Sat- 22,655

Total = 78,829
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW: 189.2
    CW: 190

I'm sorry I've been a slacker. I am recommitting this month.
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 253.5
    CW: 255.5

Well the Halloween party and Candy got me this week :( . Time to get back on track for next week. Go Team!
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 781 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I was looking at some of the other team chats in our F2F group and members introduce themselves to their teammates.

I’m Daria, a 64 year old married mother of 7, plus two stepchildren, and grandmother to 16.

I joined this group last week of August and have lost about 6 pounds so far. Could stand to lose about 30 more. I’m doing a slow but steady approach. I gained this last round of 40 pounds over about a 10 year period, so my approach is to lose 1/2 to 1 pound per week.

I’ve cut out most alcohol drinking for over the past year and a half and in the last month and a half have been cutting out chocolate.

I’m trying to go low carb and aim for 3 portions of vegetables and 2 fruits per day.

Many say protein fills them up, but I find I feel full if I get my veggies and fruits in.

Hoping to hear from the rest of our Weight No More teammates.

Please introduce yourselves so we can get to know you 😀
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 601 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hey all!

I joined F2F for the October challenge. I’m 48 years old and live in Colorado with my husband, a kid in college and a senior in high school. I have a desk job. My weight has gone up, up, up for the last 5 - 10 years until it hit 196. It’s gotten so hard to lose it. I typically would try cutting down to 1200 calories, but after less than a week, I’d start gaining weight back, and then add 10 lbs. I’m finally figuring out that it’s WHAT I’m eating that’s the problem. Also - without a challenge, the moment I gain weight, I start cheating and give up altogether.

Since I’ve stuck with my plan for the last month, I’ve noticed that my weight might go up one day and down the next, but overall, it’s trending downward, and I’ve lost almost 10 lbs.

The Plan: I started out focusing on weight lifting and macros to try to keep all the hormones of perimenopause balanced. I’ve come to realize that if I simply try to keep my protein over 100g and my fiber over 25g - all while staying under my calories for the week (about 13,000 according to Alan Aragon’s calculator), the macros pretty much take care of themselves. I do three 45 min weight training sessions a week with my daughter, take a walk daily (even if it’s just to the stop sign and back), and typically do two-three 10-20 min spin or HIIT sessions over the course of a week. I don’t find them too onerous since I keep them short.

Anyway - that’s me. Looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish in November!
  • gillwellow
    gillwellow Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in

Last weigh in: 83.6 kg
    Fri weight: 82.6kg

Happy with this (for now). Lots more to go but every step forward, no matter how small, is motivating.
  • pamelacorzine9
    pamelacorzine9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day changed to Friday.
    PW:157
    CW: 155.6
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW 187.4
    Nov 3: 185.4
    Nov 10:
    Nov 17:
    Nov 24:
    Dec 1:

GW (Nov): 180
    Plan: Strength training, daily walk, Protein 100g+, Fiber 25g+
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,329 Member
    Options
    Stimpy56 wrote: »
    Well the Halloween party and Candy got me this week :( . Time to get back on track for next week. Go Team!

@Stimpy56 - Oh boy, Halloween candy got me pretty good this year too. What's your candy of choice?

ksludwig wrote: »
    I'm sorry I've been a slacker. I am recommitting this month.

@ksludwig - No need to apologize! Life happens and sometimes we don't have all the motivation and discipline we'd like. You're impressive for getting back to it!

daria0919 wrote: »
    Many say protein fills them up, but I find I feel full if I get my veggies and fruits in.

@daria0919 - I agree! Fiber does way more for me than protein ever could (although I do quite enjoy my protein). Do you get your fruits and veggies in via snacks or just incorporating them into your meals?

sydditt wrote: »
    I do three 45 min weight training sessions a week with my daughter, take a walk daily (even if it’s just to the stop sign and back), and typically do two-three 10-20 min spin or HIIT sessions over the course of a week. I don’t find them too onerous since I keep them short.

@sydditt - Ooooh! Do you design your weight training sessions yourself or are you following some sort of official plan?

gillwellow wrote: »
    I have improved my diet so much (mostly clean eating) and do lots more physical activity (weights, walking, cardio) and I’ve lost just over 12kg so far. Family, friends and people I barely know (hairdresser) have noticed.

@gillwellow - Doesn't that just feel so good? I remember when people started noticing my weight loss, and some of their comments were the sweetest things. Sure, there were a few folks here and there who weren't sure how to say what they wanted to say, but for the most part, people were really kind.

Weigh in day changed to Friday.

@pamelacorzine9 - I have changed your weigh-day to Friday, thanks for letting us know!

• deskjockey925
    deskjockey925 Posts: 4,905 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, lots of things to respond to in here, let's get started...

Hello Team Weight No More, I'm Diane and new to the Fat to Fit Challenge.
    I live in Delaware, US, I work in a fairly sedentary job remotely at home as an IT Project Manager. I've been married for 35 years. I enjoy cooking, hiking, and hanging with family, especially my grandson.

Wishing you all a successful month.

@deskjockey925 - Welcome aboard, Diane! We're happy to have you here! What's your plan for the month? I'm always interested in the thousands of different ways people focus on their health.

Hi Ashley! My plan for the month is to continue good habits - I have cardio and ST built into my daily schedule. And I also track my food daily. This month in particular, I am focusing on increasing some specific nutrients - Magnesium and fiber. I have been reading a few articles around insulin sensitivity, since I have pre-diabetes blood sugar levels, and it sounds like that might help not only the blood sugar levels but also weight loss in general.

Other than that, I have some projects going live at work, so just trying to manage my work schedule, and glad I am working from home these days.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    ~Step Challenge FINAL Results ~
    OCTOBER WEEK FOUR
    Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 7 (-1)
    Total Steps: 330,189 (-4.22% from last week)
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 47,170

Total Steps for the month: 1,601,159
    The Leaderboard -

@OllieAndEd2021 - 78,829 total | 11,261 average - Most Steps in One Day!!!
    @GarysGirl78 - 74,106 total | 10,574 average
    @daria0919 - 47,400 total | 6,771 average
    @sydditt - 42,478 total | 6,068 average
    @9Harvey- 37,379 total | 5,340 average - Most Consistent!!!
    @BodyTalking - 28,021 total | 4,003 average
    @melaniedscott - 22,066 total | 3,152 average

All of our bolded steppers set a goal and met it, based on their average steps per day! We started the month with with 9 and ended with 7. Not too shabby.

Albout half of us stepped up our game this last week and increased steps. The rest of us decreased ...

I'm going do do a little plug for the step challenge in Nov for all our new and returning peeps. I think I said this before but I'll say it again....If you would like to join our step challenge, post the previous week's steps before...6 pm CST (11 pm UTC) on Wednesday. My goal is to most Wed night or Thursday morning (clearly, I'm not meeting my goal, as it is after 6 on Friday). We track Sun-Sat. So this is Oct's final post and Nov's first week (Oct 29) will get posted Nov 10ish (I KNOW it won't be the 9th, not even going to pretend...working a 12 hour shift, 4 hrs driving). Some people post by the day, some do weekly total. What ever is most comfortable for you.

If you think, oh, I don't do that well, I don't get that many steps, I would always be at the bottom...take a look at my steps...it takes work to step less than me...or maybe the opposite...I'll just leave it at very few people step less than me generally. I joined the step challenge way back when in hopes I could shame myself into walking more. It is obvious I have no shame...

As you can see above, we do a shoutout for most steps in a day and most consistent. If you post weekly only, you won't be in the running there. Sometimes, I make other "awards" up. I almost got biggest slacker again this month but I was too tired and I actually did better this month over last....

We had about 200K fewer steps this month vs September. I know we can do better!

I put the challenge out this month again: Can we break 2 million this month?
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thurs
    Cw 189.2
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed my Friday weigh-in. I've been struggling with a bit of a head cold and just plum forgot 🤧
    Weighing in today instead.

PW: 156.7
    CW:156.5
  • 2BFitgranny
    2BFitgranny Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Username: 2bfitgranny
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 210.5
    Current weight: 212.5
    November goal: 207 (5 pounds)
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 214.2
    Cw- 215.4
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,227 Member
    Options
    The November Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, November 5th. Please join us for the Holiday Happenings Challenge! Expect some lively discussions...hope to see you in the chat thread! Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10902798/november-week-2-group-challenge-holiday-happenings#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Melaniedscott
    Sat weigh in
    PW:235
    CW:235

Sun: 1000
    Mon: 4276
    Tues 4280
    Wed 3884