AIP Paleo

Options
idauria
idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
So in my journey to heal my digestive issues, I came across the book Digestive Health with Real Food. It just came out. It's written by a dietitian. She knows her stuff. It's all about leaky gut, FODMAPS, SIBO, IBS, etc etc. It's great. The downside is that I am on a strict elimination diet for the next 4-6 weeks. I can only eat carrots, green beans, spinach, and zucchini and meat, but not chicken because an intolerance test I had taken last month revealed a moderate intolerance to chicken. I realized that I am basically on the autoimmune protocol paleo diet. It's the same premise. You eliminate all foods that are potentially inflammatory or irritating to the gut. I am drinking lots of bone broth. I have cheated with nut butter a few times because I just find myself hungry all the time because I'm not eating enough, but that's bad because it's one of my triggers. I'm not coming here to whine or vent, just to share, especially if there's anyone else out there in the same boat. Maybe this book can help you too!

Replies

• justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    Leaky gut here and following A.I.P with whole 30.
    Thanks for the information..funny,I have serious issues with chicken as well.
    Hope your 4-6 weeks go well.I am planning on at east a year to get past this.
    Are you taking any supplements as well?
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    My dr has me taking reacted magnesium, probiotics, a multi vitamin, vitamin k2 drops, vitamin e, and pancreatin/ox bile extract.
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm currently transitioning from paleo to an AIP paleo diet in hopes of further clearing up some health problems. My only concern is making sure I get enough to eat of the right stuff. Thanks for the book suggestion.