Back from outa town and up 6 lbs! - 12 lbs total now.

Options
So 1 time a month I am out of town for 5 days. And in that time, I am good with eating about 1 day (usually the day I leave) and then blam off the wagon. hitting fast food for convenience/time issues and over indulging in the evenings after work. I gained 4 lbs last month when I went out of town and never lost it and gained another 6 lbs this month......I completely stop tracking food in MFP and I am at a friends, so cannot really control foods prepared (though mostly healthy - not enough veggies more starches). I am in my reset week 8. I was stable for weeks.....from the time I returned last trip until the day I left. Should I cut a little to get this new weight gain off or just continue on with the stabilization and worry about cutting and losing all the gain later? I told hubs as much as I know we cannot afford to grocer both homes for a week of the month, I am gonna need to do that for my outa town travel or I am gonna keep gaining. Thoughts?

OH AND I MISSED YOU ALL!

Replies

• jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! Last week I was on a 7 day cruise! No logging at all! The scale says I gained 14 lbs! LOL!! I made crazy food choices that I would not have normally made if I had been at home!! I plan on just eating the way I was previous to the cruise. I know I ate over my TDEE on most days, but not 14 lbs worth! My clothes are still fitting, but just a little snug in the waist! So don't stress to much over the scale. I would suggest resuming logging and doing what you were doing previously!

Vacations happen! Enjoy and no regrets!!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say it was a vacation. I am out of town 1 time a month for work. And it has me running all over for clients, and staying on friends sofa, eating her food. So it makes preparing difficult. I brought snacks, but just was not a good week. I think I will have to bring a cooler with food next time round :(
    Hey there!! Last week I was on a 7 day cruise! No logging at all! The scale says I gained 14 lbs! LOL!! I made crazy food choices that I would not have normally made if I had been at home!! I plan on just eating the way I was previous to the cruise. I know I ate over my TDEE on most days, but not 14 lbs worth! My clothes are still fitting, but just a little snug in the waist! So don't stress to much over the scale. I would suggest resuming logging and doing what you were doing previously!

• jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say it was a vacation. I am out of town 1 time a month for work. And it has me running all over for clients, and staying on friends sofa, eating her food. So it makes preparing difficult. I brought snacks, but just was not a good week. I think I will have to bring a cooler with food next time round :(

Oh sorry, didn't see out of town for work in your initial post! But if you do this once a month, pre planning is key. Shop and bring your own food. Your friend will understand and support you!
  • jbnl1991
    Options
    I suggest you go back to where you were before the trip - no cut - just plenty of fresh veggies. I suspect several of those pounds are a result of the high sodium fast foods. There is no way you ate so far over your TDEE that you gained 6 pounds in 5 days.

What you really need is a plan for your next trip out of town. Pre-planning is key. Talk to your roommate and ask if you can help plan/prepare the meals or at least ask him/her what is on the menu so you can plan accordingly. Drive right by the fast food places and find a grocery store with a salad bar and/or deli. You CAN make good choices away from home. Find a park and take a walk.

Assess what you did this trip. What could you have done differently? What will you do next time?