Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,487 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Not sure if I gave a starting weight and what day I said I would weigh in, so I'll say I'll weigh in on Saturday so it's the last day of the week.
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting weight: 174.2
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

cf45sg16wxkt.png
    cnx0t07g4yq6.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    m6q4a13ggcpa.png

By Pounds
    0k1d5vz70l2e.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    2hhb2k3ghkbo.png
    pnpctu90dz44.png

By Pounds
    u3v2itvhm0jc.png

Team Winners
    suqv1d7hc189.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

3k27gmtuece2.png
    7uqh6xentgwo.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    7uuzftobz5hb.png

By Pounds
    rwdnropk0pm3.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    c0f11ipu2apu.png
    xpreiokdyns4.png
    u9ay31s3tqg3.png

By Pounds
    dupblz7c0jty.png

Team Winners
    by2htho56dbj.png
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    10K Daily step goal and 15 daily floors.
    Thank you for this step challenge.

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? Family? Pets? What are some of your hobbies? Etc. My name is DJ. I live in Florida. I enjoy biking, SUP, reading, dancing, playing games

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start? I love the feeling of being strong and having fun moving.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them? My trigger is when hubby brings out something yummy and I want some too. I either get a small bowl or I opt for fruit.

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? Plate method

5. What is your favourite way to workout? Any new workouts you would like to try this month? I love full-body workouts on YouTube. I want to get back to doing yoga daily.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year? I want to eat more freggies. I was glad this was the first group challenge. I also want to dance more. I want to get out of my all-or-nothing mentality.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions? An environment where people are enjoying the journey of a healthy lifestyle.

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates. Make it fun. New recipes, fun movement, get silly and dance, just enjoy the journey.
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Great job last month yall! Downsizers for the win!! πŸ† πŸ† πŸ† πŸ†

Let keep that rolling into October πŸ’ͺ🏽πŸ’ͺ🏽πŸ’ͺ🏽πŸ’ͺ🏽
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi, @lindamtuck2018, Here are my numbers for this week.

User: rwillems
    Weigh-In Day: Sunday

PW: 280.0 lbs
    CW: 281.0 lbs

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    rwillems wrote: Β»
    Hi, @lindamtuck2018, Here are my numbers for this week.

User: rwillems
    Weigh-In Day: Sunday

PW: 280.0 lbs
    CW: 281.0 lbs

Hope you doing good Rick :)
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 179 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

I'm Michelle. I'm 53 and have been married for 30 years. I have an adult son and a teen daughter. I'm from Alberta Canada. I have 2 male Yorkies and 1 14yr old cat. I love to play poker and to bullet journal.

I feel like I've been on this journey a long time. I started gaining weight at age 20. I've been on MFP since. However, I feel like I've seriously focused on it since August 1 2023. I've met with a Dr. to help this time and will be seeing her monthly at this point. I don't have any health issues yet and that is one reason i have started. I also have found myself avoiding going out into situations that are unknown so I knew it was time.

I'm working on defining my triggers. In discussion with my Dr. to notice what those are. I am currently wondering if sleep is a trigger.

I have tried all different types of weight loss strategies. Currently calories in and out with special attention to whole foods and calorie density is working. IF in a form (10 hours).

I am working my way into a workout. I am currently focused on adding some type of activity daily.

This month my goal is to notice my triggers and take my vitamins. By the end of this year I would like to have dropped one clothing size from when I began in August.

I hope that this team will offer support, encouragement and cheerleading while keeping me accountable.

My words of wisdom: Take it slow, approach with a positive mindset and record goals as if they've already been met.

Thanks for getting to know me!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

9.24 5,233
    9.25 10,509
    9.26 10,771
    9.27 10,111
    9.28 8,507
    9.29 10,685
    9.30 823 yes really!

• Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! @torih941,@fitbxr @liketoyak and @ddainiak
    Thank you to @Megan_smartiepants1970 & @lindamtuck2018 for keeping this group going every day and giving people a place to come and discuss goals and achieve them :)
    &Thank you @Slimmersixties & @LearningLessons for being understanding and supportive & helping me learn ways to stay on track. I love this group and everyone in it. As always, We got this!
  • Stacimfit
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Here are my steps for last week: I didn't double like I wanted to but I really did put in the effort to keep moving as much as possible. Man I didn't realize getting a lot of steps in was kind of difficult lol.

dlfp0f3j0ywd.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @ddainiak
    I hear you on the individual bags. If I bring a family size of potato chips home I eat them all so now I just get single serving sizes. The same with jersey milk bars. If I buy the 4 pack I will have them all gone by the end of the weekend. I will buy one at the corner store. It might cost more but my waistline thanks me.

@liketoyak
    Welcome my fellow Canadian. Sleep is without a doubt an issue when it comes to my weight loss. When I go through periods of sleep trouble, I struggle to lose weight. I find less than 7 hours and I am out of sorts. It makes it harder to want to move plus eat healthier. I have learned tricks over the years to help with my sleep. The biggest is sticking to a routine.

@Stacimfit
    Your welcome!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps 4,231
    Exercise: 0/5
    Close rings:1/28

Today I am doing mini walks. I will get back in the pool eventually.

Have a great Monday everyone!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Question:

@liketoyak mentioned in their introduction that they were wondering if sleep could be a trigger when it comes to weight loss. I know it absolutely is for me. I am interested to see how others are affected by sleep.

Do you find sleep is a factor for you when it comes to weight loss? Do you have any tips for getting quality sleep?

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Congratulations team on the number one spot for week 4 and September.

Awesome job to out top weight losers:

@laquita606
    @NachDeezy
    @KarlysFreedom
    @Slimmersixties
  • Stacimfit
    Options

Question:

@liketoyak mentioned in their introduction that they were wondering if sleep could be a trigger when it comes to weight loss. I know it absolutely is for me. I am interested to see how others are affected by sleep.

Do you find sleep is a factor for you when it comes to weight loss? Do you have any tips for getting quality sleep?

It is for me too. If I sleep well, I lose weight easier. I just try to have a sleep schedule all week and not stay up too late on the weekends. I don't eat a few hours before bed.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options

Question:

Since breaking my foot/ankle and having 7 surgeries ..I sleep a lot ... I can't comment about weight loss since I am still out of commission ... I fall asleep at a drop of a hat ... sorry I do not have any tips for getting quality sleep
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? Family? Pets? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.
    I live in a suburb just north of Chicago. I grew up in a south suburb of the same and then lived in Northern California for 14 years and now I'm back in the Chicago area. I'm married for almost 10 years and have a 33 yo son and a 3 yo grandson! I enjoy reading, although I don't seem to find as much time for it these days. Instead, I listed to audible books while walking (outside, usually during the mild weather months). I'm addicted to a crazy game that I spend way too much time playing....but I love it. I'm entering sweepstakes once again, after attending a convention in July.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    Weight loss/control is a never ending journey. I know that once I hit my goal, I can't just stop or I'll be back right where I am, again! Last year I got serious and lost 20lbs ( a lot people get serious and lose 50 or 100 but I was excited about my 20! I lost the majority between March and July and then started to slack off - meaning more fun things were in front of me, vacations, weddings etc and challenged me. I managed to maintain, until after Thanksgiving. my foot swelled to a point that I could barely walk on it. I now know was a gout attack. It took about 3 months to get dr appointments and to settle in on the real issue. So with a painful foot, my level of activity decreased and I started snacking a wee bit more. I found 10 of those pounds again. I started with this group at 219.4 and I was down to 211 in July, now I'm pushing 218 again after some emotional months.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?
    Boredom and having snacks available to me - a terrible combination. I know I will get bored, even doing things that I enjoy, so I try to plan for healthier snacks around the house. I also learned that I am very much an emotional eater. Never really put that together until several significant events in the past few month and the scale went upward.

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb
    I am returning to calorie counting for now but I'll go back to Intermittent Fasting soon .

5. What is your favourite way to workout? Any new workouts you would like to try this month?
    During the summer months, I like to walk outside, with a great book from audible and the time just flies. In the colder months, I walk indoors but to add to fun activities - I use my Nintendo Wii and some dance games to keep moving.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?
    This is where the procrastinator steps in. I had very attainable weight goals at the beginning of this year and I didn't hit any of them. So for now, I have a vacation coming up at the end of October and then the holidays will be right around the corner.
    I am going to work very hard during October to drop a few pounds prior to vacation and then when I return - my goal will be to get through the holidays without a gain.
    Afterward - I am going to focus on other types of goals (not weight related) and see if by changing the focus, the pounds will go...

October Goals:
    Stabilize Water intake 64 ounces or more
    Stay within calorie range
    Limit alcohol calories
    Exercise Daily (5 of 6)

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?
    Friendly motivation, support and accountability.

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.
    Never give up. As long you are making an effort, you are half way there.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    Daily Goals
    - Eating only at Hunger Level 3 and staying below calorie target
    - Water (Goal 64 oz) :
    - Increased intensity while walking on treadmill
    - Limit alcohol calories

- THOUGHTS: New beginnings...

Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

10/1 6,866
    10/2