Living The Lifestyle Thursday Late edition or early Friday 8/17/23

Options
imastar2
imastar2 Posts: 5,944 Member
edited August 2023 in Social Groups
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub(Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Traveling and eating for short day trips long trips. What's generally your plan on the road. Even for just a day trip. Do you try to take healthy snacks? Do you try to do at fast food places ( most aren't healthy or don't have too many healthy choices) Do you plan the time to eat at restuarants ?

Replies

• crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I generally stay at hotels with breakfast buffets, so I’m able to replicate my normal protein and fiber breakfast.

Subways 6” Turkey sub is six points. I can get a salad with chicken most places. Panera has some healthy options. Dennys has breakfast all day, which lets me get eggs.

Bottom line for me? I can do as well as I choose to when traveling. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,195 Member
    Options
    Whether driving or flying, I try to pack a few healthy snacks. I accept eating out as part of travel. I just try to be conscientious.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    Bring snacks. Haven’t been in awhile but McDs was doing Egg McMuffin anytime. But lately I try to find a Chik-Fil-A. They have a decent grilled wrap. Skip the fries.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,944 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I generally have trouble in this area simply because of the driving. I tend to eat on the run. Most of the time it's drive through and eat in the parking lot. Not the best choice by any means.