JUMP IN June 2023 Challenge

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
edited August 2023 in Social Groups
New month knocking on the door, new challenge!
This month's theme came to us a couple years ago courtesy of @kfat1. I liked the idea so much, I decided to use it again this year. And also, it was already dreamed up, and I'm busy. :bigsmile:
kfat1 wrote: »
JUMP IN June....a motivational challenge? Jump on in, feet first, full steam ahead, make a plan and jump right into it with all your determination, no excuses, just get it done! Make weekly goals,challenges and just jump in and do it! By the end of June, look back at your challenges and see which ones you JUMPED IN and GOT DONE!

Excellent idea!

The challenge starts June 1st. So go ahead and post your goals, whether it be nailing down plan Basics, increasing your fitness, or adopting healthy habits. Anything is fair game as long as it's in pursuit of your health or fitness. :+1:

Jump on in!
b8aacaba6695bbc94f0df05cd4546bf9.jpg

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    I will be using my home gym (arms only) for 30 minutes a day ... I will stay with Keto and IF ...I will try to get 6 hours of sleep (foot still is not allowing me much sleep) ...I will meal prep once a week on Sunday's
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Jumping in! - I will eat less than 100 Carbs a day. I will get better sleep by going to bed by 11 pm and no tv playing in the back ground or at least set a timer for automatically turning off. It has been an awful habit that has been hard to break.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I will get back to meal/snack planning & prep plus maintain my outdoor activities (hiking, biking, kayaking). A couple of camping trips on deck this month go hand in hand :)
    Once the weather evens out, I want to restart C25K.
  • offitgoes
    Options
    Jun 1 Carbs were over 100 :( went out to dinner for my Son's birthday. Ice cream cake and loaded mash potatoes threw me over to 121 carbs. Happy it was not worse. Also missed the bed time by 5 mins but the timer worked great!
  • offitgoes
    Options
    So here I am again and not getting a good start to the month of June. With that said I am holding myself accountable and new day, new start.
  • ShirleyStarr
    ShirleyStarr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jumping in. I plan to keep it simple by focusing on small steps one week at a time. This week my primary focus is tracking making sure getting protein and low carbs. My goal is to track at least 3 times this week and so far so good.
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    Meal and snack prep for today's camping trip complete. We are bringing the kayaks and plan to get some hiking in as well. Last night hubby wanted a snack but everything was packed away so I made a couple microwave keto chocolate brownies. I always love those but he'd never had one. He actually liked it, win win!!!
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    I'm up my standard 4-5 lbs post camping trip but I think most of that is from a BBQ we went to Sunday LOL. Strength training session yesterday and will try to walk at lunch. Need to drop that excess by next week for my check up so my doc doesn't needle me about it. It's all in good fun but I don't want to give him the opportunity ;)

We did a 5 mile hike Thurs and a quick paddle. Longer 90 min paddle Friday and 3 hours on Saturday. We managed to fit these in despite the off and on rain the whole trip.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Well it is mid month and I’ve been quiet here. I’ve been feeling like I’m on a hamster wheel, not wanting to log, not wanting to watch carbs but knowing I need to for long term benefits. I go through these peaks and valleys occasionally. I started reading Dr Fung’s Obesity Code and so far it is interesting but depressing to see how much false information we are given, believe it and make no progress to better health. Hopefully I come out of this funk soon!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Doing well with my food ... but I still haven't attempted to use my home gym... I am terrified of getting more hurt ... I see my podiatrist on the 22nd of June to discuss if I am having a 5th surgery or not ... I believe I am due to the 2 rods in my leg giving me issues ...I swear it is never-ending with me ... looking forward to the day this is behind me so that I can get back out there to walk ...I sure do miss it
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    Try as I might to drop the camping gain before my check up yesterday, my home scale said nope. However, the doctor said I lost a pound since March. I'll take it LOL.

Camping again today and with better weather so planning on being as active as possible. We're even bringing our bikes. Some menu items include keto blueberry pancakes, brats, turkey burgers, charcuterie board, protein bars and some plain greek yogurt. Doing my best to practice low carb camping!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    5th foot/leg surgery is happening on 7/7... I am hoping this is the last
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    I remembered. :joy:
    Next month's challenge is up: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10893846/get-dat-rear-in-gear-july-2023-challenge/p1?new=1

I'll probably join y'all once I get back from the wilderness, mid next week
  • KetoGammie
    KetoGammie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Adding walking daily to my diet plan, or working out with weights.
This discussion has been closed.