Can't believe I'm here!

Options
iamunicoon
iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
Wait? What? I'm 40? When did that happen? It feels like only yesterday that I finished school!

Honestly, I have zero recall of ever growing up, despite the age the birthdate in my passport suggests. I'm still here, still single, still a crazy cat (+dog by now) lady. I play video games, I obsess over fictional characters and do very much every single thing "they" say adults don't do. Huh...

My body, however, is definitely as confused as I am. Only it can't believe it's "only" 40. Apparently, it feels more like 65... I'm overweight. Not as much as I used to be but still with almost 65lb to lose. I'm also diabetic and a dialysis patient. So apparently I'm a teenager stuck in a senior's body. Wild story...

Anyway, I'm here now and if there's anyone here who can even remotely relate to the babbling above, feel free to add me and let's do this together.

Disclaimers: I'm German. But don't let that scare you away. I'm nice, I swear (well, mostly.). I'm not here to do the dirty, so don't even bother adding me for that. Oh and I don't follow a certain diet, don't avoid any food like the plague and don't currently do any specific exercise despite walking with my dachshund (who also needs to lose weight btw, so yeah, my workout buddy is a wiener!). And I'm a big, big fan of positive support, so let's give each other more yay than nay, eh?

Replies

• michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    If you are open to supporting each other through communication (not just "liking" posts) please add me. I'm 49 with two young children and a teacher. Although I'm supposed to be doing noom, I can do that part on my own. I need to check in with someone. I actually like to write (when I have time) so I'll write quick messages when I'm busy and longer when I have more time.... but that's what tends to keep me connected with my goals. I'm trying to balance out my life.... which includes my health goals. I'll add you and you can send me a message if interested.
  • jrjordan79
    jrjordan79 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am all for additional support! I am 43, just diagnosed prediabetic, and am trying to get my food in check, exercise ramped up, and weight back where it needs to be. I am a mom of two, and work full time, so am not the best with long messages. But, I would love to follow and support you!