This May I Will....

Options

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Jana_2020 wrote: »
    May 5: Strength training done before work this morning; got the monkey off my back early & set the tone for a positive day!

Excellent affirmations @TerriRichardson112. I am going to copy them this month. Without really articulating it, it is my mindset lately. It's especially important for me at this time, as I recently went off my anti-anxiety meds.

I am a person who values the health and fitness of body, mind & soul. I am worth the effort!

Welcome back, @Jana_2020! I’m so happy to see you! Affirmations certainly are a powerful tool. And I’m glad you’re making self-care a priority.
  • themedalist
    Options
    I am going to do my best to return back here during May. I am getting more physical energy back, but not to normal yet. When I looked over my April exercise calendar, I realized that I took 15 additional 'easier' / 'rest' days, besides my normal 'rest' day on Sundays.

And I am still having trouble focusing on, or remembering to finish, or do some things, including two things that I would definitely not have forgotten to take care of before getting Covid.

I decided what would help me most at this time would be to get into the daily habit of picking (only) one particular thing that must get done (or started). Something that has simply been forgotten, or is time sensitive, especially if I keep passing over it for no real reason except my current difficulties with focus or starting things.

I had been attempting to work with a special short list of around three items, but that hasn't worked. I hope that focusing on only one unique 'to do' might be the answer. My normal 'daily' list will be kept separate, and there is no need to change that, at least for now.

I am mostly keeping up with the daily paper tiger, like mail, but I have not been up to tackling the older paper, such as what is in the filing cabinet etc. That will be for later.

May 1-2-3-4-5-🌸
    7-8-9-10-11-12-13
    14-15-16-17-18-19-20
    21-22-23-24-25-26-27
    28-29-30-31

texasgardnr 🌺🦋🌷

Welcome back, @texasgardnr! COVID is so brutal to so many people. I’m glad you’re getting your energy back but I know it must be frustrating taking so long. I think you’re smart to focus on just one small unique thing to do or get started. The daily practice is a big step forward.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Walked twice yesterday not the usual distance but done. Todays task is to unload the firewood from the truck to the wood rack my cardio and strength workout

Unloading and stacking wood is a superb workout. Good for you. @snowshoe072!
  • themedalist
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    May 14 - 🚼 I wasn’t going to do anything cleaning wise on Sunday, especially Mother’s Day. Fortunately, the step today was to start a calendar - I’ve learning to use my online calendar especially with a bazillion medical appointments, so today I explored it a bit. I found the daily and weekly views (duh 🙄 - how did I miss these). I had a lovely Mother’s Day morning, my dear daughters treated me to French pastry and watching their gift - a DVD of Mrs. Harris goes to Paris. Bonus points- With a little if juggling of my menu, I managed to stay within my calorie goal!

Sounds like a wonderful Mother’s Day, @77tes! I didn’t see my daughter in person, but we did play a round of mini golf in VR. It was super fun and it didn’t seem like we were 2000 miles apart. We are going to start playing weekly.

I hope everyone had a great Mother’s Day!
  • themedalist
    Options
    Successfully navigated a 5-day trip away. Two days later, I Now weigh less than when I left. Figured out I should be drinking 9.5 cups of water not 8. Cut out 2nd cup decaf & now am back up to 75 (my weight in kilograms) ounces per day or more. ~9.5 cups [I use two 16 oz water bottles & refill twice.

Took my measurements today. No really big changes but I do feel leaner in my middle.

Things I learned:
    I really do best with SET meal times & an earlier dinner.
    9:30-10:30AM breakfast PILLS
    1:30-2:30 lunch
    5:30-6:30 PM window - (might move this later as my walks will be later as days heat up)

My mantra:
    I’m 67; I don’t need snacks 🤣😂❤️

Great insights, @MadisonMolly2017! Your mantra made me smile!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,765 Member
    Options
    @themedalist , I’m so glad you got to play a round of golf with your daughter, even if it was virtual!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,078 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    BHH I will…
    🦋🐞🦋🪲🦋🐞🦋🪲🦋
    🐞🦋🪲MAY 2023 🪲🐞🦋
    🦋🐞🦋🪲🦋🐞🦋🪲🦋

I am a person who values the health and fitness of body mind and soul

Habits keep me going when motivation flags.

April I will ….. Hogwarts has kept me on top of things as I recover, so I am continuing with it into May.
    Each morning, after my first short walk, I am checking in at Hogwarts Castle to see what tasks have been set.
    🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰
    🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰
    🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰

Daily Solid Habits:(I am continuing with these to the best of my ability at the moment.)
    💎Right this minute: Anti procrastination strategy
    💎Daily Meditation
    💎CleanToilets/Walk/Make beds
    💎Post Sole Mates steps
    💎Weigh < 140/log
    💎Monitor %age Fat/Muscle
    💎Log CI<CO/Balance macros
    💎Herbal tea/supplements
    💎Self care
    💎Quality time with DH
    💎Ablutions/dress/Shiny sinks
    💎Breakfast
    💎Intentional exercise > 60 minutes
    💎Cardio > 6000 steps
    💎Strength > 15 minutes
    💎Flex > 15 minutes
    💎Active hours > 6
    💎Declutter > 15 minutes
    💎paint/draw/write/read
    💎Craft/crochet
    💎General chores
    💎Gardening
    💎jigsaw/puzzles/TV favourites
    💎Meet with friends
    💎Quality family time
    💎Sole Mates evening reminder
    💎JGM10Ds/JFT/UAC
    💎Close Apple rings
    💎Building Better Habits
    💎Duolingo Latin
    💎Update Women over 50
    💎Daily chores
    💚💚💚💚💚💚💚
    💚💚💚💚💚💚💚
    💚💚💚💚💚

YOU are worth the effort!

Terri🦄
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I <3 reading everyone's comments and seeing your progress. Hard to believe we just have a week left in May!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,078 Member
    Options
    Things are largely back to normal, apart from stamina. I just flag after dinner. The body knows what it needs.
    BHH I will…
    🦋🐞🦋🪲🦋🐞🦋🪲🦋
    🐞🦋🪲MAY 2023 🪲🐞🦋
    🦋🐞🦋🪲🦋🐞🦋🪲🦋

I am a person who values the health and fitness of body mind and soul

Habits keep me going when motivation flags.

April I will ….. Hogwarts has kept me on top of things as I recover, so I am continuing with it into May.
    Each morning, after my first short walk, I am checking in at Hogwarts Castle to see what tasks have been set.
    🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰
    🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰
    🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰
    🏰🏰🏰

Daily Solid Habits:(I am continuing with these to the best of my ability at the moment.)
    💎Right this minute: Anti procrastination strategy
    💎Daily Meditation
    💎CleanToilets/Walk/Make beds
    💎Post Sole Mates steps
    💎Weigh < 140/log
    💎Monitor %age Fat/Muscle
    💎Log CI<CO/Balance macros
    💎Herbal tea/supplements
    💎Self care
    💎Quality time with DH
    💎Ablutions/dress/Shiny sinks
    💎Breakfast
    💎Intentional exercise > 60 minutes
    💎Cardio > 6000 steps
    💎Strength > 15 minutes
    💎Flex > 15 minutes
    💎Active hours > 6
    💎Declutter > 15 minutes
    💎paint/draw/write/read
    💎Craft/crochet
    💎General chores
    💎Gardening
    💎jigsaw/puzzles/TV favourites
    💎Meet with friends
    💎Quality family time
    💎Sole Mates evening reminder
    💎JGM10Ds/JFT/UAC
    💎Close Apple rings
    💎Building Better Habits
    💎Duolingo Latin
    💎Update Women over 50
    💎Daily chores
    💚💚💚💚💚💚💚
    💚💚💚💚💚💚💚
    💚💚💚💚💚💚💚
    💚💚💚

YOU are worth the effort!

Terri🦄

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,992 Member
    Options
    Had a good week habits wise except for Friday, over indulged no exercise. Xo
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,765 Member
    Options

I’m crawling along with my baby steps and seeing progress in my house. Only a few more days left for the 31 day challenge.

I’m also keeping up with daily yoga, my PT homework, and staying under calorie goal. May is going great.

May 21 - 🚼consider how/why you procrastinate
    May 22 - 🚼 work on Control Journal
    May 23 - 🚼 add afternoon routine
    May 24 - 🚼 add swish and swipe bathroom to routine
    May 25 - 🚼give yourself a gold star ⭐️
    May 26 - 🚼you are not behind if you miss a day - I actually didn’t do this until the next day, so mission accomplished. 🤣
    May 27 - 🚼 plan your meals before dinner time
    May 28 - 🚼 take a 15 minute break to do something you enjoy.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,981 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @77tes !!
    Love those challenge activities!!

You always inspire me!
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,992 Member
    Options
    Yuck, glad may is over! Wat a really terrible month of sticking to habits. Back to basics for me in June. Xo
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I have finally finished catching up with this month's posts. Well done everyone! It was a pleasure to follow your progress!

Thank you to everyone for their kind words of encouragement during May. Things have definitely improved for me. Whereas in April I had taken 15 additional unplanned lighter days in the "physical activities/ walking" category, during May I had taken only 3 extra lighter activity days besides my normal Sunday 'rest days'.

Focusing on the one thing that needed to be accomplished on my "to do list" also took the stress off of not getting things done and as time went by it was easier to add more or stop at the one thing.

Besides physical exhaustion, I've also struggled with the brain fog since February. So I purposely did the same for that by doing the minimum (or maximum) of only one thing, but did not track it here. I was able to be ok with sending birthday cards later, open mail tomorrow, because paying the one bill took precedence and I accepted that. I still have a few things left to catch up with, but I can handle more things now that the fog is lifting without the past stress it was causing me. I think taking the mental stress away has also helped me. I have no unopened mail and all my current "paper work" like bills etc are caught up, and I'm almost caught up with several other things that required the ability to focus that I put into that general category.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    For my habit during May I will get into the daily habit of picking (only) one particular thing that must get done (or started) to keep the house functioning. I will be choosing it for the next day. That way I can pick something, for example, that I wasn't able to do the day before for whatever reason, or perhaps something with a deadline coming up....this can take the stress off of today and by tomorrow it will be easier because having it planned the day, or evening, before makes it easier to do it when tomorrow finally rolls around. (I started this on the 6th)

May 1-2-3-4-5-🌸
    🌸-🌸-🌸-🌸-🌸-🌸-🌸
    🌸-🌸-🌸-🌸-🌸-🌸-🌸
    🌸-🌸-🌸-🌸-🌸-🌸-🌸
    🌸-🌸-🌸-🌸

texasgardnr 🌺🦋🌷