KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
Happy Fall, y'all!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Fall to you too!

I read your post from the other day about the lottery ticket @KateNkognito! Funny thing was on Saturday night when we came back home from dinner with BF's parents (which was very nice) we went to a grocery store to pick up a few things and to buy a Power Ball ticket. The woman behind the counter said that the lottery had closed at 8:00pm. What?! No ticket for us. Sigh... So here we are. LOL

Hope you had a great weekend. Ours was nice. We got to spend yesterday outside on the patio and it was a little buggy but nice. Thank God for the candles we light that keep mosquitos at bay. :)

Not to busy today at work. Working remotely today and then usual days in the office this week. Home is nice because there is no traffic and comfier clothes! LOL

Hope you have a good day. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today wasn't too rough. Students were all either sleepy or absent. Also, I fed them goldfish crackers after we did our lab. (It was about nonrenewable resources. Goldfish=coal) They were very good.
    I was supposed to put in my grades... but I feel asleep as soon as I got home and now it is late and I don't want to.
    @Meghan509 Sorry you didn't win the lottery! Sounds like a nice weekend, though. :)
    Off to go back to sleep and dream of retirement! Have a good week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

I like the Goldfish analogy @KateNkognito very cute! Hope you get your grades in soon. :)

Dreaming of retirement here too! Sigh... Today has been a little crazy and just sort of feeling unmotivated even though I have a lot to do. This too shall pass.

I went and placed an order with Old Navy last week and have to recommend the work pants I ordered and am wearing today. These are super comfortable:
    https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=7452900620004&vid=1&searchText=pants#pdp-page-content

Hope you have a good day. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today was a decent day. Got my grades in. Made the executive decision to give them some work time today.
    @Meghan509 Those pants look super comfy! I'll have to check them out the next time I am near the Old Navy. I have to shop in person because I am a petite and sometimes pants are weird.
    Tomorrow I have my monthly chiropractor appointment. She isn't going to be pleased with my life choices. Oh, well, I keep trying. :D
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Glad you got your grades all submitted @KateNkognito!

I know what you mean about pants. Those do come in a petite which is nice. I find them pretty true to size. I am glad they worked out for me since I had bought them in black, tan, brown, and green. LOL I am five feet four and am wearing the regular vs. the petite. I am always on the cusp. But I might even say that they run a tad on the shorter end. My two cents.

Today I am wearing a summer dress to work. Sunny and 75 degrees F today. This might be our Indian Summer before temps dip down to regular fall and then winter. Trying to milk a dress day where I can since I find them comfy!

Traffic was usual but I was on time which I like. I leave extra time so I don't stress. That helps.

Busy at work getting stuff ready to ship out to our Salt Lake City, UT office. Big meeting there end of the month that is coming up way too fast. Sigh.

Hope you have a good day. See you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

I am feeling pumped that it isThursday for some reason! LOL Last day of walking up earlier and commuting. Woo hoo! Traffic was voluminous today! Oh how I don't miss the highway when I am not on it!

Going for my yearly blood work and health screening tomorrow morning first thing. This way I can get my healthy rewards incentives from my employer. :) We basically get points that add up to a gift card of your choice. Kinda nice! In the past it used to be a dollar amount loaded in to our Heath Savings accounts. Either way, it is money in the pocket.

Wearing jeans and liking it! 66 degrees F and foggy here. No plans for the weekend which is fine with me. I like low key. Rain expected on Saturday but Sunday should be nice.

Hope you have a good day and see you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Friday is here. Kind of cloudy and with fog here. Supposed to start raining at 2pm, so I will be heading out to the grocery store midday to avoid that! Tomorrow more rain is expected, so hoping to not get stuck in the rain with a car full of groceries. LOL

Had my blood work done today and will get the results back in a week or so. Not expecting anything out of the ordinary there.

Today would have been my Dad's 76th birthday today. Thinking of him and trying not to be sad. My family down in Florida is getting together tonight to celebrate his birthday, even though he's not with us. <3

Hope you have a good Friday and a good weekend! See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    What happened to this week?! TGIF, though.
    Meghan, hugs for you today.
    The weather here literally went from 90 yesterday to a near freeze tonight. Crazy stuff! I will be enjoying my blankets and a book this weekend with some tea and soup.
    Have a great weekend!
  • Meghan509
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Good morning!

Columbus Day here in the USA but our office is open! Happy Thanksgiving to @mamainthekitchen
    if she is still checking in around these parts. <3

Hope you have a nice day off, @KateNkognito!? I am grateful work is sort of quiet today. I bet people have to take the day off if they have to work and their kids are off... Less traffic on our little street today, I guess because we are surrounded by schools. LOL

Thanks for the hugs for Friday, I appreciate it. The weekend was a little tough in general. We had a special pillow here at the house that my Dad was supposed to use when he visited last year, but due to illness they had to cancel both of those trips. I felt so sad seeing the pillow there in the guest room so I made the choice to donate it. Still makes me sad thinking about it, but I think it is the best thing to do. :'(

We did a huge tossing and cleaning event here. Also got all my summer shoes and stuff put away. All I have to do is swap closets and put a box down in the basement and I am done! Nice to have that squared away. Going to be doing a THIRD run down to Goodwill mid day today to donate stuff.

I am traveling this week (Thursday through Sunday) down to GA to spread ashes and spend time with my family. I am looking forward to it. When I get back we will have my BF's cousin and family visiting with BF's parents and they will come here as well. Wanted to have the house in good shape for pending guests.

Other than the cleaning and organizing, we had a pretty low key weekend. Had rain Friday and Saturday but yesterday was pretty. Fall is here!

Hope you have a good Monday and start to the week. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    We didn't have today off. Conferences are after school tomorrow and Wednesday and all day Thursday. Everyone is off Friday. But I will be driving an hour and a half for my son's cross country meet. Fun times!
    @Meghan509 I need to go through some stuff here, but I didn't get to it this summer. Maybe next year. Glad your house is all tidy for your guests!
    Two more days with students. It'll be fine. Probably.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Ahh, nice! Glad to hear you are off on Friday @KateNkognito! And good luck with the drive and hope it goes well. Hopefully the kids are not too amped up with having Friday off! Fingers crossed! LOL

Back in the office today. Traffic was busy but moving. No accidents, thankfully.

Lots of projects going on here with a big meeting happening end of the month in SLC. Going smoothly so far.

Looking forward to having Thursday and Friday off and seeing some family. :)

Hope you have a good day. See you real soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Long day. Woke up at 3 AM with a migraine, but I had a good conversation with God while I listened to my Bible study and waited for the meds to kick in. :)
    @Meghan509 Enjoy your "Friday" tomorrow. And good luck with the projects and meeting!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning,

Ugh, hope you are feeling better @KateNkognito. Awww good for you. <3

Since today is my Friday I am wearing jeans and I think I need to do this more often. Totally relaxes my mind set. :)

Traffic was the usual volume but no accidents. Planning to try and leave a little bit early today from work so I can go home and get my packing done before it gets too late.

Flying out tomorrow on a 1:00pm flight and will be out of pocket the next few days. Will post when I can.

Have a good day and a good rest of the week. Chat soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    One long day tomorrow and then a lovely weekend!
    Safe travels, @Meghan509!
    Off to bed for me.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Woo hoo! Three day weekend, here I come!
    I hope your flight went smoothly, @Meghan509!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    It has been a very nice weekend! The extra day to rest up was nice. :)
    Meghan, I hope you had a nice flight. Hugs to you and your family.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy to say we successfully scattered my Dad's ashes where he wanted them: Around the beautiful lake and mountains in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Northern Georgia. So pretty there. Fall foliage happening. Mountains, lakes oh my. So beautiful. Had some yummy GA BBQ too! OMG.

Our trip and longer weekend was really nice and we are all so glad we did it. It was me, my aunt and uncle from CT, my Dad's best friend from the age of five (also from CT), my sister, brother, and my Step Mom (drove up from FL). Oh yeah, and my brother's dog also came up. LOL We had a super nice time. <3 Lots of stories and laughs and it all flew by but was wonderful.

Traveling can be kind of a pain but it all worked out with no flight delays. ATL airport is SUPER BUSY and CRAZY and thank God my aunt and uncle made our flight on the return because they were stuck in TSA forever. Sheesh.

Glad you had a nice extra day off @KateNkognito! Yes, rest is good. I had got home yesterday by 3pm local time but I was exhausted from the driving and travel. BF and I headed to the grocery store and got what we needed. Unpacked and was in bed at 9pm! It was wonderful. Feeling refreshed today even though I am back at work remotely and catching up on laundry in between emails and stuff. LOL

Have a good day and a good start to the week! See you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    It was a Monday, but not too bad. I decided to take Thursday off. I have some stuff to do and I also just need a day.
    @Meghan509 I am glad you had a nice trip and that you all got to remember your dad together.
    Off to do the things and make dinner. Have a good week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Yes, I agree with you @KateNkognito it was definitely a Monday but not too bad. I was super busy yesterday feeling like I was needing to get caught up for being out two days but all in all not too bad.

Good, I hope you enjoy your day off on Thursday! I am about to submit my vacation time for the remainder of the year. Will be taking time off during the week of Thanksgiving and the week and
    a half or so around Christmas and New Year's. Looking forward to that!

BF's cousin, wife and one of their daughters will be in town starting tomorrow for three weeks! Going to be lots of get togethers over the coming weekends. :) That should be fun. I have not met his daughter yet and have heard good things. BF's brother will also be coming out for a bit to spend time with everybody. Just a month filled with family. I don't mind. <3

Pretty much it from this end. Plugging along. Hope you have a good day! See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    So excited for my day off! The first person in my house that wakes me up is going to die a painful death. :D I am super looking forward to sleeping in. Can you tell?
    Have fun with all the family, @Meghan509! I think we will have a bunch of people this year for Christmas. I can't believe it is almost November! October is always SO busy, but then the end of the year just flies.
    A couple of things to do and then off to bed. Have a good rest of the week!