Anyone doing clean keto?

Options
KetoGammie
KetoGammie Posts: 20 Member
What I mean by that is you don’t drink diet shakes and diet bars and even low carb breads and bagels. You eat stuff like a salad every day, with chicken on it or a nice big steak. You can have a spoonful of peanut butter that just has peanuts and salt in it. You can have a whole bunch of spinach or cheese or butter, but you don’t eat processed foods? I’m trying this and it’s been three days and I actually feel pretty good. I don’t know if it’s physical or if it’s just emotional knowing I’m not putting all that processed junk in my body.

Replies

• tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I did that in the beginning of my low carb journey but it was difficult for me to maintain. I suppose it depends on where you live, availability of fresh produce and cost. These days I do it now and then as a way to cleanse after camping for example.
  • KetoGammie
    Options
    Thanks! It’s still going good so far. Cravings crazy low. Having a hard time even hitting 1,000 calories a day.
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My health really improved when I stopped eating all that stuff. I finally went carnivore which is as “clean” as you can get and that’s what got me back to full health. I still have some minor issues I’m working on but I’m convinced that those foods were contributing to making me sick.

Not everyone has to be as strict as me obviously. Most people seem to be doing fine eating the keto breads etc but I personally think everyone would benefit from eating more natural foods.
  • KetoGammie
    Options
    Yeah, my tummy issues cleared up! And joint pain is less too. I can take steps two at a time now via one (both feet) before. I still have a rash and I don’t know if it’s stress related or diet related but I just don’t wanna give up dairy to find out. 😨
  • pdavis62
    pdavis62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So this is my first day of deciding what type of diet to start. You always want one you feel you can succeed in. So this, I think I can do because over the past year and a half I've had inflammation of my tongue. After many different doctors and tests no answer has been found. But I've tried many things to try and figure it out. I've gone gluten free and did not switch over from regular bread to gluten free and stopped eating pasta all together. So 2 big carb items I no longer eat and are off my diet. So that's a big start. Then I started eating organic foods, so clean eating is where I'm at now. No fruits either, really causes pain and inflammation of my tongue. So what I need to do is to learn to love exercise, mmm, not so much ever in my life. I'm looking forward to starting this journey with everyone.
  • KetoGammie
    Options
    Totally agree! Exercise is always harder for me than controlling what I eat. I started all with a modest number of steps to hit each day. Most times I hit it and sometimes I double it, but I always walk more with the goal set. “Gotta hit my steps”. My next goal is weights.