with her program.
  • Jana_2020
    edited May 2023
    Options
    May 6, no strength training, as the day wore on I got tired and lost my energy and motivation to get it done.

May 7. Husband was trying to get me to leave early to visit my Mom (she lives an hour away so it's easily 4 hours out of the day). He wanted to get there and get back early to settle in and watch his hockey game. But I actively reminded myself of @TerriRichardson112's words of wisdom, that I am a person who values the health and fitness of my body, mind and soul and that I am worth the effort. So I said no, I needed to finish my weekly meal prep AND get my strength training and cardio exercises in before I left. He still tried to talk me into doing it when we get back. But we both know if I'm going to get anything done, it needs to be in the early part of the day (I've suffered from insomnia for about 26.5 years now; my best part of the day is in the morning to early afternoon.) So I stuck to my guns, he went and had a nap, and I finished my meal prep and did my cardio and strength training before I showered and got ready to head out to my Mom's. This is a significant step for me: I need to learn to put myself and my goals first instead of always trying to fit it in after everything else. Self-care needs to be a priority.