September Challenge

Options
Hello group!

I apologize for not getting this group started sooner. It's been a busy few days for me.

Once again Natalie and I will be moderating this group. Same rules as before. BE CONSISTENT!! Track your starting weight and your final weight on September 30th. The person with the highest percentage of weight loss will receive a small gift :smile:

This group has been created to help keep each other accountable. In order to do that we ask that you check in at least once a week, by Sunday, to let us know you are still with us. Feel free to post topics of your own. Ask questions or offer advice.

The key to any weight loss challenge is motivation and accountability.

Happy logging friends :)

--Valerie & Natalie

P.S. in addition to my workouts I am doing the AB Challenge and Squat challenge. You can find both by simply googling the challenge names. Add one or both to your regimen and see your body change as you get stronger.

Replies

• missioninprogress
    Options
    Hi. My name is Gina and I am new to the group. I was wondering which squat challenge you are doing? I was doing a 30 day challenge, but it seemed like a lot of squats and I questioned if it was too hard on a persons knees. Any trouble? I would love to start the ab and squat challenge also. :happy: Thanks
  • junoja
    junoja Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I am new to the group as well. I am just refocusing on weight loss. I am doing DDP Yoga and trying to follow a gluten-free/paleo diet. Look forward to getting to know everyone.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    good morning all!!! i'm joining this challenge, i need to be accountable. I started a 30 day plank challenge, 20 seconds today, but its supposed to get to 5 minutes by the end of it all.

My goal is to run at least 3 times a week.

Carbs are my enemy. They lure me in with their sweetness and bedevil me on the scale. 188.2 today.
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I need a kickstart after the holiday weekend. Hoping to hit my goal weight by the end of the month. I am either really neurotic about logging or really neurotic when I allow myself a cheat day, lol. I need to find a happy medium. Also looking for new excercises that are not hard on the knees.
  • SLKMERC
    SLKMERC Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey I new to this group. I so need something like this! Today I weigh in at 196.5lbs. I aim to run 3 times a week and zumba once a week! Weekends are my downfall!
  • lcountry
    Options
    Hi there! I was on MFP previously and was doing pretty well, then fell off the wagon. After REALLY looking at myself, I'm back and have a goal weight of 137. For now, at 217, I'm a long way from my goal. Especially because I'm so far from my goal, I need the accountability and also the smaller increments - like a monthly challenge - because 80 pounds sounds almost insurmountable.

I'm going to start with walking, but ultimately I'd love to be running with my german shepherd girls for all of our health!
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm new to the group as well. Joined on account of my pal SLKMERC.

My weigh in is 203 lbs. My goal for this month is to get below 200 lbs and bike 180km throughout the month. I am an avid cyclist but just recovering from an injury so slowly working myself back up.
  • tammey18
    tammey18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to the group. My name is Tammey. I am looking for some support from others to keep myself going. I think I am in the right frame of mind to stay on the diet but still need the support. I really do not want to diet as much as just check my lifestyle. Not so much junk food and eat whole foods. Any help would be great! Thanks Tammey
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,420 Member
    Options
    Yet-another-New-to-this-group.

Accountablility is what I need big-Time (I don't like letting other people down - but am more supportive of others than I am of myself)

After my sister died in mid March this year - things went south big time. I regained all of the 15 pounds I had initially shed on MFP, little exercise / careless eating etc.

I feel like I am finally "waking up" out of a fog again. My goal for Sept will be to get into logging food again, and getting a routine of pre-planning and pre-packing breakfasts / lunches for work .... both of which have never been strong points for me.

But as a 5'3" mid-50's female weighing ~177, I am long past the age where I can "eat anything and expect to exercise it off" .... even when I am more consistent about exercising than I have been the past 6 mos!

5 pounds in one month seems reasonable while re-tooling. More than that would be unrealistic until eating is good / exercise is MUCH harder ... if ever .... so will make NSV my bigger focus for now.

Where do I find the Ab Challenge and the Plank Challenge? (I have great leg / cardio endurance, but my upper body always proportiionally much weaker and right now my tummy is fluffy. Maybe I will save the Push Up challenge until next month, when I hopefully have less to push up .... ) Hubby would say "Just do the cardio and burn the fat for now" but it is never that simple is it? The metabolic system is just too darned efficient, and gets used to what you do without changing tooo darn quickly.
  • destinedfitness
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am fairly new to MFP and am looking forward to working hard with all of you to shed the unwanted weight. I am starting at 114 lbs and the aim is to get below 110 by the end of September. My exercise plan is to workout for five days a week, with any three days being 30 Day Shred. The other days I will try elliptical and running. I will eat at 1200 calories and incorporate 70% of that as vegetables, fruit, yoghurt and protein powder. I might do the squat challenge and the AB challenge depending on how I feel after each day's exercise.
  • tpooh
    Options
    Hi...I am joining this group in order to HELP myself remain motivated. I have been on this journey since Jan 2013 and have lost about 41lbs. I am currently working out 4 times a week. My calorie intake is between 1200-1500 per day. Starting weight for Sept 3, 2013 is 182 lbs. GOAL IS 175 by Sept 30, 2013. LET'S GO!!!!!!!
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am looking forward to starting this challenge.I have hit a plateau and I am really ready to get this weight moving again.I have lost 32 pounds since Jan.of this year.I Currently weigh 160..My goal is 130-135..depends on how I feel at 135..My goal is to lose 5 pounds for the month of Sept. I wish all of you the best of luck !! :wink:
  • valerie91711
    Options
    Hi. My name is Gina and I am new to the group. I was wondering which squat challenge you are doing? I was doing a 30 day challenge, but it seemed like a lot of squats and I questioned if it was too hard on a persons knees. Any trouble? I would love to start the ab and squat challenge also. :happy: Thanks

WELCOME GINA!! I am do the 30 day squat challenge. Day 1 was 50 squats, day 2 was 55 and today is 60. I had ACL surgery back in 2001 so I'm not a fan of exercises that put a lot of pressure on my knees. The great thing about squats is you can go down as far as you feel comfortable. Another good alternative to squats is wall sits, again go as low as you can then come back up.
  • valerie91711
    Options
    Good morning. I am new to the group as well. I am just refocusing on weight loss. I am doing DDP Yoga and trying to follow a gluten-free/paleo diet. Look forward to getting to know everyone.

WELCOME! Feel free to share some recipes for favorite foods. I have a moderate intolerance to gluten so I try my best to stay away (it makes my insides happy)
  • valerie91711
    Options
    good morning all!!! i'm joining this challenge, i need to be accountable. I started a 30 day plank challenge, 20 seconds today, but its supposed to get to 5 minutes by the end of it all.

My goal is to run at least 3 times a week.

Carbs are my enemy. They lure me in with their sweetness and bedevil me on the scale. 188.2 today.

WELCOME! The ab challenge I am doing has be do planks as well as sit-ups, crunches, and leg raises. By the end I will be doing a 2 minute plank. Seems unreasonable now, but I know if I stick with it I can do it! Are you an experienced runner? I'm also using the C25k (couch to 5k) app and I really like it. It's great for a beginner like me!
  • valerie91711
    Options
    I need a kickstart after the holiday weekend. Hoping to hit my goal weight by the end of the month. I am either really neurotic about logging or really neurotic when I allow myself a cheat day, lol. I need to find a happy medium. Also looking for new excercises that are not hard on the knees.

WELCOME! Congrats on almost being at your goal! How much more do you want to lose? Cheat days are important to give in to every now and then, just be sure to log it! What type of exercises do you enjoy?
  • valerie91711
    Options
    Hey I new to this group. I so need something like this! Today I weigh in at 196.5lbs. I aim to run 3 times a week and zumba once a week! Weekends are my downfall!

WELCOME! Weekends are usually my downfall too. I get lazy and don't make my morning shake. Instead I'll allow my hubby to cook me something, usually french toast or pancakes....so bad!! Zumba is so much fun. I need to get back to that class!
  • valerie91711
    Options
    Hi there! I was on MFP previously and was doing pretty well, then fell off the wagon. After REALLY looking at myself, I'm back and have a goal weight of 137. For now, at 217, I'm a long way from my goal. Especially because I'm so far from my goal, I need the accountability and also the smaller increments - like a monthly challenge - because 80 pounds sounds almost insurmountable.

I'm going to start with walking, but ultimately I'd love to be running with my german shepherd girls for all of our health!

WELCOME! I have an ultimate goal of being 165, I'm 250 right now so I completely understand where you are coming from. Small, attainable goals are the way to go. Together we CAN do this!
  • valerie91711
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm new to the group as well. Joined on account of my pal SLKMERC.

My weigh in is 203 lbs. My goal for this month is to get below 200 lbs and bike 180km throughout the month. I am an avid cyclist but just recovering from an injury so slowly working myself back up.

WELCOME! WOW that is a lot of miles on a bike! My husband and I like to leisurely ride on the weekends. Good luck and keep us posted!!
  • PlushToFit
    Options
    Hi I am new to the group from CT and I need this for accountability!!! I am VERY bad at logging and I just put a note on my pc and reminders in my phone so I don't forget to log on daily!!! I sooooo can't wait to meet new people... Happy logging ;)