Hello

Options
Orthia_
Orthia_ Posts: 4 Member
Hello! I'm new here and a newbie at low carb eating. I'll need all the support and tips possible. First question is: how do you split your carb intake in the day? Mostly mornings? I'm on night shifts for the time being as well and tend not to eat during those hours...

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,131 Member
    Options
    I have never really considered it. I generally don't eat until 1PM, and usually finish eating by 6-7PM. I just strive to keep my carbs within my daily goal.
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hello. I do low carb/high fat. I'm a night owl, I work from home and usually prefer to do my work at night when all is quite (it's 5am now and I'll be going to bed soon lol).

I usually wake up 1-2 pm, eat or have a fat bomb coffee at 3-4 pm, eat my main meal at around 7 pm; finish up w/coffee @10 pm, and if I only had the 1 meal I'll probably snack with it. Then it's just water till I go to bed.

I don't really think about how I split up the carbs, as long as I stay low in general.

Usually I stay under 20g per day; if they're mostly from veggies I count their net carbs so the total carbs may go as high as 30g or so once in a while.

It varies; If I have one main meal in a day most of the carbs will usually be with that, and a few others for cream in my coffee or a snack. If I have 2 meals in a day the carbs will usually be spread more evenly, and of course a few for my coffee w/cream.