August 23 - 29

Lastchancelj
Lastchancelj Posts: 1,340 Member

WOW. Well I wasn't expecting that number since I had Chinese last night and we know what the sodium can do to us. I've been struggling to follow the program, but I am pushing to adhere to it. I just can't seem to survive on just their 5 "fuelings" and one meal - even tho I do split it in two. I'm addicted to baby bell cheese and almonds. I find myself exceeding the two cheeses/20 almonds per day to 3 and 25+. Yes, I count them out. I put out the 20 in a bowl in the am and I find myself adding to them later in the day. I finish eating everything by 630 tho and don't eat again until after 7am. Also yesterday, I finished off half of a small DQ blizzard that hubby bought me a couple of weeks ago. Just had an hankering for something sweet. Of course, that was too much and I had a bell ache. Has nothing to do with the program, my belly just can't handle too much of the sweet stuff at one time. I can graze on it all day just not in one sitting. I haven't tested as intolerant to anything but that's how it has always been.

Anyhow, my goal is to hit the mall after work this afternoon and get in at least 2 miles. It's so boring and it takes about an hour. The mornings are cooler - but still so dang muggy as we are in our rainy season. The cars also look atrocious (another reason I dislike new cars - you worry about how they look and solid black and dark gray and are not rain spot friendly). Haha. I have PT tomorrow for strengthening and scraping the scar tissue. Super busy with work as we're preparing to launch the new software and attempting to get the ducks in a row and not knowing what we don't know what we're missing.

Sarah I hope hubby is feeling better. And that accident - UGH. I dislike bipeds that wear black on black on black at night and are surprised vehicles don't see them. I had bikers last night as I came back from my hair appointment cross my street - thank goodness something on their wheel caught my attention. 830 pm - no lights on the bikes and all in black!!! I feel for ya. Thank goodness no one was hurt. And anxiety - I'm there with ya and feeling for you. I pray your "3" is complete.

Sheesh - I keep thinking of you and your trainer. I want to get back to training, but with work and just trying to get the "steps/mileage" in and PT needing to scrape a
and work out the scar tissue (this was part of my ortho's original fear was too much scar tissue and I can't let that win). I think realistically that I'm going to wait until after Thanksgiving to even worry about adding that back onto my plate. I'm not hosting Christmas this year, so I won't have the same level of holiday tension in December and can focus a bit on me. I have not yet been released for the treadmill either. I shall live vicariously through you on the training....Tho my PT has added some other exercises that could qualify as training - more upper body pulling/holding to strengthen core and my achilles. He's doing what he can to help as well.

Ok back to work...

Replies

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,127 Member
    LW: 133.8
    TW: 133.2

Finally a pretty good reduction (for me). I have to be quick today . . my busy day.

Lois, congratulations on another reduction. The plan seems to be working for you even with the extra almonds, lol. And, I'm sure your PT will work well, and you'll be "training" again before you know it. In the meantime your reduction is going well. As we've said before, training doesn't contribute much to weight loss at all. That seems to be all about intake.

Sorry to run off, but it's my busy day. Just wanted to get my weigh-in posted.
  • wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 689 Member
    Great reduction, ladies! I haven't stepped on a scale in a while, and to be honest, I'm a bit afraid. It is what it is, but I'll eventually just have to do it. I already know I'm back in the 150's, cause I can tell from how my pants fit.

So the cabin was a no go. It was in a very tight location, almost like an RV park and that's not what we're looking for at all. The chances of building or selling the other lot are slim and the people who owned the cabin smoked, so that's a huge turn off. The big part is the amount of taxes/lease we'd pay. Didn't get a good feeling, so we're moving on from that one. We found another one we like that's for sale on owned land. It's more money but provides more security and the taxes aren't nearly as much. Shawn and I are both on vacation next week, so we'll go look at it then.

• Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,340 Member
    Kelly - your cabin sounds exciting. I hope you find something that works for your family.

Sheesh - Great reduction!! Keep at it. And I do understand that the weight reduction is tied more to what we're eating than working out. I just find myself more mindful when I am working out to steer in a better direction. And once I get into that groove, past the initial starvation from the increase of activity, I believe I was not quite as hungry as I often feel now - even before this program. It's a big play to my mindset. But I'm working on it...every hour...lol.

I got tied up on a lengthy phone call and didn't get off work until late. Then I didn't want to drive to the mall. It was 98 and 38% humidity, so I walked the one mile route through my community before shutting down for the night. I stopped at the house at one mile for some water (left it outside so I wouldn't be tempted to stay inside - it didn't matter - I called it. I couldn't get myself to go again. A mile is better than no mile and the humidity - STUNK! Off to PT soon. Then work work work.

I can't wait to get this new software launched and my work world back under control. I'm getting snippy with hubby when he comes into my office . Yes, I'm working and he knows it - but he doesn't like that I'm not attentive or I respond in a snippy reaction and he gets upset...then we're both upset. This is a different kind of stress and I dislike it very much.
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,971 Member
    Hi, everyone. We got back in town yesterday afternoon and I finally got a chance to log in today. For the first time, I did not take a computer with me and I don't access MFP on my cell phone. I suppose I should set that up at some point. So I did not log food for a week (we left around lunchtime last Sunday, spent the night in Lynchburg, VA and arrived at my sister's house on Monday afternoon). We headed back on Friday morning, spent the night in Charlottesville, VA and arrived back home yesterday afternoon. But it feels like I've been gone far longer. It was so nice to log in here today and read your posts.

I was a bit afraid to get on the scale this morning after a week of mostly eating out. My sister cannot cook now because of her disability and my BIL is hopeless in a kitchen. We cooked one night, but it's hard for us to cook because they do not have even the basics in that kitchen anymore. So I was relieved to see 129.6 even though my intake and activity were way off normal. It was extremely hot and humid down there. We walked two mornings and one evening, but the first morning walk was a short one because it was already close to 90 with high humidity and no air stirring. I did walk on the TM once at each hotel.

Lois, I was very glad to see your posts. I knew your work was very busy and was hoping that was the reason you had not been posting. I hope the new system works well and that your workload decreases a bit. I can so remember those times when I just wanted my hubby to leave me alone and let me work so I could just move through some unusual spot. And yeah for you for walking a mile on that foot and in that heat. You have better days coming when that injury finally fully heals.

Sheesh, congrats on that loss. Wednesdays are busy for you, I know. We used to weigh in on Tuesdays, but then pushed it to Wednesdays for some reason I cannot now remember. We can always go back to Tuesday or push forward to Thursday or just have each of us log weight on whatever day of the week works best for us. I suspect none of us want Monday because of the weekend!

Kelly, it's great that your family is now in a position to consider buying a cabin. Hopefully this second place will be more what you're looking for. I'm glad to hear that Shawn's tooth is doing better. And I remember those antibiotics they give you when doing major dental work. They always play havoc with my belly!

Well, it's time to get rolling. I unpacked yesterday, but hubby is just doing it now and coming in the office every few minutes to ask me something or show me something! Before I forget, after we got home yesterday, I got news from two friends that reminded me to be grateful for living just an ordinary day (all-be-it with my still nagging low-level anxiety). One friend who is divorced got a call from her grown daughter because she could not get in touch with her dad. My friend went with her daughter to her ex's house where they found him dead. I believe a heart attack, although he's only mid-50's. So taking care of everything suddenly landed in her lap. Then another friend who relocated to FL a year or so ago to help care for her father was up with her husband visiting friends and family here and her husband had a heart attack and is scheduled for open heart surgery over at Johns Hopkins on Tuesday. So it sure makes me grateful that my own concerns are very minor in comparison at this moment.