Newbie to the group

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Samantha and I just started the induction phase of Atkins today...09/03/13. I am excited and also a little unsteady. I did the Atkins diet about 9 years ago and lost 20lbs but I did it in an unhealthy way and I am looking to do it right this time! I joined this group because it seems as though you all are knowledgeable and encouraging! I look forward to learning and making new friends!

Starting weight: 193.2
Goal weight: 150

Replies

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, it's great to see you here!

You've joined up with a great group who are very supportive and encouraging! Stick to your plans and you will succeed in no time at all! Again, welcome!
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Atkins group, tight knit around here,
  • PepperPotts83
    PepperPotts83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I look forward to losing these lbs with everyone!
  • jillg89
    jillg89 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Induction. I'm re-starting Day 1 today. I was successful and lost about 13 pounds in 2 months and the past month have enjoyed my summer a bit too much.

Back on track today for me.

Good luck... the best thing I remember is getting rid of the "cravings" and not feeling hungry. Once that kicks in, I felt like this was a very easy plan to follow.
  • abbyolurin1
    abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Atkins is definitely a good way to go. I have been doing an extended induction and have lost 23 pounds so far with exercise included. I have been consistent for two months now. Prior to that I was doing Atkins *sort of* I ate the protein but didn't keep a diary so my net carbs were not where they needed to be. Setting up the metrics in accordance with Atkins help you with monitoring :smile: