Positive Vibes Daily Thread

Options
chris_in_cal
chris_in_cal Posts: 2,184 Member
Our esteemed founder wrote:
I think it's really important to try and have a positive outlook on life, there are times in the past when I have let negative vibes overwhelm me and ruin my day, something which I try to avoid doing now, so feel free to join me in letting other's know what you are grateful for today, if something good happened or just something generally positive. Even if you have had a rubbish day, or something is bothering you, let's see if you can put a positive spin on it.

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    Options
    I had family come to my house and visit last night. I was very anxious. It turned out well.
    This morning I woke up with a clean house and sense of gratitude that it all worked out.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I made a 'Food Diary" logging commitment today. It inspires me.

This week I'm going to complete at least five daily food diaries, and click the 'completed' button by end of day.....

(call me out please if you don't see it.)
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I had a really nice evening :) I did some painting while listening to Warren Zevon and danced a little while I cleaned up my brushes. I also did some yoga, which helped me feel nice and cozy before bed.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I moved to a new place in February and I planted two bushes, and a little cypress tree. The bushes are thriving. The cypress tree seems to have come back from the edge, and now looks green and a little more healthy.

Since saying out load that I'm going to log my food in MFP, it really has become real and exciting. My weight has been flat for months.

I've always said, and I believe, that when I'm logging daily I will move toward a more healthy weight. That's what I want, and now it feels like it's happening.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I've done some exercise for four days in a row. I plan for getting out today after work too.

Usually 1 or 2 days, then a day off is my plan. This is a little scheduling aberration.

I'm feeling grateful I can even do that.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    The heat broke a little, and it helped me sleep a lot better. A good start to the day.
  • chris_in_cal
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Last day of the work week. My boss has been out on vacation for two weeks. It's been a quiet and productive time. Have a good weekend.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I was sore from exercising yesterday. With my light Saturday schedule I was able to shut off all my alarms, luckily the neighborhood was quiet, and I got an extra hour of sleep. It felt great.
  • suejo2144
    suejo2144 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm on holiday for 12 days :) . Though I will miss the calorie burn/ miles from my long shifts. I still get to walk the dog. We do some miles.....my target this year is to walk 2000 miles by the end of the year
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    So happy to hear of people going out on Holiday.

I logged back in to MFP this year for the first time since covid. It has been half a year of slowly slowly coming around. This last week was finally a good one, and the scale rewarded me. Feels good.
  • suejo2144
    suejo2144 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Not on holiday as in away just not at work .....yippee
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I'm usually a night owl, this year I've been working on improving my sleep. I got to bed before 11:00 last night. That's a win.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I'm flying this weekend. A very quick turnaround to celebrate a friend's birthday. I'm getting excited.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I have a silly requirement that I go work in the office a minimum number of days per pay period.
    I work less hours, and I miss the landscapers the come with all their machines on Thursdays. So, it is a bit of a break.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Of course, FRIDAY. I'm going to wrap up a project at work today, and set myself up for a good weekend.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I'm going to get to spend the weekends with friends for a big birthday. I'll have a small journey, and hopefully a big adventure. I'll be back Monday.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    The sun is rising a bit later in the morning now. Good sleep season is on the way.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    It's a positive vibe seeing all of us post and make this group happen. <3
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    It's a positive vibe seeing all of us post and make this group happen. <3

That's a very positive vibe ^_^

My positive vibe today was that I went for a walk. There were lots of roses blooming and the weather was perfect. I'm thinking seriously about sitting out on my patio and enjoying some more sunshine.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I could be way way way out over my skis on this one.

I've been obsessively tracking my student loan forgiveness application. Today with no warning, and no actual notice, the Student Loan company web page said I have a zero balance.