New to the group

Options
dmeri77
dmeri77 Posts: 5 Member
Hey everyone!
I'm Dave, T2 since 2013. I have never been able to get my BG under control so now that I am starting to see some advanced symptoms and my birthday in July I am making another push to get my sugar in check.

I have made a lot of mistakes including just ignoring the problem which was a bad idea so here I am, pushing hard with diet and exercise. I have some meds too but I haven't been consistently taking them.

I need some friends that understand what being a T2 is all about and someone to hold me accountable when I blow it.

I look forward to meeting new friends here!

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    Hey! Glad you are here.

There seems to be a couple of (very) human responses to something like a diagnosis of something like T2 diabetes. I think some people view it as a problem for the doctor to manage, and they are not going to make changes in lifestyle or diet.

Others ignore it or are in denial a little maybe.

Some people decide to double down and make changes. Response to lifestyle/diet changes seem to be a little variable, but at least you know where you really are and what you need.

When I was diagnosed, the doctor explained that diabetes was progressive. I resolved to slow that progress as much as possible.
  • JudyValentine3
    JudyValentine3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello Dave.
    I am a T3C which is caused by trauma to the pancreas. No matter what I do, I will always need insulin and meds.
    When I was first told was diabetic, I was expecting it, so I wasn't too upset. I thought I was doing everything right, but I had to start taking insulin. That was more upsetting that being diabetic. Then I realised, with the help of a support group, that it didn't mean I was a failure, but that my pancreas was just not able to produce enough insulin.
    So, 10 years later, and I'm doing fine. Hang in there. It does get easier,