Cloudy Urine

Options
Rei1988
Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
Ever Since starting keto I'd have cloudy urine on & off. Recently it came back & it seems to only in the middle of the night. I don't believe it's a UTI & I have been drinking about 10 cups of water a day. Is it vitamins or protein I'm losing? idk does anyone know whats going on?

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    no idea, but when I google I find this site -
    http://www.medicinenet.com/cloudy_urine/symptoms.htm

It mentions high protein and dehydration as two things that can contribute. Your protein did look a bit high yesterday (I don't know if it's high enough that this would be the cause).

This site has some more info-
    http://voices.yahoo.com/when-worry-cloudy-urine-670723.html?cat=70
  • Rei1988
    Options
    Gosh that could be so many things! 12 Possible causes leaving out prostate infection & snail fever (which I highly doubt).

*sigh* I guess I'll have to go to the dang doctors. I was just curious if anyone else experienced this while on keto.

Thanks again Kira
  • Rei1988
    Options
    also worried doctors are gonna tell me I'm crazy & to stop my diet immediately. :(
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Could be something you ate that gave you the cloudy urine (a bit like it goes funny after beetroot) possibly something for when its cloudy? see if you have ate the same thing everytime you've had cloudy pee
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'd give it a few days, Unless you have pain or other things going on.

(I AM NOT A DOCTOR AND AM UNQUALIFIED TO GIVE MEDICAL ADVICE).
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have experienced it off and on but haven't worried about it. It's probably just related to something I ate. For example, I take biotin supplements and know that this can cause neon-yellow urine at times.
  • ellenkilpatrick
    ellenkilpatrick Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Also think of vaginal issues as a vaginal discharge may mix with the urine to give it a cloudy appearance and it may not be your urine at all... just another thing to investigate....