❣️🙏My Team, My Friend, My Family, Our thoughts are with You!🙏❣️

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,211 Member
    Options
    @Pmbach1, Pam if you'd like to please update us (but, in NO WAY do you need to if you wish not to)on how your appointment went yesterday.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Thinking if you
  • pmbach1
    pmbach1 Posts: 2,077 Member
    Options
    Oh dear I thought I did. I love Dr. Duska. She is a wonderfully kind and warm person. She said she was going to fix me. She hugged me wow!
    She was going to do the hysterectomy next Thursday the 19th, but got a cancellation and I will have it this Thursday the 12th. I have to be in Charlottesville for pre-op anesthesia appointment. I am much calmer since meeting with her. Won't know other things until pathology. Will have some idea because they take a look when it comes out but it will still need to be sent away. Thank you so much for asking Diane!! @Dianedoessmiles1
  • pmbach1
    Options
    This is o the pumpkin patch but thought I would post it here too:

I sure hope so the Dr. said she was going to fix me. I thought everyone might want to know what happened on the way home from the hospital. It was not supposed to rain. We ran into a really bad storm going through a mountainous area. We started to see one end of a rainbow. Then it became a double rainbow for awhile. At first we couldn't even see where the light was coming from then we did. That rainbow stayed visible for at least 20 miles. First one end then the other and often the whole thing. An amazing sign.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Pmbach1, WOW!! Hey AWESOME she can do it Thursday!! Here's hoping the pathologist report will be cleared and all taken care of!! If not Pam, we were with you!! You are not alone, but we know you also have many in real life who love you dearly. If it comes back that you need more treatment there are also many support groups. If you are able to they help so much in ways that only a survivor and fighter can understand though of course, many of us have battles of various types we are here also. Just in case. You've been with us for so long and we know you to be a fighter, but it's also okay to be scared. Okay if you are not at all scared, that'd be unusual. I LOVE Rainbows!! Hugs
  • Scousie
    Scousie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    @pmbach1 Thinking of you and hoping your surgery and recovery are going well x
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    @pmbach1 Hi Pam, how are you doing now? My hysterectomy in 2022 went so well. The radiation was uncomfortable but not bad. I had my check-up in August with the radiologist and all is well. I see the oncologist soon but I am sure I will go to yearly checkups with both Drs. If it's not an intrusion, please let us know how you are doing.
  • pmbach1
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @Ceriusly1 Ceri everyday gets better. Thursday will be four weeks and I am amazed at how good I feel. I do have a fair amount of swelling. My cut goes from the belly button down past the hair line. Yikes hope that isn't TMI. I have to have chemo. Just 2-3 one time rounds consisting of two different drugs. Going to the oncologist tomorrow more labs and getting chemo schedule. If you don't mind my asking if yours was a radical hysterectomy like mine how long did it take for the swelling to go down. Mine has gone down a lot but the left side still seems fairly swollen. Thank you so much for checking in!!!!! Guys since I didn't answer for so long somehow there are two of these threads and I only seem to get notified from the other. For some reason Ceri's came up.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    @pmbach1 I tagged you here. Perhaps the other thread is on your team.

I did have a total hysterectomy but my main incision was through my belly button. I have four other small incisions, 2 on either side of my stomach. I had minimal swelling that only lasted for a few days. I'm guessing since you are having chemo your cancer was a different type than mine. God bless you and I am praying for a speedy recovery. Please let me know as you progress.

Ceri
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @pmbach1, I'm so sorry you have been through so much and have to go through chemo, yet, it's great at this time we are in, they have it available. My cut was the same as yours from belly button down to the bone. It took me the full 8 weeks to feel better most of the way. That was around 2010 ish.
  • Sparkuvu
    Sparkuvu Posts: 2,618 Member
    Options
    @pmbach1 you are in my prayers for a complete and uneventful recovery, and for strength and comfort during your chemo treatments. My heart lifted when I saw your comment about getting your very own God's promise on your way---can't get any better than that ❤️
  • pmbach1
    Options
    @Ceriusly1 You were right that is exactly what it was thank you for making that right! The outpouring here and on my team has been wonderful!!! @Dianedoessmiles1 and @sparkuvu thank you so much for everything!!!
  • pmbach1
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I will be at 4 weeks Thursday so all things considered I must be doing quite well. BTW I will most likely lose my hair. Oh well could be worse. A couple of my friends are going to help me buy some turbans.
  • pmbach1
    Options
    Visit with oncologist yesterday. I have my first appt. for chemo November 21st. I will most certainly lose my hair. But the prognosis is really good with chemo projected 10% chance of it returning. 15% projected if I don't. I am going to do it and hopefully Dr. Duska will stick to 2-3 treatments. I received a call from the practice from what they call a navigator who just so happens to be a friend/client of mine. Very heartening conversation. I will be going for a chemo teach session with DH on Tuesday at 3. At that point I will receive a coupon for a goodie bag from a place called Wellspring here in town that caters to cancer patients getting treatment. I will get a prescription for a wig. The spa offers a variety of soothing things to patients at no cost: hair cuts if needed, manicures and pedicures, Reiki, makeup lessons. The patients are able to take advantage of these things at no cost. Other people come in and buy things which supports this. I am feeling cared for.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @Pmbach1, It's amazing what they can do to extend life now. Years ago we'd not be alive. Though the treatment is not an easy one at all, it'll extend your precious life. Please allow others to help you as much as possible. Housework, errands, if they offer meals etc. It'll only help you go through them. A friend used turbans they were so cool!! They have some very neat ones. Another one wore very silly hats. It helped everyone to laugh and her too. I am so sorry you have to go through this. Your Captain will be there and team along with US too! We'll cheer you on, and listen to tears, and it's all okay to have emotions from A to Z.

2t0iqghvomre.png
  • pmbach1
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 You are so right. The roller coaster ride can be exhausting! But I will get through!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Pmbach1 we are with you offering our support. If you wish to post throughout that's fine or if you choose to blog it please let us know.
  • pmbach1
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I will probably post here. I will almost certainly be losing my hair purchased a wig on Saturday. It will take some getting used to. So much mor hair than I will ever have. It is a Raquel Welch wig. Very nice. I will try to have fun with it. c2k3li1cxtpq.jpg Here is a picture of it. It is grey with white highlights.
  • Chubbynomore10
    Chubbynomore10 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread and am sorry it took me so long.
    Pam, I am sure you are more beautiful than Raquel. Hang onto that rainbow and let your faith soar! God sent you that wondrous sign and He doesn’t speak to us in vain! You are definitely in my prayers and I am praising Him for your early warning, your gynecologist, your surgeon, your cancer team, and all of your family and loved ones who are standing beside you as you walk this path. You will not walk it alone. <3
  • pmbach1
    Options
    @Chubbynomore10 This means soooooo much to me!!! Thank you!