Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,664 Member
    Options
    PW: 82.3
    CW 83.3

Long weekend, lots of stress, emotional eating and drinking and yea, not happy
  • Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,664 Member
    Options
    @Hotspur11 9/24 - 9/30

24/9 - 19,022
    25/9 - 11,128
    26/9 - 11,280
    27/9 - 12,018
    28/9 - 9,375
    29/9 - 10,147
    30/9 - 12,657
  • laquita606
    laquita606 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Username: laquita606
    PW (Previous Weight):242.6
    CW (Current Weight):245.4

steps:
    9/24: 4,298
    9/25: 15,771
    9/26: 15,133
    9/27: 18,349
    9/28: 14,491
    9/29: 17,142
    9/30: 6,587
  • laquita606
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I would like to join the step pledge with 7,000

• laquita606
    Options

Question:

@liketoyak mentioned in their introduction that they were wondering if sleep could be a trigger when it comes to weight loss. I know it absolutely is for me. I am interested to see how others are affected by sleep.

Do you find sleep is a factor for you when it comes to weight loss? Do you have any tips for getting quality sleep?

I do believe that sleep is a factor for weight loss from my experience. I find that when you get the rest needed for your body you manage your weight better. This past week I've been having trouble sleeping, which in turn meant I was eating more than needed.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,783 Member
    Options
    laquita606 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I would like to join the step pledge with 7,000

You are already on the step challenge ..it just rolls over each month
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,783 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    6p1b0fe0v6fw.jpg

2nd reminder of the people's steps I need for September week 4... Please have them in no later than Tuesday evening 10/3/23

@aactuallyaash 9/24 - 9/30
    @Mama530 9/30

• Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 732 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Do you find sleep is a factor for you when it comes to weight loss? Do you have any tips for getting quality sleep?

I believe it has a large factor in weight loss. I was always hungry and falling asleep during the day. I knew I needed more sleep so I started researching it. It said to trigger your Circadian Rhythm first thing in the morning, enjoy getting out in the sunlight first thing in the morning with no glasses. It said try going to bed the first time you yawn. I was surprised that over and over again, it was about 8:30. If I stayed up until 9:00, I was wide awake until about 10:30. When I went to bed at 8:30, I got at least 8 hours of sleep and was less hungry and slept at a lower resting heart percentage than when I went to bed later. It is normal to wake at various times throughout the night. Most of the time it is not remembered, but my Fitbit registers all this info. My sleep scores were much better. I struggle to go to bed that early. I like to stay up until 10:30 reading, but I get lower scores and recovery is not as good. Usually wind up getting 7 hours. The hunger definitely got better with more sleep. It has to do with hormones produced while sleeping. The two hormones most closely associated with energy homeostasis leading to sensations of hunger and satiety are ghrelin and leptin. Very interesting stuff. I never knew how many things sleep affects. Thanks for the reminder to pay attention and go to bed. I have been saying I need to improve my sleep again, but no action. So I guess I am off to bed. Good night.
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    rwillems wrote: »
    Hi, @lindamtuck2018, Here are my numbers for this week.

User: rwillems
    Weigh-In Day: Sunday

PW: 280.0 lbs
    CW: 281.0 lbs

Next week is your comeback week my friend 💪🏽
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    OK so I am back and determined for sure!

PW - 393.8lb
    CW- 383.8lb

-10lb

I have to take my weight from the doctors for last week and I was wearing clothes which will account for a few lb. But from this week it'll be accurate with the same scales at the same time of day (no clothes, heehee)

I start a medical bariatric program this week- 21 weeks of group therapy/classes. It's meant to be just shakes but I'm going to do a mix of shakes and food because I find it reluctant to have no food at all while working on my relationship with food.

I really want to do this. I have 4 months before a very important event which requires me to buy a dress and I don't want to buy a 4-5xl. I'd love to be down to a 3xl at least by then... but I'm taking it one meal, one day at a time!!

YES!!!! LETS DO THIS!!
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    @torih941 @fitbxr @liketoyak and @ddainiak - so glad to have you with us!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉

• liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone! I'm ready to get at it!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    @torih941 @fitbxr @liketoyak and @ddainiak welcome to the Downsizers
  • Slimmersixties
    Options

I don't know if lack of sleep affects my weight but i do know about not being able to sleep!
    My husband passed away in 2011 and i just couldn't sleep for about 3 years! The only thing that worked for me was to put my headphones in and listen to something like a person reading a book until i fell asleep. It helped me to stop thinking about things and turn my mind off!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Christmas Challenge

I am running a mini challenge for our team to commit to a weight loss we'd like to achieve as a gift to ourselves for Christmas!

If anyone else would like to join, just let me know the weight you will be be 24th December. I'll add you to the chart and then update it on a regular basis

Here are the latest results

4ql12nqx7n4r.jpg

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    @Slimmersixties I would like to be 160 pounds - a stretch, but hope I can make it.
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

My steps:
    10/1 - 23,736
    10/2 - 18,729
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    OK so I am back and determined for sure!

PW - 393.8lb
    CW- 383.8lb

-10lb

I have to take my weight from the doctors for last week and I was wearing clothes which will account for a few lb. But from this week it'll be accurate with the same scales at the same time of day (no clothes, heehee)

I start a medical bariatric program this week- 21 weeks of group therapy/classes. It's meant to be just shakes but I'm going to do a mix of shakes and food because I find it reluctant to have no food at all while working on my relationship with food.

I really want to do this. I have 4 months before a very important event which requires me to buy a dress and I don't want to buy a 4-5xl. I'd love to be down to a 3xl at least by then... but I'm taking it one meal, one day at a time!!

Fantastic loss! I can understand not wanting to do shakes alone. I know it would trigger me to binge. Taking things one meal at a time is smart.
    Hotspur11 wrote: »
    PW: 82.3
    CW 83.3

Long weekend, lots of stress, emotional eating and drinking and yea, not happy

It’s a new week so but last week behind you. It is important to have compassion for ourselves when we mess up on our diets.

ddainiak wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

My steps:
    10/1 - 23,736
    10/2 - 18,729

Crazy steps. Awesome work!

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Steps 5,263
    Exercise: 1/5
    Close rings:2/28

I am going for acupuncture this morning and then to the pain clinic for my injections.
This discussion has been closed.