After dinner snacks

Options
Susan01282022
Susan01282022 Posts: 2 Member
edited October 2023 in Social Groups
Typically, I’ll go all day making great meal choices, then after dinner, I’ll want a little something - last night I started with stewed apples with ghee, cinnamon, and flax seeds. Yummy and satisfying. Then I started thinking about the Halloween candy - I got well into those. The better part of a sleeve of graham crackers - sure! I’m in a stressful time overall with some non dramatic but sad relationship issues going on. Also getting ready to change jobs. Does anyone else have the one time of day when they go off the rails - not from hunger just unbelievable munchies. Hmmmm 🤔

Replies

• Luannelizabeth
    Luannelizabeth Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mid-afternoon is hard for me. I have a cup of tea or two. If I still want something I'll have celery with peanut butter or cheese with a Wasa rye cracker.

After dinner, also hard because my husband is in full snack mode. But he eats salty and after dinner I usually want a little something sweet. Last year, I discovered Crio Bru, that cocao drink that's just made of ground cocoa beans that you brew and steep. It's kinda pricey, so now I buy bags of the beans, roast them in the oven for about 20 minutes and grind them like coffee. I put about 2 tablespoons in a cup with boiling water, steep it for about 10 minutes, and filter it into another cup. Or do it in a French press. Then I add stevia and half-and-half. It satisfies my chocolate craving and it's sweet and creamy. And good for you!