June 21-27, 2023

Options
Lastchancelj
Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
LW 224
TW 224.9

Yep. And I'm happy with that number. This past week has been a massive struggle. Super duper hungry and I don't know why. Yesterday I returned to physical therapy after a 2 week hiatus, but the hunger hit on Saturday and has not really abated. Hopefully it won't be too challenging today. Yesterday - along with my food and "fuelings" I had FOUR baby bell cheeses...and about 40 almonds throughout the day. Typically I'll have one-two cheese and I count out 20 almonds for each day. Some days there are still some in there...not the past couple of days. EEKS!! Anyhow, it is what it is and I'm continuing to attempt to stay the course. I did my inches this morning and I'm down a total of 14" throughout my body - belly and hips showing the most reductions (10 of those inches) - yeah!

Sheesh - your family time sounds exhausting and amazing!!! and congrats on the next future granddaughter!!! Super exciting. I love that your trainer's child and your grandkids were able to play together. New playdates are fun.

Sarah - great job staying with the workout - how did it go walking over and carrying everything? That's a great addition to your training!!

Gotta run to the office!!

Replies

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    LW: 129.8
    TW: 130.4

Essentially stable, although I sure did like seeing a "2" last week.

Lois, I had a few days of all-day hunger recently, too. I think you're wise eating if you're truly hungry, but focusing on foods like nuts and cheese that contain protein and some fat. Your body is making adjustments. My hunger finally went down to a normal level again, but while it was there, I also hit the nuts, as well as Oikos Pro (high protein) yogurt. I love that yogurt. Each 8 ounce carton has 20 grams of protein and it's really smooth in taste.

Sheesh, I forgot to add congratulations on the news about the new granddaughter.

I am trying today to do a few of the things I keep putting off (like letting my dentist know that I'm still having issues around that new implant), taking some items to the seamstress, getting a recommendation for an attorney (ours retired and I want to update wills, power of attorney, etc.) and continuing with the closet cleaning. I got a good start on the last item, but then took a hiatus. Start nagging me, ladies!

Lois, I tried unsuccessfully yesterday to find a lightweight backpack for my class, so I decided to carry two bags rather than one super heavy one to balance out the weight, and that worked out okay. Down the steps was not so bad; up was a little testy and my shoulder that gives me problems began to hurt. But, the good news is that our leader said that we have a very small amount of space in a closet there that locks, and without my even saying anything, she asked if I'd like to store my weights there. I said I'd try the uphill climb and let her know, and my answer is going to be "Yes, thank you!" The facility is nice, although the A/C was iffy. I will be co-leading on Thursday (lower body and balance).

Well before I head off, here are my 7-day stats. I have not yet decided on a goal for this week.

Steps = 10,757
    Kcals burned = 1,703
    Stairs = 14 floors

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Last time: 132.8
    TW: 133.6

Well, not unexpected, but still frustrating. I had hoped that all the activity would keep an increase from happening, but it just goes to show that what I eat is more important than activity.

I had my trainer Monday, but missed any formal workout yesterday because of laundry and cleaning up the house. I'm off to do a walk today, and maybe an Apple workout.

Lois, I'm happy you ordered more on your program . . your reduction is incredible, especially the inches. Sarah, carrying those weights to your class is a workout in itself! Kelly, I was impressed with your reduction, and I'm looking forward to seeing your post.

• Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Sarah - congrats to you on carrying your weights back and forth. I'm with you tho - I think I'd rather store them onsite versus carrying back and forth (unless you use them outside of your class at home - then I'd probably order a back up set - hahaha). Good luck with the continued learning and classes. Please alert your dentist so you don't end up with other challenges down the road with the implant. I have one and I don't even feel it. We're also working with a new attorney here to get our trust and wills back up to snuff- especially since my daughter is now state-side. So many thing to update.

My "snacks" have been lite baby bell cheese and 20 almonds per day, additional celery stalks and possibly even pickle spears (the almonds, celery and pickles are on the approved "snack" list). I've even added an additional "fueling" or a shake as well. I don't know if it's the additional activity I had over the weekend that started the trigger but dang, I was starving and anxious. I did my PT on Tuesday and sadly - with work projects had to cancel for today. I only work 1/2 days on Fridays, but we have our vehicles scheduled for standard service tomorrow (we drop one off super early and then when that one is done, switch out for the other). So depending on when I have to do the "switch out" tomorrow, I may add a PT session tomorrow afternoon. I really need them to break up the scar tissue. And today, my weight is a bit higher - UGH!! I drank 90+ oz of water yesterday along with my coffee and even did 24 oz of pedia lyte solution because I just felt like maybe I was a bit dehydrated. My right toe is on the mend, and now the temps are in triple digits so I'm close to wanting to get into the pool. Next week I can start swimming with my toe. YAY!!

Sheesh - your activity astounds me. Your drive and focus is so awesome!!! And your family balance is incredible! I strive for that again. You will reduce again when you're back in your mode.

And yes, the inches are amazing, though I can't really tell or feel it, but the tape measure doesn't lie. And I do it myself so I know the same locations - no one is pulling it snugger to get the reductions...it's a comfortable measure. (I hated one dietician who was loose the first time and the next round snug and snugger each time). I have enough of the "fuelings" to get me through the holiday. And I will probably reorder again (still too lazy to do a real solid meal plan and prep). But I have to be honest, I'm not "happy" or excited on this plan. The GI issues continue and if I forget to take a gas x - it's a napalm bomb! To be honest, with this program, when we go out, I do strive to meet the "lean and green" meal parameters, but I'm not going to feel deprived. If that makes sense. And that wasn't this past week but a few weeks ago we had celebration dinner - I enjoyed my meal with the family - including a couple of bites of the dessert. I found with me, that if I say a hard NO to something, my mind wants it so much more. If I partake just a bite or two, I'm good and don't feel left out or upset and I'm more successful.
  • GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Today is my slower day, and hubby and I want to go out to a movie or a meal or ? Tuesdays were our "date day" of the week which Covid kind of messed up, but we're trying to get back to that schedule. The house is pretty much put back together and clean from the family visit. I've been cooking, but I'm ready for a break from that, so I'll probably have an increase right before weigh in day, ha ha. I had a good weight training workout with trainer yesterday. Looking back through my workouts on my watch, I've worked out every day since June 21, weight training or cardio, but unfortunately doing that makes me more hungry. It's a conundrum!

Sarah, I saw some of the game between the Nats and the Mariners, and the 3rd called strike to end the game, and I was thinking of you. How are the Nats doing this year other than that bad call against them? I follow the Giants mostly, and watch a game here and there. They had a good streak going on for a little while.

Lois, it's really, really difficult to pass on things that make us feel deprived and left out. . . and maybe we don't. Maybe we just limit it. Sometimes that old Doritos commercial slogan pops into my mind . . .
    "They'll make more". Somehow that helps me accept that I can do it for now. Doesn't always work though. :p

I'm hoping to see posts from Kelly and Katie . . I know we're all super busy with summer.