Keto macro ratio

Options
Hello, I am looking into doing keto. Could anyone tell me what the best macro ratio for keto is? TIA

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,509 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am looking into doing keto. Could anyone tell me what the best macro ratio for keto is? TIA

I am a keto'er... my macros are 5% carbs.. 20% protein and 75% fat
  • Rachel51086
    Rachel51086 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I am so scared to have my fat that high! But I know it works, so I will try that. Thanks so much for responding
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

I am so scared to have my fat that high! But I know it works, so I will try that. Thanks so much for responding

You're so welcome ...You can start lower on the fat if you want and work your way up ... you just want it to add up to 100
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I do similar-- 5% carbs, 70% fat, 25% protein.

I was scared to do that much fat too when I first started LC, I did mostly protein & about 20% carb.

But finally I watched a bunch of drs on YouTube busting the myth of fat being dangerous, talking about the faulty science that led to the low-fat craze, talking about the benefits of high fat (esp. for women), and I gave in... that is legit when the final pieces fell into place for me.

Dr. Ken Berry, Dr. Boz, and Dr. Bret Schraer (aka Diet Doctor) really put my mind at ease on the topics of fat & cholesterol, heart disease, etc. Might wanna check them out if you're worried.
  • Rachel51086
    Options

I was scared to do that much fat too when I first started LC, I did mostly protein & about 20% carb.

But finally I watched a bunch of drs on YouTube busting the myth of fat being dangerous, talking about the faulty science that led to the low-fat craze, talking about the benefits of high fat (esp. for women), and I gave in... that is legit when the final pieces fell into place for me.

Dr. Ken Berry, Dr. Boz, and Dr. Bret Schraer (aka Diet Doctor) really put my mind at ease on the topics of fat & cholesterol, heart disease, etc. Might wanna check them out if you're worried.

Thank you so much! I definitely will check them out.

• Rachel51086
    Options

You're so welcome ...You can start lower on the fat if you want and work your way up ... you just want it to add up to 100

Today is my first day, I have my macros set and I'm doin it! 😀
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Today is my first day, I have my macros set and I'm doin it! 😀

You got this :)

• MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options

Thank you so much! I definitely will check them out.

You're very welcome!

• Pam_in_Colorado
    Pam_in_Colorado Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do 10% carbs, 50% fat, 40% protein. I think it's important to get enough protein (and adequate fat.) I feel so much better since I upped the protein...
  • prodigal6766
    prodigal6766 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    :# I do 5% carbs, 50% fat and 45% protein. Except for last nite.
  • dennis3031
    dennis3031 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I’ve found healthy keto is best I measure my macros by weighing & measuring
    What works well for me if I’m looking to loose weight is an eating window of 18 & 6 carbs under 80 grams & protein can be higher - but I check with keto sticks and experiment I wish you the best with your journey