September rain should fall somewhere else

Options
Antiopelle
Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
Can you believe it? September already. This year is flying by !
I was inspired for the title, as here it is raining... again !! We had the wettest summer since recordings began. :cry:

Here are my new goals for this month:

* from 72 kg to 71. So close to goal, yet so far away
* 2 dives and 2 gym sessions per week
* 80k steps / week
* Bike as much as I can
* And be more focused at work; I seem to procrastinate more than usual, I need to snap out of it and get the icky tasks from my todo list

Replies

• Kitri2020
    Kitri2020 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @Antiopelle we need the rain here! The heat has been frying all the grass around here. Great goals!

For September, my goals are to:
    -Lose at least 5lbs
    -go to the gym 2-3 times a week
  • Agefyter18
    Agefyter18 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lose 5 lbs!
    Exercise 5x week
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    @Kitri2020: I'll send you some soft summer rains if I could :smile:

As for my stats of last week:
    • 2 gym sessions and 2 dives
    • 71k steps - I'm getting back on track
    • Some biking but not much

This week will be difficult to get my goals done as I have to attend a 3 day meeting (Wednesday to Friday) off site. I'll try to go to the gym on Tuesday and Friday evening after the meeting. Hopefully I'll be able to get some steps in as well...
    Have a great week ladies !
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    5’4” 47 y/o

9/4: 139.4

Got my run done today. I appreciate the momentum, but it’s annoying that I’ve only graduated from super slow to moderately slow. It takes me roughly an hour to do 5K. I’m working on increasing my speed this month.

My diet has been decent but my husband will be traveling for a few weeks this month and that will give me the opportunities to dial it in.
  • Kitri2020
    Options
    I weighed in at 171 last monday from my previous 170 but im not worried. I had a fun weekend and splurged on drinks and a desert. I was able to pull myself back to my previous eating habits and feel great. Ive been the gym already twice this week.

@Cora0477 My husband is also out of town haha and thats exactly what happens when im by myself. I lose the opportunity and temptation of eating out with him which is where i tend to eat way too much.

I dont know about yall, but i have a really hard time not finishing my food at a restaurant. Its definitely a mental thing. Like i feel wasteful or ungrateful or something.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Hi all - can't lie, I completely fell off the bandwagon the past couple months. Puppy was keeping me on my toes, and I've had a lot of other big things that were rather sudden (like I'm in underwriting on a house right now :# ), and then my day job started to change their policies to start a slow-burn RTO (which I'm not okay with, so now having to apply like crazy).
    Puppy will be 6 months old here soon, and is more like a bratty dog than a puppy (teen stage is starting - ugh), but that means we can get out and do more and I can leave a little longer - all the things that make life a slight bit more normal again. Plus he can (and needs to) go for longer workouts (walks, hikes, etc) so my excuses are no longer valid.
    9/6/23: 156 (yes, I lost all my progress and then some...)
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    No worries @HoneyBadger302 - you’ll get your mojo back for sure.

And what’s with the hubbies! When mine is away I also am able to dial in my eating!

Been stress eating the last couple of days so eager to get back on track - ASAP!!
  • nightheronz
    nightheronz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Happy September everyone! Got off track again after hitting my lowest adult weight in June and am now back on track again as of Aug 28.
    31, 5'5"
    SW (2012): 148
    CW: 115.4
    Waist: 25.3
    Waist (at navel): 27.5
    Hip: 37

I'm extremely close to my goal, I really don't need to lose more weight but I want to lose a little more fat and gain some muscle. But I have to be so mindful about it or I just gain it all back so quickly. Working on building small habits and more sustainable, long-term thinking...
  • Cora0477
    Options
    5’4” 47 y/o

9/04: 139.4
    9/11: 138.6

I haven’t been feeling well so I only got two and a half-ish runs done last week and no strength training. I did finish my running pacer program last week so I started it over today with a faster speed. Now that I have momentum on my runs, I REALLY want to get the momentum on strength training.

@Kitri2020 and @CeeBeeSlim I don’t have the extra food temptation when he’s gone, but also his erratic schedule and sleep habits when he’s here contribute to my being tired/hungry and then making less good choices. But I can’t blame him for all of it because he’s already gone and I stayed up till 1am last night binge watching a show. Now I’ve got two weeks with no one to blame but myself, so here we go!

• Kitri2020
    Options
    Checking in for the week:

Weighed in at just under 170lbs
    Went to the gym 1x
    Had some dairy

For this week my goals are to drink at least 48oz of water, and get to the gym at least 3 times
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    Uh-oh... last week was terrible food wise. My plan to stick to healthy went straight out the window as soon as I hit the hotel our meeting was taking place. They had incredible delicious food: breakfast, snacks, lunch, snacks and more snacks and late dinner. Urgh ... Luckily, I was able to get a load of steps in, as we were staying in a medieval castle and my room was just under the tower, the breakfast room was in the cellars, the meeting room at the other side of the domain and lunch in the garden rooms. So yeah, loads of steps! Then once home on Friday evening, I was too tired to even care and the weekend was great but also calorie heavy. So, I'm back on track since yesterday when I went to work by bike and broke my speed record in the morning, yay !! :blush:

As for my stats of last week:
    0 gym sessions and 1 dive on Sunday
    80k steps
    67 km on my bike, I've passed the 1.000 km mark yesterday

Have a nice week everyone !
  • Cora0477
    Options
    5’4” 47 y/o

9/14: 137.2

I’m still not feeling great so today’s run was a slog, but I did it. And did strength training yesterday. And finally a woosh! I knew it was in there somewhere… thanks to Happy Scale for keeping me humble though. Still shows my average rate as less than .5lb/wk.
  • nightheronz
    nightheronz Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    It's going slowww. I've been trying to up my calories without overdoing it and giving up, which is always a difficult balancing act for me, especially during a stressful work week, but I was just so exhausted last week, and eating a bit more has helped. I've gained lb (probably am just less dehydrated?) but lost 0.5 in around my hips! So yay!
    31, 5'5"
    SW (2012): 148
    CW: 116.2 lbs (last week was 115.4)
    Waist: 25.3 (same)
    Waist (at navel): 27.5 (same)
    Hip: 36.5 (down 0.5!)
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    You think I will say no more ice cream and mean it tonight?!?! Bad hubby - all his fault - (that’s a lie but it makes me feel better!😂😂).

@Cora0477 hope you’re feeling better soon. Good for you that you’re continuing to do the best you can.

@Antiopelle - sounds like we had similar weeks. I hope - nope - plan - to be back on track today!

@nightheronz - I’m not sure if I’m recalling correctly from weeks ago but I think our stats WERE remarkably similar. I was 119 not too long ago so I’m giving you the virtual competitive evil eye! 115-117 is my goal weight range. And I was oh so close! I’m chasing you!! 🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️😂
  • Kitri2020
    Options
    I weighed in at 168lbs today! Down two more for a total of 17lbs. Ive been slacking at the gym, and eating out often while my friend is visiting. Its also my birthday so… i cant say no to an icecream cake. But despite these last few days (and sleep deprivation thanks to the little) i managed to stay on track weight wise.

This week, im going to prioritize the gym. At least 3times this week and 1-2runs with the stroller. Still working on the water since ive been pampering myself with cocktails and such. This week at least 48oz a day would be good.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Happy Birthday @Kitri2020! Yum! Ice cream cake!

Today was my the start of my “back on track” day. Stayed under calories, back doing strength training - Caroline Girvan - and minimum 10k steps per day! I was surprised at how well I did for having about two weeks off. Maybe my body needed it - felt a bit stronger and had more endurance.

And stopped pretending grapes have no calories. 😕
  • Kitri2020
    Options
    Thanks @CeeBeeSlim! Yeah, it feels like sometimes the body needs to catch up.

Is anybody interested in being added as a friend? I want to utilize the newsfeed portion of this app and for some reason the community groups are a trail of buttons to get to.
  • Cora0477
    Options
    5’4” 47 y/o

9/14: 137.2
    9/20: 136.6

It’s finally happening!

I wasn’t feeling well last week so I missed a day of strength training and was too busy for my run the next day. I did take an almost 4 hour hike in the mountains with my sister on Sunday. It wasn’t a difficult hike, but it was almost 4,000 ft higher in elevation (10,000 total), so that made up for it a bit.

I got my run in today and Monday, and strength training yesterday. I’m starting to recover from feeling crappy, so I think I can finish the week strong!
  • Kitri2020
    Options
    This last week I did pretty good. Im down to 166lbs from 168. I had two morning runs and 1 long gym session. I finally utilized my gyms cold plunge and sauna after my workout. I havnt met my water intake goal, only meeting 48oz on 2 out of 7 days.

This week:
    2 runs
    2 gym workouts
    40 oz of water
    Lose 1-2lbs
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Wow @Cora0477 - 4 hr hike?! 👏👏👏

Congrats on the loss @Kitri2020! I’m not sure what abyss I’ve done down, but I pulled myself up today. Sometimes the eldercare stress is an excuse to indulge (nightly Ben and Jerry’s, really?).

Head back in the game - hopefully it stays there! Not sure why - I do better with friendly competition and:or something “bigger” that forces me to be more disciplined - Lent, event. Ugh! I need to grab myself by the collar!!🤪