23 days to D-Day, need ideas to lose ten lbs in 22...

Options
Event #1: My 20th HS reunion. I'm comfortable with how I look now, but another ten would make me feel GREAT! (and get me out of "overweight range" completely as well as within five lbs of my final goal)

Event #2: An athletic competition where the competition uniforms are... better suited to those without love handles.

And though I'd like to lose ten lbs, I'm not sure it can be done this far into Atkins. Anybody have some Atkins-friendly ideas for losing .4 lbs / day, steadily?

Thanks!

Replies

• MelMelMiller
    Options
    You could probably do the Fat Fast once a week for 3 weeks or go off atkins for a few days then go back on & back into induction for two weeks. I lost 4.5lbs doing the Fat Fast for 3 days and Tim lost 6 in 3-5 days.
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Agree with Mememiller, there have been times when I do the Fat Fast 2 days per week in a one month run, takes dedication for sure, but can be done, depends on if you can stomach the fat fast each week for 4 weeks in a row
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice and support, I'm gearing up to give it a try!
  • abbyolurin1
    abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    What do you guys typically eat on your fat fast?
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    How does the fat fast work?
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    I did the Fat Fast this week Tues, Wed and Today. I also did it last week on Tues, Wed & Thurs so you can check out my food diary, its public.

I eat 5 200 calorie meals for 3 days in a row, I've never tried to go longer than that.

Below are samples of the mini meals I eat during the Fat Fast....
    8 ounces sliced mushrooms, •2 ½ tablespoons butter, •2 tablespoons Boursin cheese (this is two servings/not one)
    Sausage & Eggs -•1 ounce pork sausage & •1 egg cooked in pork grease
    1 ounce macadamia nuts
    1 ounce of tuna or chicken with 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
    2 ounces pâté
    4 slices cooked bacon -146 cal
    2 tbsp natural peanut butter & 1 large rib celery 7-1/2" -191cal
    1/2 ounce pork rinds, 1/4 cup sour cream & 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese -223cal
    2ounces cream cheese & 1large celery-204cal
    1/2ounce pork rinds w/2ounces sour cream -199cal
    2ounces sour cream & 1/2cup sliced cucumber -129cal
    2tbsp canned tuna in oil, 2tbsp mayo, 1tbsp celery -234cal
    2eggyokes, 1tbsp mayo, salt&pepper -217cal
    2tbsp sour cream, 1tsp sugar free peanut butter w/splenda -92cal
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for that! I can't wait to give it a try!
  • abbyolurin1
    Options
    THANKS! I just emailed that list to myself in the event I hit a bump.
  • timwhoa
    Options
    the Atkins Fat Fast works AWESOME!,, it never fails to result in 6-8 pounds of weight lose for me over a 3-4 day run, everytime I do it, it results in the same weight lose, its a jem in the weight lose pocket for sure
  • abbyolurin1
    Options
    Tim, do the pounds lost during the fast stay off? I'm really considering it.
  • timwhoa
    Options
    yes, the weight lost on the FAT FAST stay off, as long as you break the fat fast with protien, and go back to induction, eat some carbs at the end, and your put on water weight quickly, but the answer is yes they do
  • abbyolurin1
    Options
    Okay thanks! Good luck with your 4 day one you're about to embark on!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump!