GET DAT REAR IN GEAR July 2023 Challenge

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
It's not summer for some of us. It's winter in the southern part of the globe. Or you can take the position of the sunny side and remember we're smack dab in the throes of the oh-so-lovely 2023, still freakin' dealing with one kind of crazy nonsense or another... Whatever the season (or catastrophe. There's always somethin' these days, isn't there? :unamused:), the month of July is as good a month as any to endeavor to challenge ourselves to stretch our goals, to push ourselves a little farther or harder, because we know, if we want to, we can do anything. These past few years have def proved how strong we can be!

Some of us have been plugging along and maybe have slowed down their effort a little. Some of us have paused to blink and noticed "Dang! 6 months are gone already, and I'm still spinning my wheels not getting it done. :grimace: "
No problem. It's Get Dat Rear in Gear July. Off yer duff, me hearties! It's go time.

63tlqnl38zwz.jpg

Whether it be revamping our on-going plan or finally spurring ourselves to get off our rear and start, let's challenge ourselves to improve our efforts. As long as it represents an improvement for you and your health/fitness, your goal is perfect for this month, whatever it may be. Buckle down on plan basics? Push a little harder in workouts? Branch out and try a new kind of exercise? Stepping up lagging NEAT? Or just plain BEGIN? It's all fair game.

Get dat rear in gear, y'all, and see how far you can go! I think you'll surprise yourself. :wink:

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,419 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I am hoping after this 5th surgery I will be able to do my goals ... June I didn't do much due to hurting a lot ... I would like to start using my home gym for 30 minutes 5 days a week ...I would like to meal prep on Sundays... I will continue to do keto and IF ...Drink 140 ounces of water daily and sleep at least 6 hours a day (this foot/leg hasn't let me so far )
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    My July goal is to restart C25K in addition to my planned camping, hiking and kayaking outings. If the weather cooperates, I've left time in my schedule for a long bike ride or two. Still doing strength training 1x week but would love to add 1 or 2 more 30 min sessions/week. Food is pretty steady so not a concern at this time.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am hoping after this 5th surgery I will be able to do my goals ... June I didn't do much due to hurting a lot ... I would like to start using my home gym for 30 minutes 5 days a week ...I would like to meal prep on Sundays... I will continue to do keto and IF ...Drink 140 ounces of water daily and sleep at least 6 hours a day (this foot/leg hasn't let me so far )

5th Surgery happened yesterday where he removed the 2 rods in my leg but added 4 larger screws to my ankle ..My ankle is not healing correctly
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 how are you feeling?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 how are you feeling?

Extremely painful ... Thanks for asking ... I see my Dr. next week
  • KetoGammie
    KetoGammie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Getting in 5000-10000 steps a day.
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    It's been way to hot and humid to much of anything this month, UGH!!! An then there's the smoke from the Canadian wildfires. Guess I'm not meant to do C25K?
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    Really missing the participation that used to be in this group.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I’ve been totally slacking this summer so need to jump back in for accountability. Hopefully people are busy and will come back to check in soon!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I was out of town for 3 weeks - business & Family trip. I did remarkable well - lost 2 lbs but found 1 and now just hovering. Was very good about eating low carb. It sure helps when DH is on the same page re eating. When I got home trying to readjust to a routine that is when my food choices were not the best. Last night I reallly wanted popcorn or some other carb. Had to keep asking myself "what result do I want?" Not really concerned about the weight. Ir is the blood sugar I am trying to get under control. That question worked for me last night. Stayed the course.