How many times do you exercise per day?

Options
I haven’t had the chance to exercise more than once a day cause of the nature of my job but I do my best to exercise at least 4/5 times week. How often do y’all exercise?

Replies

• ReReNotMe
    ReReNotMe Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It depends what you count as exercise. I was overexerting myself at the beginning by going to the gym an hour every day when through my work as a carer I'm burning 600-700cal each morning cycling to and from clients.

Also I do weightlifting and a weights based routine is going to be different from a cardio based routine. I try to do cardio at the gym maybe once or twice a week on top of what I get from work and daily chores like walking the dog, cycling to the shop etc. and I try to do weightlifting at least twice a week making sure to have some rest days.

But idk it depends what your goals are in terms of fitness and what you count as exercise in the first place. I stretch every day but don't count it a exercise as it's low intensity and only lasts <10 minutes but for someone else it may be a moderate intensity 30 minute workout.

Sorry for the long post but it depends on my schedule and energy and that. That and I like to focus on effective exercise than potentially risky exercise that makes you feel like crap afterwards haha.
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I read a book called "Strong Women Stay Young" by Miriam E. Nelson, PHD. Very helpful. Gives you lots of info and exercises.

I am a 65yr old woman and since I want to keep good habits for a lifetime I don't go too crazy. I walk 30 to 40 minutes 5 times a week. I go to the gym and work the machines twice a week. I also do some other exercises that were taught to me by the trainer at the gym. If you're not used to working out it is very helpful to hire the trainer for at least a month or two. My total workout is usually about an hour.
  • Jima102250
    Jima102250 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I try to get on my exercise bike twice a day and average 100 minutes each time.
  • hazlema
    hazlema Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    IMHO Don't over do it. Once a day is great! If you do exercises more then once and get exhausted you will be less likely to do it the next day.

I do 43 minutes on my Nustep (recumbent bike) everyday. Why such a weird time? That's how long an episode of the show I am watching is. I set a personal rule that I can only watch it if i'm peddling away.

However, sometimes I do it twice a day, normally on a weekend.
  • jsutliff01
    jsutliff01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do split days
    Monday is upper body
    Tuesday is lower
    Wednesday core and abs
    Thursday is cardio
    Friday is glutes
    Saturday is yoga
    Sunday is a stretch and rest day
  • Fallingleaves323
    Fallingleaves323 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I go for lots of walks, I am so grateful for my dog because he makes walking fun for me! I go for multiple 20 min- an hr walks a day. Some days I just go for one and others I go for 4 or 5. Thats all the exercise I do, I am losing weight doing that over time. I have lost 70 lbs in the past 2 years dieting and doing that so not the most rapid weightloss but it’s coming off!