Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
The last month of 2023 is here!!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday!

My headache is better today, @KateNkognito thank you for mentioning!

I hope YOU and your husband feel better. Sigh... Germs stink.

Not much else going on here. Quiet day working remotely and getting stuff done which is good.

I still can't believe today is December 1. Where DID the year go?!

Have a good day and a nice weekend. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I kind of missed the first day of December, but I am feeling better this evening. Tomorrow is my oldest's birthday. I think I will be up to going out to eat with everyone.
    Glad you are feeling better, Meghan!
    Eight o'clock on a Saturday night isn't too early for bedtime, is it? LOL
    Good news is that I was feeling Christmas-y, and I had nothing but time, so I watched all of Hawkeye again.
  • Meghan509
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Good morning!

Sounds like you had a relaxing weekend @KateNkognito! Glad you are feeling better. Nope, 8:00pm is totally not too early to go to bed on a Saturday night! LOL

Both my guy and I were up at like 6:00am on Saturday morning. We decided to go down stairs and fire up the coffee and read for a bit. It was nice. Sunday was the opposite and we slept in to like 9:00am! LOL I find myself enjoying just staying in during the fall and winter months. :) Our friendly neighborhood cat stopped by on Saturday to say hello to us. So cute. Sweet little gray tabby who is SUPER friendly!! I will see if I can add a picture via mobile, so you can see her (we think she's a her) LOL. Edited: IT WORKED! She is so sweet. Sigh... <3

Saturday and Sunday were a combination of productive and quiet. Saturday was grocery shopping. Sunday was laundry. LOL Not too much else in between. Watched a few things on the TV and relaxed. Sunday was rainy, Saturday was nice.

Working from home today and then in the office Tuesday through Friday. Typically I am WFH on Fridays but this Friday is our holiday party / luncheon. It is more of a relaxing and "cost conscious" celebration this year but I think it will still be nice. We will be raffling off a bunch of gifts and gift cards for employees (minus our C-Suite folks) and you have to be present to win so I have to say the odds of leaving the party with a gift are pretty good!! After the party we get to go home and have the rest of the day off. I am excited!!!

Not much else happening here. Hope you have a nice Monday and a good week ahead!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    z5nyfm4yax8a.jpg
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 That sounds like a great weekend! And the kitty is SO ADORABLE! <3 Sounds like a fun day for you on Friday, too. :) Gift cards are my love language. LOL
    I made it through the day and was only gasping for air a little bit. My students missed me. I feel special. 😊
    Have a great week! 8 more days of school for me!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Good, glad you are feeling better @KateNkognito!! Nice when you are missed too! Jeez, time is flying for sure. I am in this week and next week and the following week after that, the week of the 18th I can pretty much work from home since I am off from 12/20 on. Can't wait!

Quiet but productive day here at the office. Fine by me. Getting a bunch of thank you / holiday gifts out the door for a few of our committees. Good times. :)

We are nailing down the last few details of our holiday party for Friday and the CEO was very excited when he heard that we've picked up some beer and wines! LOL

Have a good day and see you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Our friendly neighborhood cat stopped by again last night as I was pulling in from work! She is so funny and cute! Feel bad only petting her for a moment before I head inside. Sigh... She'd come in the house if we let her. LOL

Hope you are having a good day! Productive but been pretty quiet here which is nice. Let's roll in to Christmas and New Year's!!

Have a good day and see you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Where did Tuesday go?! But now we are halfway through the week!
    @Meghan509 Sounds like a good party! LOL Also, you know that is how you get a cat, right? They show up, make you feel guilty, and the next thing you know you are buying a kitty condo and a rhinestone collar. 🐈‍⬛
    Have a great rest of the week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Thursday is here! Friday Eve! Though I do still have to get up early tomorrow to pop in the office, but that's okay because we are able to go home after lunch and have a FREE afternoon! Can't wait!

LOLOL @KateNkognito yes I know what you mean about cats! If our landlord allowed it and if my BF was not allergic we totally would have a cat! I grew up with cats and dogs all my life and I love them. <3

Last night when I pulled in to our driveway after work I looked around for her but she was elsewhere. Sigh... Probably better since it has been rather cold here. We are sitting at a whopping 35 degrees F here at close to 11:00am Eastern. Going to be a cold one today.

Hope your Thursday is a good one! See you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Enjoy your party tomorrow! And your afternoon off!
    We had a cat (the one in my profile pic) that was an outdoor cat. My husband is allergic, too. But the cat had a little spot in the garage for bad weather. Sometimes he would sneak in the house. It never failed that he would be found sleeping on my husband's pillow! LOL
    5 more alarms! Today was pretty good. We are doing human growth and development, so I said the medical terminology for all the bits A LOT. Then after school I helped with science club and then got to hold a baby for a while. Pizza for dinner and now I'm in bed watching TV.
    Have a great weekend! I may not remember to check in tomorrow.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

That is too cute about the cat @KateNkognito! When my BF and I first met, I still had a cat. BF is allergic. She used to go and sleep right on his side of bed whenever she felt like it! Or she would sleep right on the bed between his legs. LOL He used to say, "Your cat is trying to take me out!"

You are on the home stretch! OMG too funny about the lady and man part terminology! Brings back memories of "Health Class" in my sixth grade class, if I recall. The teacher was a big tall guy and very nerdy / awkward. Made it worse! LOLOL

Today is the party! We are all excited. Got the raffle gifts ready. Box wine is in the fridge! LOL Should be a good time.

Hope you have a good day and a nice weekend too! No plans here. Just relaxing. Rainy and windy weather planned for Sunday. Home is good. :)

Have a nice one and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 I hope your party was fun! LOL about the cat!
    Four more alarms! Have a great week!
  • Meghan509
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Good morning!

Monday again. Grumble grumble. :)

I really can't complain. It is not that busy here and I am remote! Rainy crappy day that started last night and ended this AM. 41 degrees F and cloudy. All good. Going to swing by Costco on lunch break today!

Holiday party on Friday was a lot of fun! Everybody loved the raffle gifts! A fun time was held by all.

Weekend was very low key and relaxing. Spent pretty much both days home and relaxing. Got caught up on a few movies on Netflix.

Almost at break, @KateNkognito! I am right behind you. As of today six more alarms for me! Sheesh, that has gone by fast. I feel like I was just off for the week of Thanksgiving!

We are not quite sure what the plan is yet for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Depends on how BF's parents feel. In the mean time just planning what we want to eat and do. :)

Hope you have a good day and a good week ahead! See you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Been sitting on this page for a long time now. Been a pretty busy day! So a quick hello and good bye! LOL

Hope you have a good day. See you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! I made it through the day. Now I am about to fall asleep. It is not even close to bedtime, though. Have a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Productive but quiet day here at the office. All good! Lots of people working remotely or out of the office. I like it when less people are in and bugging me. :wink:

About to eat lunch with my colleague who comes down at around 12:30pm. Drinking my water too!

Hope you have a good day. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Less people is always a good thing, @Meghan509!
    Only one more day for me! I am equal parts excited and exhausted.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Woo hoo @KateNkognito glad to hear you will have a nice break! I have three more alarms and only the Tuesday alarm is the early one! I got this. LOL

Yes, there are definitely more folks in today but they are behaving. :smiley:

Getting a few things done here which is nice. Hoping for a productive but easy last few days.

See you soon!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    It was a good day. We had a school-wide party and the kids had fun. I had a couple of moments today that reminded me why I want to come back. Pretty good day, actually. 😊
    @Meghan509 I hope your last three alarms go well!
    Ok, well, I am off to bed at 5:30 pm and I have zero intentions of getting up before anything less than 15 hours from now.
    Have a good one!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Awww, @KateNkognito I love that. So glad you had a nice time at the party! I see how you bust your rear day in and day out teaching the next generation and deal with its ups and downs, but you wouldn't have it any other way. I just know you are a great teacher. <3 Enjoy your rest and time off!!

Actually had to get up earlier this AM to take my guy to the train station. He has to run in to the City to take his Mom to the Doctor today. She fell at the house on Wednesday night and is having rib pain. :( I am hoping she will be okay and nothing is broken. They are hoping a local doctor or clinic can give her an X-ray. Sigh... Old folks.

Working remotely today and have a dental cleaning appointment this afternoon. Been six months but feels like I was there yesterday! Sheesh.

They said on the news this AM that winter arrives on Thursday of next week! Can't believe how fast time is flying. We got this! I am honestly okay with winter if it behaves. LOL

Some big storm is coming up the coast this coming Sunday. Looks like it shouldn't be too bad for us on the coast and it is starting around 5:00pm. Not a wash out by any means!

Hope you have a nice weekend! I will see you all soon. :)