Shape Shifters Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Hey @frankwbrown are there any badges specifically for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or New Years Day to complete? I've searched but not seeing anything...let me know. Don't wanna miss out! FOUND ONE FOR NEW YEARS EVE...Finish Strong...gonna make sure to do that one...

Also, didn't you post a while back about upcoming things with Garmin badges/challenges in 2024 ...something to do with dancing or dance cardio?? Can you repost that please?
    Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Steps 5236
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @Jenhul @magnusMLQ @lianatherunner Please post your steps for the full prior week. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    ko0sh6r2e4hf.jpg
    Missing 5 weigh-ins from this week:
    @Cyncia85 x2
    @angmarie28
    @bearchested
    @murdog3t
    @CasandraW

Please post ASAP! Thanks!

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    The December Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Dec 24th. Please join us for the Sharing is Caring Challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905561/december-week-4-group-challenge-sharing-is-caring-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope you'll join us this week!
    Jessica :blush:
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,425 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Hey @frankwbrown are there any badges specifically for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or New Years Day to complete? I've searched but not seeing anything...let me know. Don't wanna miss out! FOUND ONE FOR NEW YEARS EVE...Finish Strong...gonna make sure to do that one...

Also, didn't you post a while back about upcoming things with Garmin badges/challenges in 2024 ...something to do with dancing or dance cardio?? Can you repost that please?
    Jessica
    I don't know of a badge for Christmas Eve/Day (I think they intentionally omit that for fear it would be controversial), but there's:
    • December 31st - Strong Finish: Record an activity on New Year's Eve.
    • January 1st - Start Strong: Record an activity on New Year's Day.
    I read about the dance-related badges a while back on the following website. This guy always seems to know about the upcoming month's badges several days in advance. Either he works there, or knows someone, because he's in the know on all things Garmin Badge/Challenge related. He has a blog where he posts this information. I looked back through his blog archive and found this post (on September 26th, 2023) where he mentioned "dance fitness". He lists 13 new dance-related badges in this post. I've seen no further mention since then:
    https://blog.garminbadges.com/2023/09/lots-of-new-badges-on-way-dance-fitness.html

You can view all available badges in Garmin Connect, but you can also view them on this blog:
    https://garminbadges.com/index.php

And, if you register on the site and install an extension in your browser, you can see your progress on the challenges you've joined (as well as others you don't have to join). For example, here's a link to my current challenges:
    https://garminbadges.com/challenges.php?userId=2306
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    CasandraW
    PW 217
    CW 220
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,425 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 12/22: 10,673
    Sat 12/23: 19,030 a good day

Today's the day my family will be getting together, so no breakfast for me! I'm in charge of dessert so I'm bringing pie and ice cream!

Merry Christmas Eve, Shape Shifters!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,322 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

x4npy8vuyfl6.png
    f68kj9n6w94s.png

A Quick Note: It's so easy to be discouraged by the number on the scale this time of year, but remember that our bodies are doing everything they can to keep us alive. It takes in more water to process excess salt and sugars, needs time to grow new muscle, doesn't work as effectively when stressed or sick... grant yourself some grace, grant your body some grace, and know that a few bad decisions will not undo months and months and months of progress.

You're doing better than you think. Happy Holidays!

Team Results
    By Percentage
    q3d41zs9miip.png

By Pounds
    ziwjeriwecpf.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    h5oyeksumwr3.png

By Pounds
    uwf09b03m13w.png
    7nwxwcpfm3oi.png

Team Winners
    sgy43u9t91ip.png
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    Sunday steps 1779
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 Mine are just simple cookies from the grocery store. I always stock up on a few packages because I really like these cookies. I can fit two cookies in my day, yesterday I had 4. It was nice!
    30y7rdbuv7ci.jpg
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Steps
    12/22 3,758
    12/23 6,230
    12/24 7,720
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    edited December 2023
    Options
    ed8hfcugmk8s.jpg
    Dinah and I wanna wish everyone happy holidays.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,714 Member
    Options
    Hi SS ..You have a returning member back on your team ... Please welcome @abowersgirl :)
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Steps

12/20: 11,106
    12/21: 9,550
    12/22: 7,013
    12/23: 6,330
    12/24: 5,534

So sorry I forgot to post earlier!
This discussion has been closed.