Hungry after dinner

Options
Csfarrell129
Csfarrell129 Posts: 1 Member
Hi there ~ Anyone having trouble not eating before bed?

Replies

• Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    What kind of IF are you doing? I do alternate day fasting every so often to rest my GI and reboot my system. I find that if I eat beans and rice the night before that I can go the entire next day fasting without issue (as long as I have some salty broth and electrolytes). I think it takes the fiber a long time to go through my GI and feeds my microbes and they seem content and happy.

On my 'fed' days I do eat a little extra however, so it hasn't been amazing for weight loss but my energy went up and my blood work was better. I found that fasting for the entire day was easier then one meal a day or 8:16 or what not. The benefits were enough to keep me coming back and refining it, and I think it kinda requires a bit of trial and error. I hope to adopt the 5:2 but I need to set up a routine and right now I'm not quite there.

I stumbled into the benefits of fasting during covid, when I was very ill for ten days and didn't hardly eat anything and amazingly my arthritis cleared up, my back pain, my energy went up (despite the low oxygen...) and otherwise I started to feel *good* while also having a high fever and trouble breathing. It was eye opening.

Normally I'm pretty low fat / plant based as after the 'rona I couldn't digest meat anymore. After much experimentation to find the edges of that, fat is okay, it's the meat that isn't, and the more organic and natural the worse the issues. Had my pancreas tested, have tried enzymes, etc. but no dice. So for the most part....I'm a beans and rice kind of person now, lol. I've met a few local people who have the same exact issue, but haven't seen this online or anything, but I'm not on social media and not online too much.

I would definitely say fasting is worth it, but there is a learning curve. At first I tried protein shakes and just gave myself constipation and gastritis. Now I'll have a cup of broth and that's much better. Best of luck!

Anyway, sorry for the novel, best of luck to you. I suspect you could drink a
  • gzellner
    gzellner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Are you eating every other day?
  • Tncassidy
    Tncassidy Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 28
    Options
    Night time snacking has been a habit for such a long time, it was a real struggle the first week or so of my I.F. routine. I found that if I really packed in a lot of protein at the end of my feeding window I did not feel hungry.
    I was not struggling with hunger, I was struggling with habit. Used to lay in bed and watch Youtube or play video games- now I read a book, journal, set myself up for the next day, picking out my clothes and setting out my supplements, skin care, lymph massage and dry brushing- ANYTHING that is not sitting on my butt in front of a screen seems to do the trick for me.