Intro.-Keto & IF Again After 6 years-Yoga Instructor

Options
Hi. I'm 49. I'm excited but nervous to be on Keto again. I started again last night with my first meal. Hot Italian sausage, cauliflower rice with cheese, heavy cream and butter. Just cinnamon and elderberry tea for breakfast. Chicken caesar salad for lunch. Looking for accountability, positive outlooks and ideas for easy recipes.
I teach yoga at least 4 times a week and am currently doing a 31 walking mile challenge with my dog to bring awareness and help for mental health. I love to swim, paddle board and the sun is my first love.
I live in Michigan but am originally from Belgium. I lived on a steel ketch in the West Indies for 4 years and have been an American Citizen since 2001.
I have 4 children and am a grandmother to 2 girls.
I work with at-risk middle schoolers and love them very much.
I am honest to a fault and have a tendency to over share. I struggle and thrive with Bipolar Disorder. I rarely do anything "small" but I try whenever it's appropriate. I have a huge heart and very low tolerance for small minds and rude behaviors.
I'm happy to be here! Please reach out :0)

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,123 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group.
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome. We got some things in common. I'm 54.

I used to teach at-risk students in middle school (over 20 yrs ago, in my brief 2-yr stint as a public school teacher). Loved the kids, hated the system lol.

I used to do yoga (before health issues-- long story), and love walking the dog too.

I don't specifically follow any keto plans but I do low carb/high fat & keep an eye on my state of ketosis, as well as my blood sugar (diabetic, soon to be reversed hopefully).

We need to liven up this group a bit, it's been dead around here :wink: