Weight of a toddler

Options
jemethyst
jemethyst Posts: 107 Member
It amazes me how I can lose enough weight to equal an 18 month old and still not see the difference. It feels great seeing the numbers add up, it really does especially since the last few weeks have been a struggle, but in turn its also a slight downer that I can't physically see the difference.

For those that have been able to see the difference physically...how many lbs down before you could see a change?

Replies

• Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Somebody in my group used the analogy of a roll of paper towels.

When you put a new roll on, you can start taking towels off the roll, and the diameter of the roll doesn't seem to reduce very fast.

However, when you get to the middle of the roll, every towel removed starts to really show as the diameter of the roll reduces.

So for huge people like me, I have many "towels" to go before anyone can even begin to see the roll getting smaller.

I hear you. I've lost 57 pounds and nobody has noticed a thing yet. But I've noticed things.
  • jemethyst
    Options
    Oddly enough that really does make sense... Thank you!
  • jemethyst
    Options
    I guess I though "I" would notice it more, but I can't really
  • SucculentGoddess
    SucculentGoddess Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have started at 415lbs and lost 25 lb in the past 70 days
    I too cannot notice anything different in my body
    as it is only 6%

If you saw something on sale a 6% discount would not attract you
    but 20% might

What i have noticed that is different is my ability to get up and move
    It is only step by step
    but what a difference those few pounds have made
  • jemethyst
    Options
    If you saw something on sale a 6% discount would not attract you
    but 20% might
    Wow... True
    What i have noticed that is different is my ability to get up and move
    It is only step by step
    but what a difference those few pounds have made

Thank you, I needed that. Thinking on it I have noticed I've been able to add another 15 minutes to my walks without feeling like I'm killing myself
  • jemethyst
    Options
    I could give the two of you hugs!
  • TheRainIsGone
    Options
    The last time I'd tried to lose weight on a prepackaged meal program, I was so proud of my 40-pound weight loss, told my MIL about it, and she looked at me doubtfully and asked, "really?." It took the wind out of my sails. Then I stalled and gave up.
    I'm not blaming her, but it is important to have people in your life who support and encourage you.

A male casual acquaintance recently noticed, when I'd lost about 70 pounds, and said I looked younger. Now that it's 80 lbs., other people are making comments. Percentage-wise that's about 20% loss before being noticeable by others.

Part of the problem is I wear loose clothing and my initial weight loss was all around the parts I usually hide, stomach and thighs. It takes a bit more to show everywhere.

Hang in there, people!
  • lindseydavis07
    lindseydavis07 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've lost 37 pounds since June 25th.... I’ve had a few people say they can tell but not many.... I can tell a bit in my clothes BUT when I Look at myself in the mirror I can't see any changes :(
  • AbstractAsterism
    AbstractAsterism Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My face gets thinner first. Every time. So people know when I've been working on it because my cheeks kind of get sucked in. Other than that, only I notice. Though I had my first NSV of a pant size drop, so there's that.