121 lbs (down from 260 lbs) but still have fat brain!

Options
marfar7
marfar7 Posts: 6 Member
edited July 2023 in Social Groups
I've had 3 WLS's since 209! Lapband (slipped in 2013 so I had it revised to sleeve. It caused AWFUL reflux. Had it revised to bypass in 2018 in 2018 at 145 lbs. Got to goal, 132. Mar of 2022, I had emergency surgery and they took my colon and I almost died, was on a vent for 12 days and in the hospital for 4 weeks. I got down to 99 lbs and was in the the hospital 3 times last summer. I gained an ileostomy bag (a poop bag hanging from my stomach). Big lifestyle and diet change (low fiber, no fresh veggie, no fresh fruit). I needed to gain and actively tried and it took 16 months to gained 11 lbs but I did and ate ALOT. EVERYTHING. It was nice not to worry about counting anything - about dieting, about gaining, about thinking about "fat brain". I got on the scale everyday and I never gained. I was 108-110. I was golden. Until I had my reversal surgery 2 weeks ago.

I had my small intestines reattached to my rectum so I can poop normally again. My surgeon assured me I wouldn't gain weight, as I have no colon + I have a gastric bypass + a gastric sleeve. The trifecta. I ALWAYS gain weight while in the hospital from the IV fluids and then lose them within a week or so. Last summer, I gained 14 lbs in the 5 days I was there, lost them in 10 days. I was in the hospital for 4 days this time and gained 11 lbs. I've been home for 2 weeks now and have lost NOTHING. Not 1 stinking lb. So now I'm getting scared. I KNOW that 121 is a perfectly healthy weight. I WANTED to weigh about 125-130. I'm 5'5". But to gain THAT much in 4 days, and for it to go right into my middle (none of my shorts fit me), scares me. I know I'm probly freaking out over nothing. I'm scared that maybe it's not JUST water weight, maybe I'm actually gaining actual weight! WTH? Fat Brain kicking in.

I emailed my RD to make a video appt (I go thru the VA for most of my healthcare so they do most of my stuff thru video). I understand I'm being stupid right now. I understand I JUST had major surgery 2 weeks ago and I'm still healing. I understand it takes time to heal and rid my body of the crap. I understand all of this. I guess I just need to hear this from someone else? OMG - FAT BRAIN SHUT UP!