July 12 - 18

Lastchancelj
Lastchancelj Posts: 1,340 Member
LW 224.5
TW 219.4

Well, a lot of it had to do with staying on the plan and having a migraine for a few days. Hoping to stay on plan for this next week as well and keep this momentum going. Still wish I'd be reducing using good meal planning etc. but my headspace is still not there.

Hoping everyone has a great week.

Replies

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,971 Member
    LW: 131.4
    TW: 130.0

Consider myself to still be holding my own. I have ricocheted between 129.8 and 131.0 this week, and that's okay considering that spike to 133.0 on June 30. I do not want to see that again.

That's a good reduction, Lois. I get that you'd rather be on a more normal meal plan, but give yourself credit for doing what you can given all that has been going on. :)

I'm tired this afternoon and not feeling very chatty at the moment, but I wanted to at least post my weight and my 7-day averages, which were:

Steps = 10,158
    Kcals burned = 1,653
    Stairs = 10 floors

Those figures were not quite as good as last week--none of them--but yet my weight went down a little bit, so that's another reminder that it's not just a simple equation.

Well, hubby is ready for us to start preparing dinner, so I'll be back later to chat and to talk about my goal for last week ( :s ) and my goal for this week.

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,127 Member
    LW: 134.0
    TW: 134.2

Well, I'm up again. But, at least you two had reductions! :) Congratulations. I had my trainer Monday and did cardio in addition. Tuesday was a doctor apt for me, and it was in my daughter's town, so I met her for lunch and then, of course, had to go back to her house to see my granddaughter. She was delightful. It tickles me that she runs to me when I see her, lol! We played and then by the time I drove home, I only had enough energy to make a light dinner and crash. Today I had a good long walk and a 20" Apple cardio dance and stretch. So, I'm moving. . just need to get my intake better.

We're ready to get on family zoom, so gotta run.

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,971 Member
    Hi, all. Happy Saturday. Sorry to be so late in getting back here. It has been kind of an odd week--not so much in what is going on, but in my head space. :/ Hubby started some prednisone for his back, but it's not doing much for the pain. So I'm dealing with someone whose mood is greatly affected by that at the same time that his work is ramping up. He is STILL helping cover the duties of a VP position that has been vacant way too long. And yesterday was another one of those days when I was just hungry all day. I'm not sure what causes that, but I'm up almost two pounds this morning (130 yesterday; 131.8 today). I know that this increase will not stay if I just get back to my normal pattern, but it's still frustrating to see.

We did have a little excitement on the cul-de-sac late yesterday afternoon. We had a terrible thunderstorm with torrential rain and in the midst of this, we heard lightning strike something nearby. We looked out, hoping that none of the big trees had been stuck and saw nothing. But a few minutes later, a huge fire truck came rumbling by, along with several emergency vehicles, and several firemen went into a house across the street. We saw no evidence of fire, although they connected to the hydrant at the top of the street and laid hoses down the street. Best we can figure is that perhaps lightning ran in on something in that house. It's owned by a young woman we barely know. She and her husband bought the house several years ago, but since then, they have either separated or divorced and she has been living there alone. Her car was gone before bedtime and has not returned, so I guess she's with family or friends. When I see it again, I plan to go over just to check on her and ask if she needs anything. Another reminder that life can change in an instant.

But back to the topic at hand, I did not meet last week's goal to burn at least 1,725 kcals on at least 3 days. I only broke 1,700 once. And I have to confess that I didn't set a goal for this week. But from today forward, my goal is just to move more throughout the day. I'm walking on the TM for about an hour a day, but much of the other time, I'm just too sedentary.

And mentioning that--it's time for me to get up from this desk! Hope everyone has an enjoyable and safe weekend. And that includes Kelly, whom I hope will have time to check in soon. We miss you!
  • GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited July 2023
    Happy Hot Sunday :)

Sarah, my gosh your story about the lightening strike was very concerning. I hope your neighbor is okay. That would be so traumatizing. I wonder what it did to her house? Let us know. And, I'm so sorry about your hubby's pain. Is he thinking of surgery? I hope not, as my hubby had it and it seemed to cause him more nerve pain. And we thought we had found the very best surgeon for him. Your hubby's work pressures add to the tension for him as well. I feel for you as I know how hard it is to care for a partner in pain or after surgery. Also, how is your certification to teach your class coming? That seems like it would be fun and give you a nice break from home to teach a class ;)

Lois, I think you have a birthday coming up this week. What are your plans to celebrate? Your reduction was amazing . . five pounds in a week! Do you have a goal weight in mind?

I'm also missing hearing from Kelly. I hope she and Katie check in soon. But, I remember having kids and busy summers. There's only so many hours in a day.

It's been quite hot here . . 75 degrees at my house already this morning, and supposed to possibly reach 100 at 4 pm. Hubby sealed our patio stones yesterday, and even though he did it in the shade, he was about melted afterward. I'll be working out inside today for sure on my downstairs treadmill. I had heat stroke once after playing golf in Hawaii, and I never want to have that again! Lois, my weather app says Phoenix will be 115 for a high today. I know you're in a suburb of Phoenix, so hopefully a little lower temp where you are. And, a pool day?

I've been doing pretty well this week with logging food and staying in a deficit. I've really concentrated on water intake. Got in workouts other than on Tuesday and yesterday. I'll be back to report weight Wednesday.