Why I Started This Group

Options
Hello! I was recently diagnosed with Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR) and took a deep dive into learning as much as I could about it. I have never had any sort of (known) gastro issues or heartburn so it took me a while to even believe that my allergy symptoms, my insomnia caused by an inability to swallow, chronic cough, and other respiratory issues were related to reflux! The fact that this is common, but there is so much confusion out there makes it even harder! I have embraced the Acid Watchers Diet by Dr. Jonathan Aviv, and found the best way to track my diet and symptoms is through MFP. I am by no means an angel on this program. It's a lot of fits and starts and mistakes, but I am slowly feeling results.

Until diagnosis, I was in my late 50s and having sort of a resurgence of rebellion involving drinking too much, eating and cooking ALLLL the things, and occasionally indulging in smoky treats. Bad news all around.

I'm no expert. I joined some support groups, but I would love to have some folks like me: former gastro pleasure seekers making some changes WHILE RETAINING A SENSE OF FUN AND HUMOR!

Is this you? I need some friends.