September 13 - 19

Lastchancelj
Lastchancelj Posts: 1,340 Member
LW 220.4
TW 218.8

Worked hard...really had to watch what I eat. Walked and watched and watched and was HUNGRY many times. Still on the plan...another order arrived today. Work is still insane - still waiting for the other department to finish their side before I can even begin to load and start our side. Still doing all of the little things I can to get ready. Going to my grandson's football game tomorrow night. I will eat my "program" before I head over to resist temptations.

Hoping everyone is having an awesome week.

Replies

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited September 2023
    LW: 133.2
    TW: 132.8

See what happens when I don't have hubby around to feed and snack with, lol. Just kidding, I miss him. He begins traveling back on Friday, stays in Seattle, flys home Saturday morning. Sarah, he got a LOT of salmon and a lot of sea bass, but no halibut :( For some reason none were willing to jump on the hook. They have to go out on a boat on the ocean to get those, so they might pay for one more try. They can get salmon on the river and on the ocean. It was a good year for fish, even though they had mostly drizzling days. I had gorgeous weather here the whole time. Did a lot of outdoor stuff :) Also, cleaned out my pantry.

Great reduction Lois! Your effort is really showing on the scale. . probably in your clothing as well. Sorry about all the stress at work. Enjoy the football game.

Sarah, that's beyond frustrating with the car fix. . ugh. Insurance companies are the worst. And, it's so great that you are providing help with people who have been told to move by their doctor! I know it's hard, and a sacrifice to give up your own workout, but I'm proud of you.

Well, I've got to hurry to family zoom, but wanted to get my weight posted. I don't know if you ladies saw anything on the Apple Event (I watch those, lol) . . my son's team revealed their SOS feature for road side assistance, partnering with AAA. So, if you're in an area with no cell service, you can use it to get AAA to you for help. They also featured a video showing a bunch of people celebrating birthdays they wouldn't have had if not rescued with the SOS feature. I'm very proud. :)

• wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 689 Member
    Haven't weighed myself in forever but still working out and eating relatively good.
    I did a leg work out 3 days ago and still can't walk properly :D so I definitely over did it. It didn't feel like I over did it at the time though. I pretty much have to fall onto the toilet lol It's better today though. I mostly feel it in my hamstrings. So I've been putting my next set of workouts on hold since the pain was so bad and have just been using my treadmill to get moving.

Work is still busy. Kids hockey is back in full force and the hubby's hockey starts this weekend. Fun times!
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,971 Member
    LW: 129.0
    TW: 129.4

So, I am holding on, but little else. However, for the moment, I'm okay with holding on. Yah for your losses Sheesh and Lois! :)

Sorry I did not get here yesterday. It turned out to be one of those days. We decided last minute to take a short trip to attend an anniversary celebration. When we got back here about 10:30 last night, I was beat! But I did get in about a 3-mile outside walk before we left because the weather was quite nice yesterday. That was a big change from Tuesday when we had some serious storms roll through. In just a few hours we had 3 inches of rain dumped on us. I was concerned about the chrysanthemums we had just broke our backs planting, but since we mulched well, it looks like they came through okay.

Wish I could say the same for the car! The car drama continues. As I said, the car has been in the body shop for 16 days now and it turns out that after the first estimate was made another one was issued because they found more problems once they took the front bumper off. We don't know who dropped the ball (the body shop or Geico) but that second estimate was never addressed. Hubby finally talked to the adjuster today who explained that although the car hardly looks damaged, cars are now designed to take more of the impact to protect the driver and passengers. So there are stabilizer bars that actually break. And the cost of the stabilizer bars, sensors, etc. all add up. And although this car has only 86K miles on it, it's a 2011, so the repair costs is edging up to the point where they may consider it totaled! We can hardly believe it. It's a Lexus SUV that we keep in good repair and have it detailed regularly, etc. So it looks great and drove great and we had hoped to keep it as our second car for some time. Long story short, they're still assessing the damage and we'll know the outcome in a day or so. I so hope we don't have to buy a new car. It's just not in the budget!

And it seems issues always come in 3's. This morning I woke up with a problem with my left eye. It was watering, red, and my vision was a bit foggy. My first thought was, "Oh no. Conjunctivitis!" With school in again, that would not surprise me. But the redness cleared up after I was up for a while, although the eye still feels irritated, and my vision is still off a bit. I did make it to my class because I was needed as an instructor, but if it doesn't clear up by tomorrow, I'll check in with my primary care doc. But since that's a Friday . . . I know that it's more logical to contact my eye doctor, but honestly, getting into that office quickly is next to impossible.

So that's two things, and I'm wondering about number 3. :# Maybe I should just think positively and quit being so suspicious!

Before I go, here are my 7-day averages.

Steps: 10,007
    Stairs: 11 floors
    Kcals burned: 1,703

Sorry to have been a bit of Debbie Downer. I'm really okay and once again, none of this affects my breathing!

Sheesh, I'm envious of all that fresh fish, and I'm glad you're also getting some nicer weather out that way. Lois, that scale is moving, so hang in there. And Kelly, I empathize with the soreness. I was shocked to find myself pretty sore after our first class last week. Just a couple of weeks off made a difference. I guess working with the newbies still gave me a workout.

• Lastchancelj
    Congrats Sheesh!! Keep it going. And man the fish sounds yummy. I've actually been springing for fresh sushi from AJ's this past week. It would be affordable if it were just for me (one sashimi and one roll $20ish), but hubby wants it too and he needs more than that so it ends up closer to $65 per trip. I also picked up a piece of their grilled salmon from the ready to eat counter a couple of times- super yummy. Mine always tastes too fishy and the pieces are so large that we toss more than we eat. But I'm pulling out my air fryer again this weekend so I can cook my mahi mahi, tilapia and sea bass I get from Costco.

Kelly - keep it moving!!! You're doing great!!

I can't wait to feel that I have to fall to sit feeling again. I'm waiting until after Disneyland to start back up with the trainer. Similar to Sarah's feeling - I don't want to jinx or risk getting injured and jeopardizing the trip.

Sarah - I can relate to the cost of repairs...once they start opening it up....the costs skyrocket. My fingers are crossed for you that they can repair it and it is not totalled. Hoping your eye is just allergies and all is cleared up quickly.

Tonight's Cameron's football game - currently 98 with 30% humidity. Hopefully it doesn't rain on us...but at least the sun will be past the zenith. I might meet his mom and her beau for dinner beforehand. I love the restaurant their going to, but it isn't really on plan...but we never get over that way...so I might just go and bite the bullet and pray I can stay on plan afterwards...and not go too overboard. Disney is just 70 days away. Tshirts are in, Rhea's dresses are in and I bought my Mickey/santa backpack and it just came in (someone delete my Mercari account please). I'm ready!!!
  • wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 689 Member
    Sheesh - Yum! All of that fish sounds amazing. Hubby and the kids don't like fish, unless it's deep fried lol so I rarely eat it. Congratulations to your son on his work accomplishments! You should absolutely be proud!

Sarah - Sorry to hear about the troubles you're having lately. I know it's easy to get down because of them. Hopefully the eye situation is minor, maybe allergies. I often get those same type of symptoms too. That really sucks about the car. I'm not sure how it works there, but here we're allowed to buy back our car if it's written off. Sounds like it silly process, but basically they give you the value of what your car is worth upon considering it not worth fixing, then you can take that money and use it to buy back your vehicle. You have to get all of the repairs done and then get a safety inspection done on it again to make it road worthy, but sometimes it's way cheaper than buying a new vehicle... if you can handle the process of it all.

Lois - mmm sushi. Now you made me crave it! lol Oooh Disneyland is so close for you!!! Super exciting.
  • SarahMaxx
    Happy Saturday. Today in the DC area the weather is gorgeous. It's sunny and the morning temps are in the mid to high 60's. It's 68 right now at 11:25 a.m.

And my eye did get better. The first day ended with a serious headache--perhaps because of the foggy vision--and the next morning (Friday) there was a slight bit of irration, but everything seems okay now. And Lois and Kelly, I had not even considered allergies, but that's a good guess. It was 5 years ago today (can you believe it?) that I ended up in the HR with that horrendously swollen, red face. I was looking through my calendar books yesterday and noticed that. I also noticed that at this time of year I often have notes about itchy eyes, itchy skin, and other symptoms. The kicker, of course, is that all of those allergy tests back in 2018 showed nothing!

AND--and this is a biggy--after hubby talked to the adjuster, he went back and reassessed the damage with the guys from the body shop (who he said are among the best in this area) and they decided that the car is fixable. So we don't have to go car shopping and hubby doesn't have to cancel his plans to go to upstate PA to spend some time with his cousin. He may have to push the dates forward, but that's okay. It depends on how much time it takes for the repair. And gosh, we learned so much about the cost of parts for cars nowadays. Just the housing for a headlight on that car is something like $1300 dollars. Part of me hates this, but part of me says, isn't it great that cars are now built to absort impact like that. (So, no--I am not going to go out and buy an old beater, although it was tempting! :D ) Now I just have to hold my breath for the increase in our insurance rates!

Well time to get moving. I want to take advantage of the temps and get some outdoor activity in. Monday, hubby goes to the pain clinic and I hope that he can soon join me on some walks in the park. I don't like to do those alone because parts of our parks are remote. And I plan to contact my first walking buddy Toni to see about meeting up sometime next week. I also think that one of the other instructors for my class may be a potential walking buddy. We shall see.

Sending good thoughts to all. Hope you enjoy the weekend.

• Lastchancelj
    Happy Monday. Sarah - glad to know you won't have to go car shopping. And it took hubby's accident for me to pull the money out of savings and buy new cars - for the safety reason. Tho I did not get rid of my 4Runner. It's a tank - even the guy at the Toyota body shop told me not to get rid of it. So we have two new ones and my 4Runner. And yes, they are crazy expensive for any repairs/servicing. This round we bought the all inclusive warranties for that reason as well.

Glad your eye is doing a bit better. I know I have to take either zyrtec or claritin daily. Years ago everyone came to AZ because of allergies and now we're just as bad as the rest of the country.

The weather is on a little bit of a cool down. We're now below 105, but still over 100 most days. And the humidity is still with us. I'll head out for a walk tonight after the sun goes down. I have to get my mileage in and legs strong.

Saturday we had a Rhea day and spent the day playing with her. And the weather has been warm enough that the pool was "tolerable". Chilly but ok as long as you were moving around. She had a blast. and we were all exhausted. I don't think I've ever been in the pool in September...my kids yes, but not me. I like it a tad bit warmer. Anyhow, we had fun. Sunday, hubby and I walked the mall for 2 miles - well almost. I bought him new Brooks and Hoka sneakers. He liked the Brooks and asked me to return the Hokas as they made him feel like he was wearing lifts. Anyhow, he decided he wanted to try them in the mall so we went yesterday morning. He still hasn't decided if he wants to keep them and to me with that indecision is to return them but he wants to try one more time after reading so many positive reviews. They're expensive so I'd rather buy him another pair of Brooks or even his cheapy Skechers as long as he'll wear them.

Disney is around the corner and I'm almost done paying off the trip. I've moved the money from savings and have been buy the gift cards at Target daily to pay it down (you get 5% savings right off the price of the GC - so $475 for a $500 card). When you're paying for the entire vacation, that's a meal for the family AT Disney so yeah, I'll go through the hassle. Anyhow, learned that you can't pay off the Target card more than 2/week online so I have to run to the store. And that limits the number of cards to purchase. I have time before the final payment is due so you know I'm going to wait. lol I'm a saver where I can.
  • SarahMaxx
    Just jumping in to say hello. Lois, I'm glad that the temps have improved a little and it's great to hear that your foot is well enough to do that mall walk. Yah! I know that you're doing all you can to maximize your mobility for Disney. As to shoes, I'm kind of like your hubby. I like to feel the surface beneath my feet, so Brooks work best for me. I'm due a pair and have been pondering which color to order. I don't really like the color of most of the women's Brooks Ghost 15s. And some of the better colors are already sold out in my size.

We are still having delightful weather here in the DC metro area, but there may be an abrupt end to that in a few days due to another tropical storm that is brewing. I hope to get at least another few outdoor walks in because I've found I burn more calories in the same time frame when I take my hilly route vs. walking on the TM.

And on another note, problem #3 did arise. On Sunday, it was raining here, so hubby said it would be a good time to change the stopper thingy in my bathroom vanity and clean out the trap. That was not an easy job afterall, but just as he finally thought he was near the finish line, he noticed a leak from tubing leading down from the cold water faucet. So that meant getting a plumber in on Monday morning, and we learned that the fix is not that simple. The best option is to replace the faucet since it's already 10 years old and the tubing comes with the faucet. The other option is to contact the manufacturer to order just the tubing since you can no longer buy that particular type in a hardware store. For that, you need the serial number. When a plumber installs a new faucet, they are supposed to leave on the sticker with the serial number (it's somewhere where it wouldn't show). Our's didn't, but fortunately, I had for some reason saved the brochure on the faucet which has the serial number. The brochure also says that there's a limited lifetime warranty on the faucet. So our first step is to try to get the company to send a whole new faucet which comes with the tubing. Hubby called them yesterday, they asked for some pictures, and now we're waiting. If they won't replace it, we'll probably buy a new faucet just to prevent having other problems crop up with the current one. Either direction, it's another unexpected expense. :s

I lost track of time this morning and had to race out to my class, so I forgot to weigh, but I hope I'm still holding my own when I weigh in tomorrow. With all the eating out we've done lately, that's probably the best I can hope for this week. I think that I am going to have to schedule some exercise time at home since it appears that instructing will continue to interrupt my own exercising, at least until the new folks get more familiar with the routine. One older lady who has been very ill made it back to class today and kept interrupting. She's almost deaf, won't wear her hearing aids, and talks sooo loud. She brought her caretaker with her, but that person just deposited her in the class and went and sat in the car. After class, I found the caretaker and told her that she needs to check in periodically because today one of the instructors had to help this lady get out of the room and to the restroom. She can go the restroom herself. She just needs help getting there. But bless her heart, she did try hard to do the routine. Unfortunately, my request was not accepted that well, but I tapped down the people pleasing part of me and just said, "Sorry, but this is what we need you to do to ensure her safety." We'll see what happens on Thursday.

Well, looked at the time and got to run. Hope it's a good day for all. :smile: