Staying strong during special events during Whole 30

Options
So i'm on day 3 of my Whole 30 and i'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how to stay strong during special events. I have a couple coming up and luckily for 1 (Work team celebration for a project launch) my boss is semi paleo so has chosen a restaurant that caters. I also have a friends homecoming from Sweden and alcohol will be flowing (am actually giving up booze until Christmas),

Any tips and tricks?

Replies

• runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Booze, easy just drive everywhere. That way you can't indulge.

Bring nice tea bags and maybe some snack packs for when you won't get something suitable. For me, nice tea or a nice coffee makes me feel special.

Otherwise, just best of luck. It's hard, I've just started and my motto is just to make everything myself. Last time I tried to do the whole30, I slipped where I forgot peanuts and had some satay chicken - just not thinking. There were other options, but making a choice on the fly, I forgot all the 'rules'. I wouldn't mind, I don't even eat peanuts much/ever, just thought the satay looked nice!
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I tried to plan my whole30 around any said events but something always pops up. I was on about day 20 when I meet up with a large group at a restaurant for a going away party. EVERYONE was drinking and someone even brought in one of my favs and I held strong. I drank a TON of water - same effect as drinking beer - I was in the bathroom half the night :) I was really proud of myself after that and I made my conviction even stronger.

Make sure you eat a large, filling meal before you go. Drink lots of water or try a club soda with lime juice on the rocks.

Good luck to you :)