Options
hallene
hallene Posts: 79 Member
Hi everyone. I am new to this group, not to FP.
Currently I am stuck, can not loose final 10 lbs. I plan to faithfully complete my daily diary
to determine what foods are sabotaging me. I also plan to do 150+ min weekly exercises.
I would like the groups feedback.

Replies

• mandycat_florida
    mandycat_florida Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Don't apologize about being a "newbie." I'm 77 years old and I've been a "newbie" of one kind or another several thousand times in all those years. For your 150+ minutes a week of exercise, I think it helps to mix up strength training and cardio, about half and half. Don't forget to insert some rest days here and there. And be patient; those last X pounds are the hardest. Your body has had time to figure out all your little tricks and has learned how to outsmart you.

But you're probably not such a newbie that you didn't already possess these gems of wisdom; this is pure self-indulgence on my part.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome @hallene !
    There isn't a magic formula. Just diligently log everything you eat (use kitchen scales !), get an estimate for your what you burn with activities. Wait for a week or three, see the result and adjust accordingly. If you are not losing, then cut down calories with 100-150 cals per day. See what that does to your body.
    Repeat accordingly.