July - December Goals and Chat

Options
puffbrat
puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
Hi everyone!!! If anyone is still around.

I can't remember the last time I checked in. I had twins October 2022, a boy (Jack) and girl (Penny). Penny is doing awesome. Jack is mostly doing well now but he doesn't eat anything by mouth. He has a feeding tube and lots of therapy to help with the eating as well as recover from and deal with the delays associated with his 8-week NICU stay. Between that and our oldest recently fighting about food and not gaining much weight, my own thoughts and relationship around food is very...strange right now.

I gained 36lbs. this pregnancy which was just 1 over the range my doctor gave me. I lost all of the weight but have been bouncing from that weight to +5lbs. for the last few months. I have been so exhausted and stressed that the thought of trying to lose weight much less logging or exercising has been beyond me. I have started making some effort as of last week.

Right now I am a size 18 at ~208 lbs. I would really like to be back down to a 14 or even 12 by late May 2024 for my brother-in-law's wedding.

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @puffbrat Congratulations on the twins!

I can't imagine trying to focus on that with everything going on. Please be gentle with yourself. Life is hectic enough without adding more to your to do list. Just do what you can when you can. It all counts. <3
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    edited January 24
    Options
    @puffbrat wow! Congrats on the twins! How are things going now that they're a bit older?

I've actually just had a set if twins too haha. Reid and Dawn born on Jan 12. These are our last kids, my husband had a vasectomy during my pregnancy. My twins were born at 38+3. Dawn has a tongue tie and stopped pooping on day 6 so we are trying to figure out what's going on there. We've been mostly topping her up and stuff, she's very well hydrated and seems mostly comfortable.

I've lost my pregnancy weight too (I had a lot of trouble gaining during this pregnancy, gained only 23lb and worried the whole time I was starving my twins) but the pregnancy ate up all my muscle mass. I'm quite jiggly everywhere lol. My butt and thighs are just GONE. Just skin left. I'll need to do some serious PFT so I can try to build back the muscle. But all of that is a problem to deal with months down the road.