Options
KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
Welcome to July!

Replies

• KateNkognito
    Options
    Not much going on today. Just hot and gross. Fireworks are tonight. Have a lovely weekend!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Happy Monday! I ate like an unsupervised five year old this weekend. Back to fasting today.
    Going to start working my way around the house doing cleaning and sorting. Have a great week!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Happy Fourth of July! We are having a low key celebration with kabobs for lunch, then the boys have to work this evening. Husband and I are going to sit in the driveway and watch everyone else blow their money.
    We went to look at a new car for me yesterday. Mine is approaching 100k miles and my youngest needs a vehicle. So he gets mine and I get a new one. :)
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!

Happy belated Independence Day @KateNkognito!!

Sounds like you guys had a nice time! We were able to dodge the rain drops pretty much all weekend and we had yummy burgers on the grill last night. WOO HOO!

Had a nice time on Saturday at our friend's house and that was a really pretty day too.

Back in the office today to beeping sound under the kitchen sink. I have called maintenance. Sigh... Hearing that the coffee machine in the upstairs kitchen is also not working. And we didn't get our milk delivery... I tell you, the fun never ends!

Hope you have a good day. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Noth the coffee maker! That's what keeps people civilized! Especially on a Monday-Wednesday. :o
    Glad you had a nice weekend! It was HOT here, but today is cool and rainy. Snuggling with the dog. He is 16 and is starting to have some health issues. We're appreciating all the time we have left with him.
    Probably going to look at cars again today. I should probably get up and get my day started. The dog is really cute, though...
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Yes, I know what you mean about hot @KateNkognito we are currently sitting at 80 degrees F and sunny with heavy duty humidity! My poor hair. LOL

Sorry to hear about the doggie. It is sad when they get older. :(

Car shopping is exciting! Hope you find a great deal. I have been driving Hondas since 2008 so I am a HUGE fan. Never had any issues and a few years back when a jerk ran a stop sign and plowed in to me, I stayed safe. No injuries except to my SUV at the time. It was totaled.

Hope you have a good Thursday. I am liking this short week! The plumber should be here hopefully soon to figure out why we have no hot water coming out of our sink that had a new hot water heater installed back in March of 2022! Yes, at least the coffee machine is not affected! LOL

See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Yesterday got away from me. Happy Friday! I need to be a little bit productive today, but I just don't want to. Thinking I might read my book that is due soon. And maybe fold some laundry. Maybe.
    @Meghan509 if it isn't one thing broken, it's another. I feel like that is what adulting is, fixing broken stuff.
    Have a great weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Posting right on your heels, @KateNkognito LOLOL Enjoy your book! I am a huge reader too. I am knee deep in a new mystery and can't wait to pick it up again later on. :)

I know what you mean about broken! The Rubbermaid kitchen garbage can we purchased via Amazon back in January has this plastic insert that you use for the bag. That broke. :( Need to take pictures and submit to Rubbermaid with some other info to prove that it is under warranty. Disappointing...

Happy Friday to you too! Working from home today which is good because it is a good day to just be at home with the air conditioning on. Yowser! Humid as heck!

Good news is we should have a nice sunny day on Saturday free of rain drops and Sunday is not looking too bad either.

Have a good Friday and weekend. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    So humid here! I walked the dog and I felt like I had just gotten out of the pool! Have a lovely weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Monday is here, grumble grumble. It's okay. Yes, sunny and HUMID here! Nice to be working remotely and not dealing with the heat as much.

Weekend was quiet but good. Sat outside a little and we did get some rain yesterday which is good. Have to try and stay ahead of the drought that we dealt with last summer. Feels like last summer!

Not sure if I mentioned that my BF's Dad fell on July 4 and fractured his hip. He went in for surgery the following day and due to the amount of arthritis he had they ended up replacing his hip. The other hip he had already had replaced a while back so this is hip number two! BF has been spending time with his Mom and Dad to help them out. His Dad is at a rehab now doing PT and doing well. BF's brother and family are coming out this week for a prescheduled vacation so he will pick up the assistance when he arrives. Never a dull moment with aging parents. :(

Hope you are well and are staying cool. Hot summer days and nights for sure! Chat soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Back to the chiropractor today for a follow-up on the big appointment I had a month ago. Going to focus on my anxiety this time. This last month the focus was nutrition.
    I hope this is a good week for you! It is supposed to be HOT the first part of the week and then get a bit cooler with a chance for rain. I wish we had a pool.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning,

Busy AM here, so quick post to check in and say hi and to say STAY COOL! Supposed to be 90's F here today but less humidity. Tomorrow the humidity is back! *screams*

Big work project this week, with presentation formatting and binder creating. Fun, fun, fun!

Hope have a great day and see you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

So work went from cRaZy to literally dead in 24 hours! How does that happen!? LOL Anyway, okay by me. Sort of a calm before the storm as you might say. Waiting for my colleague in the UK to give me the go to start formatting these PPT presentations. Then tomorrow hopefully is print day. Hurry up and wait!

Mean while a lot of folks are not in today - working remotely. And the air conditioning is SO COLD I think I might need a jacket. LOL Hot and humid outside phew!

Hope you have a good day. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 I hope the project goes smoothly! I hate having to wait for other people. I somehow missed your post about your bf's dad. Glad he is doing better! My husband's sister fell the same day and broke her elbow. She's almost 70. Had to have surgery, too. My parents are moving at the end of this week and I just hope nothing happens! I am the youngest person in the family besides the kids. Sometimes I feel like I work in a retirement home.

It is stupidly hot and humid here. I was out briefly this morning. :o

On the health front, Prime Days netted me some new shoes to help with ankle pain and the chiropractor gave me a new supplement for anxiety that is really helping. Also, I have been fasting really well lately. Feels like I am carrying a lot of extra water that is going to drop off and give a big weight loss.

I had to walk through the back to school section and I was both sad and excited.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Yes, project going so far so good. Doing some formatting and planning to print this afternoon. Got my comfy sneakers on today, for many trips back and forth to the lovely printer. LOL Also am wearing a sweater since it is super warm and humid out which means office freezer this afternoon!

That is awesome you got some nice new sneaks on prime day @KateNkognito! We bought a new coffee maker! Woo hoo! Can't wait for it to come tomorrow.

Hope you have a good loss this week and that darn water leaves! UGH.

Glad to hear your anxiety is better with your supplements. I don't suffer but I totally get it. Life is not easy. My thing is random outbursts of tears still... And now that it is TOM UGH, break out the Kleenex. :'(

Going to get back to my project. Hope you have a great day and see you soon!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    At least you will get lots of steps in, @Meghan509! Good luck!
    Still stupid hot. I am over this weather. Going to do laundry, shower with the fancy soap, and then do my nails. Then I am going to start thinking back to school thoughts tomorrow. :s
    Have a good day!
  • Meghan509
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Good morning! (Just a little before noon here on the east coast!!)

Slower day here. Not a whole lot of motivation on my part. Little burnt out from yesterday!

But, yes thank you @KateNkognito I did get a lot of steps in! My project went well. Got all the formatting done and started printing before lunch, which is not bad at all. In years past I wouldn't start to print until late afternoon and then would need to work late. Bah. Got it all done in the afternoon by 4:00 or a little before. Would have been a little earlier but our CFO was in meetings and didn't have time to look at the documents. :blush:

Going to go in the office next week Monday through Wednesday so I can print out one last file that goes in the binders! Sigh. All good.

Yes, stupid hot here too and very humid. It was super dark and rainy this morning, I was hoping the power wouldn't flicker out on us. Phew. Our grass and plants are happy! Now it is just kind of cloudy with pokes of sun. Okay by me. Want to run out mid day to the grocery store and don't want to get soaked! LOL

When does school start for you @KateNkognito? If I am not mistaken my nephew in FL typically goes back mid August. Enjoy your next month or so! You got this.

Edit: Forgot to say have a nice weekend! No big plans here and that is fine by me. Tomorrow looking like the better weekend day of the two. Hoping to get a little patio time in. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509, sounds like a nice Friday! Glad everything went well yesterday. :)
    I report back the 3rd of August, then students start a couple of weeks later.
    Weather has cooled off a bit and we are supposed to get a bit of rain. The chickens will like that. I am starting my list of things around the house so I can ignore everything for a few months. This year should be a bit easier since I have taught everything before. But it is still tiring. I'd like to find a good rhythm so I can stay on top of things better.
    Have a good weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Wow, that is coming up fast @KateNkognito hope you enjoy your last few weeks! I was chatting with my BF's niece yesterday. She said they go back (students) on Monday, July 31 in the Phoenix, AZ area. That seems early to me!

We are still pretty hot and humid but not due any rain today which is nice. We are planning to do a little barbequing outside tonight for dinner. Yum!

On Saturday it was one of the hottest and most humid days of the year and what did we decide to do? Yard work! LOL We went through the area that surrounds our house and patio and kicked out a lot of dead flowers, weeds, spiny ivy, dead plants, and poison sumac plants. Those drive me crazy because they clog up the garden and the flowers suffer! Also got a lot of ivy off the house which I know would make our landlord happy. LOL We also had to fix one of my planters full of Geraniums. It had gotten overwhelmed from the rain and was looking like a small pond. Poor flowers. Today we checked and they are a lot happier and starting to bloom again!

Got A LOT of rain Sunday (yesterday) which is good for the plants and grass, but not so much for driving to visit my BF's family. LOL We made the best of it. Nothing like white knuckling during the heavy heavy rain where you can't see an inch in front of you. :neutral:

Hope you had a nice weekend! I am in the office today! On a Monday *gasp* but all good. Getting a few changes done to these presentations. Hardly anyone in! Yea! LOL

Have a good day and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Wow, @Meghan509, you were super productive this weekend! I bet your yard looks awesome! I can't believe some schools are starting in July! I know a few people that have to report back next week. Crazy! Glad you made it safely in the rain. :) Have fun in the office on a Monday.

I am in a grouchy mood. I have not lost anywhere near as much as I would have liked to this summer and I have not been exercising either. Mostly my ankles still hurt from my bad shoe experience in the spring. Sigh. I guess progress is still progress and I am down some, so that's good.