Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Ah, it wasn't raining the day I came home to find the house decorated but it sure was nice! I think it's raining now. The party was fun, thanks! How sweet of you to get the kitties a little something. I didn't get anything for the pups and I should have lol. Enjoy the new plants! I hope you can get the allergy shots and that they help.

@FushiaKat Happy Holidays! I hope you like your gift, how exciting! Good luck with the Christmas contest!

@AmbersWay That's strange about your scale. Thank you, it was! I hope the feroglobin supplements help out. Happy Anniversary! 30 years, wow fantastic!

@Cornanda I love Abe Books. I did have fun at the party! Thanks! Merry Christmas to you as well!

@gemwolf110 Everything in moderation is a good plan! Enjoy the casserole.

Hi all! I didn't realize I didn't get on here yesterday whoops. I worked from home because I had a hearing test done mid-day. My hearing is fine, it turns out. The problem is my husband is a low talker lol. I always go, "WHAT???" because I can't hear him. Now, I have confirmation of that lol. It's going to be a rainy day today. I hate driving so far to work and back in the rain but have no choice.

DEC STEP CHALLENGE FOR YESTERDAY: 4,329 out of 6,000 steps per day

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    @katmary71 – So sorry! I forgot...or subconsciously I don’t want to look at the numbers steadily increasing…
    PW: 211.0
    CW: 212.4
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Options
    @trooworld & @Katmary71 – Sounds like all 3 of us need to stay away from coffee makers! Hahaaha!
    @badnoodle – I am so sorry. Hugs and prayers for your dad to heal quickly and peace for your family.

I’ve been slammed at work for year-end plus my surgery tomorrow. So let me apologize in advance if I happen to type something weird on here the next few days…it’s the fault of the pain killers!

Happy news – found out Hunter’s having a girl so that will give me 2 granddaughters and 2 grandsons. Babies are so freaking FUN! And I was right – my DIL did get Sophie and Byron matching Christmas outfits. Here are my cuties:
    q2kfouj0qtkq.jpg

On a serious note, I am trying so hard not to beat myself up about this huge weight gain (about 15 pounds in 2 months). I just need to focus on nipping it in the bud NOW. I bought groceries yesterday and got a lot of veggies. The only faux meat I bought was some seitan-based chikn strips for my salad. Other than that, my home is now mainly filled with produce, grains, beans, tvp and tofu. I did pick up some pasta & sauce, but got the chickpea pasta for the added protein. Now I just have to make sure I eat all the goodness instead of grabbing fast food.
    And on with my hectic day…TTYL, my sweet peeps!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Yum that casserole looks amazing, that will be nice to have ready to go in the freezer.

@AmbersWay Great I'm so glad to hear the scale's calmed down. Sounds like you need that infusion, that tiredness sounds like it's hard to get anything done. Happy anniversary!

@Cornanda I'm not sure if the book clubs get a jump or not but if you have a group they get books together for everyone. I'd imagine the book clubs read recent releases so I'm not sure how that's handled. @trooworld do you know?

@865jessica Have fun on your trip with the family!

@trooworld Thanks! Hahaha shame on husband making you think you need a hearing aid!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you! Haha my coffee maker leaked today, I took the cover off the carafe so I'm not sure why this time. Good luck with surgery tomorrow, I'll be praying for you! My Dad's having surgery tomorrow too and you're both in my prayers. Sophie and Byron are too adorable, I love it! It's wonderful they're having their kids around the same time, I loved growing up with my cousins. Sounds like great prep for eating well, you did great!

Hi friends! I got the last seeding done for the year, I'm worn out today. I'm in the middle of making Armenian gatas waiting for the dough to chill for a few hours to bake, hopefully I won't be up too late. I'm getting my hair done tomorrow then running by the holistic pain group for a wire I need then headed to the charity president's house to learn something about yahoo groups, I'm looking forward to a mellow Saturday! Have an awesome Friday team! Oh and I'm going out of my way to eat healthier, had Trader Joe's harvest chili for lunch and apple harvest salad for dinner. I have to get back to making my good salads instead of buying them.

@Veta2018 @bethanie0825 @Cornanda @davors19 @trooworld Please remember to post your weigh-ins tomorrow, good luck!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    @trooworld- I had a hearing test a couple years ago and I did well on it. My family still doesn't believe the results, but I remind them when they give me a hard time.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - two girls and two boys- that's awesome! They are sooooo cute in the pic with their little bare feet! Wishing you well on the surgery.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    Options
    Trooworld
    Fridays
    PW: 235.2
    CW: 237.8
  • trooworld
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Same, girl. Same. I had a rough week. I hope the surgery goes well today. Oh the babies are so frigging cute! And congrats on another granddaughter! Sounds like you got some healthy groceries. That's great.

@Katmary71 Hmmm...I'm not sure. My library isn't a public library so I don't have that experience in this case. Congrats on getting the seeding done! I hope you enjoy your mellow Saturday tomorrow. Apple harvest salad sounds amazing, and so does the chili!

@Cornanda HAHAHA! Yeah, that's what I will do too lol.

Hi all. It didn't rain yesterday but allegedly will rain today. That's fine, I'm working from home all day. Since my husband's year-end is now (he's in accounting), it's been a rough eating week. Last night, we had sandwiches and chips. Today, I'm making beef stew which will be perfect on a rainy day.

DEC STEP CHALLENGE FOR YESTERDAY: 5,362 out of 6,000 steps per day

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 250
    CW: 253
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Username: Veta2018
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    SW (Starting weight): 180 lbs
    PW (Previous Weight): 153 lbs.
    CW (Current Weight): 152 lbs.

Hello,
    Hope y'all are doing well. I've been busy. Did some shopping yesterday. Today I need to finish wrapping presents. It's going to be three days of celebrating with family. Tomorrow, we go to Chicago.
    It will be my oldest sons 28th birthday. We had a nice lunch together earlier this week. He will be celebrating with us for the first time in over 7 years. I'm prepping shish kabob's (chicken, beef, and pork with veggies), and baking cookies. Christmas Eve, we go to my in-laws. Then, I invited our 3 boys and FIL over for Christmas Day Brunch. I need to make sure I make time for my workouts to help with any extra calories I might consume. I'm only concerned about Christmas Eve, because I'm not sure what my MIL has planned yet. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Options
    Surgery ended up being a bit more intense than anticipated, but I'm through it. And super sucks that I'll have to be non-weight-bearing for awhile. Scooterville here I come...

@Katmary71 I'm going to need to take a break from weighing in since I don't know how much this boot brace weighs yet
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld Thanks! I'm sure your husband has been super busy, beef stew will be a wonderful treat! You have me thinking of that beef and barley soup now!

@Veta2018 I'm so glad you'll be spending your oldest son's birthday with him, the meal sounds perfect. I hope your holidays go well and you're able to get the workouts in. Thank you, have a wonderful Christmas and safe travels.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I hope everything was able to be repaired during surgery, that's one big boot you posted on your feed! I hope you're not in too much pain, that boot will be tough to lug around.You're the first person to stop weighing for me, I sent a message out to see what to do but promise not to nag you for a weigh-in.

Hi team! Had my hair touched up, the curls already fell out but it still looks nice. I made the Nazook (gatas) and took some to a few neighbors, The charity president was sick so I didn't go over to learn the program which made time for baking. I got the mellow day today that I needed, maybe time for some reading tomorrow. I just finished Britney Spears's autobiography and started The Family Upstairs which I'm off to read now. Have a great night friends!

@littlebabekitty @bethanie0825 @Cornanda please post your weigh-ins, best of luck!

@865jessica @askewcr @Digger61 @gemwolf110 @tammymccrady6278 Friendly reminder tomorrow is weigh-in time, good luck!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 179.4
    CW: 179.2
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 195.8
    CW 195.5.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 211.8
    Today’s Weight: 210.8
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Veta2018 Congrats on the loss! Sounds like you have a busy, but fun, 3 days ahead of you. Have a great Christmas!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Sorry it was rough. I wish you a speedy recovery.

@Katmary71 It came out really good! I'm probably going to make beef and barley soup next week. :) I'm glad you got your baking done. I've heard the Britney memoir is really good, what did you think?

@Cornanda @tammymccrady6278 @gemwolf110 Congrats on the losses!

Hi all. I've been busy making last-minute presents. This morning, I have to go to Trader Joe's first thing before it is insane and get stuff to make a charcuterie board. I enjoy making those and it was requested I make one for tomorrow by my MIL. My husband is making homemade lasagna (handmade pasta, sauce from Roma tomatoes...I'm surprised he doesn't make the ricotta himself!). Have a great Christmas Eve!

• 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Weigh in -Saturday
    PW- 236.2
    CW-237.4
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 257
    CW: 260
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    CW: 130.2
    PW: 130.4
    Maintenance range: 127-133, center weight 130.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld That's great, sounds like a good filling meal would hit the spot especially with the chilly weather and busy husband. Thanks! It was an interesting read, she comes across a lot younger like when someone's been through hard trauma young and tends to stay that age emotionally. She never mentioned bipolar disorder in the book either but was on medication for it, not sure if she feels it was something to control her with or she believes she doesn't have it which would've been interesting to know if there's mental health instability for her to genuinely have had a conservatorship (her Dad really does sound like he took advantage whether there's a diagnosis or not). Her acting out happened when Kevin kept her from seeing her boys which would be understandable. Her description of what she's doing these days on Instagram dancing in sexy clothes is in her words wanting to simply be happy and bond with her fans while trying on new clothes so it sounds like it comes from an innocent place. Like at one point she says how she always thrashes her head around as long flyaway hair makes men think she's happy having fun like she's doing it to make others happy and not herself. Her Dad's dad put two of his wives in mental institutions so makes you wonder if it was a learned controlling thing her Dad was doing to her. I do feel sorry for her reading it and believe things are hard with her family, I've always wondered if she may need a conservatorship of someone looking out for her who is more neutral and less strict if she tends to break from reality. This got super long sorry! Interesting situation though but would be awful to go through.

@trooworld Oh a ricotta cheese kit for your husband would be an awesome gift! You could grow the herbs for the lasagna in your Aerogarden, that would be awesome! My most fun meals are from my garden or the food bank farm produce.

Thanks team for the weigh-ins! Don't forget to get your weigh-ins @littlebabekitty @bethanie0825 and @Digger61 don't forget your weigh-in tomorrow!

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone! I'll still be popping in but know we'll all be in and out the next few days, hope you have the most special time ever. Thank you for being like a family here, I feel very blessed to have all of you in my life.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    The December Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Dec 24th. Please join us for the Sharing is Caring Challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905561/december-week-4-group-challenge-sharing-is-caring-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope you'll join us this week!
    Jessica :blush:
This discussion has been closed.