NHS withdrawal of treatments

Options
mplloyd69
mplloyd69 Posts: 1 Member
So people: I spoke to Mr Sam Dobson today, Consultant Gynaecologist, who does NHS work out of The Park; as well as private work. We discussed the changes in medications and implants, often led by drug pricing, and the seemingly mismanagement of menopause in primary care (general practitioners). Plus the new PPC for HRT.

From my own perspective I’ve had a colourful gynae history.

But, more recently the oestrogen implant has been removed as a treatment option for NHS patients. For many women this was the last resort, and has had a very negative impact upon health, wellbeing and mood.

I wrote to NHS England and the integrated care board, both of whom apologised for my anxiety and distress and reported it was the Joint Formulary’s responsibility. The contact form on the joint formulary site reported an error when I attempted to raise the concern.

@NHSEngland then advised to write to the parliamentary ombudsman. https://www.ombudsman.org.uk/about-us/contact-us

I have emailed Steve Barclay MP.

Mr Dobson has written a supporting letter re certain cohorts of patients for which medications and implants were the final resort.

He said, to see if I can get more names to also support the petition to reinstate NHS treatments that are now only available privately at considerable cost.

Hell hath no fury like an untreated menopausal woman (or women) living on the edge.

DM me if you wish to participate.