Grain free meals

Options
Anyone have a favorite grain free meal?

I'm shooting for 7 per week. The salad I planned this week for my lunches is good but I know myself well enough to know that won't work week in and week out. Just don't love a main dish salad enough to eat it every lunch.

Going to try a grown up version of lunchables next week. Probably would be better if I cooked up the protein myself but I spent so long meal prepping on Sunday to make the salads. I'm going to do deli turkey even though the sodium is a little crazy.

Have any tried and true ideas?

Replies

• StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Why grain free?
  • peggycollinscolorado
    peggycollinscolorado Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Trying to cut back carbs for blood glucose reasons. Pretty sure grains are an area I'm over indulging in. I don't want to track food forever so one thing I'm trying out is eating a grain free meal per day-ish. @ least 5x per week. If that approach pulls my numbers back in range, I can do that long term I think.
  • georginalouisemcp
    georginalouisemcp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use lettuce leaves (iceberg) as my bread. So I fill it with tuna and sweet corn or ham and cucumber then roll it up xx
  • peggycollinscolorado
    peggycollinscolorado Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use lettuce leaves (iceberg) as my bread. So I fill it with tuna and sweet corn or ham and cucumber then roll it up xx

Good reminder about lettuce wraps. Doesn't always have to be torn up for a salad. Also, endive. Thanks!