Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 It's not drama and you're welcome to share here, I hope someone else having a similar experience helped you feeling like you overshared. I have a hard time this time of year too so hopefully we can all help each other out. I hear you about missing the garden!

Hi friends, quiet around here tonight! Poor Jasper had an awful day yesterday, thank goodness he's back to feeling better today but I'd touched base with friends to get names of vets and hospitals just in case. No more gravy with milk, that's the only thing that I can think of that was different. I also tried a pretty good recipe a friend recommended to me, a ground turkey and sweet potato skillet: https://theschmidtywife.com/ground-turkey-sweet-potato-skillet/ . Have a great Friday!

Steps: probably about 2000
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 - OMG, Vannie is SO CUTE!

Hi team! I'm around, but not very often nor for very long. I have time to read the posts, but not really time to respond. Rich's schedule at work was changed, and it's just thrown us into chaos. We are in each other's way in the morning. In the evenings, we are both too tired to go out, and neither of us wants to eat very much that late in the evening. It's been soup for supper every night; good thing we both like soup. I'm making white chicken chili for next week.

-Mica
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 178.5
    CW: 178.3
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    Trooworld
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 235.2
    CW: 235.4

+0.2 lbs
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 You are welcome! Yes, the zest is enough to flavor the cookies perfectly. I wouldn't add any extract or juice, that would be too much. They might be good crispy...they are sort of chewy. They are really good, good luck! I'm glad you sound like you are taking care of yourself. I'm sorry Jasper isn't feeling well, how is he today? I'm glad he seemed to be doing better yesterday. Thanks for the recipe.

@Veta2018 Thanks. I appreciate it! Listening to music and cleaning house sounds like a good distraction. I'm sorry that you don't have any new holiday traditions. I would miss mine if I didn't have them. You sound like you have some good, healthy self-care habits in place, that's great.

@laurelfit57 Exactly! LOL No worries about the chat app, it will be totally OPTIONAL and just a way to add on support, should someone be struggling. Please don't feel like you have to use it, should the survey deem it wanted. This will still be the main way of contact. Vanny is just the sweetest pup! I'm glad she has a vet she likes. Those photos are so cute. Just adorable. That's funny, about Paisley!

@Cornanda I loved Demon Copperhead. Yes, it's long and it is depressing at times, but so well written and the story is great! Good luck getting through those 500+ pages! LOL

HI all. I woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday, not a good start to the day lol. I'm glad this week is over, it's been tough between the migraines and the cookie exchange/eating too many cookies and general lack of sleep. I do have a bunch of cookie dough balls frozen but I am just lazy enough not to bake them lol.

Have you filled out the 2-question survey regarding a chatting app yet? Please fill it out by TODAY December 8th at noon PST:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfVC0rw6EnCOge1m07d_MYPJgR56_-T9wqkIrdx7TqBlPSRaQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

DEC STEP CHALLENGE FOR YESTERDAY: 6,568 out of 6,000 steps per day

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @Laurelfit57 I missed a Vannie pic so we must've been posting at the same time again! I love the photo of her, talk to the hand! I adore her bow.

@micaroo4 Great to see you! Sounds like a tough schedule for you and Rich right now, I hope it gets easier.

@Cornanda Oh I looked those up, thanks! I'm reading On the Way to Christmas by Sheila Roberts, Melissa Ferguson and Amy Clipston novellas, the first one was about a woman who was pretty snobby and changed her ways going back to her hometown trying to make amends which was good but I doubt someone like she used to be would change that much just being fired but I'm trying not to think of that. I think I've read the first two you mentioned, I screenshot Christmas Box to check out later as I haven't read it. I put a hold on Season of Wonder as I don't recall it but my Mom and I usually read those two and Debbie Macomber every winter. Thanks! I'd had a hold on Demon Copperhead and it must've come up as it's gone so I placed another. Hahaha we're not going to see you at all when Demon Copperhead shows up!

@trooworld Thank you I bought oranges to try them out, I love what chocolate so can't wait to try them. I worked at a cookie store and we had white chocolate macadamian cookies and I ate a lot of them! Hm maybe I'll do a small batch of crispy for Mom. Any tips on what to use the orange extract for now? Oh no waking up thinking it was Saturday and finding out it isn't stinks! Darn migraines I wish something would come out to help more. I'm going to post a link to a fun music Soul Train video, I think you'll love it! There's something to be said for NOT having all the celebrations and upheaval, I'm always more than ready to go back to eating healthy after Christmas.

Hi team! I'm about to leave for the Food bank volunteer event then the charity, my feet are so bad today I want to stay home but I'm putting my holiday walker wrap with gnomes on my walker and wearing winter white and will make the best of it. I'd bought 2 4-packs of small chocolate gifts for the charity board but two are diabetic, I've seen them eat sweets before but don't know if it's right to gift them these now so I grabbed a couple body butters but that makes things weird if the other two would've preferred those so I guess I won't gift them anything or maybe give the body butters to the two I'm closest with later which are the two with diabetes. What do you all think? Should've just gotten them all gift cards to Starbucks since I have so much credit, haha. Have a great Saturday friends!https://youtu.be/PbfOstcxvwU?si=49N3OtnYJp8jjXr1

I fully fangirled out and screamed at some of these singers that I haven't seen in ages, I was a huge Soul Train fan and love 80s R&B
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 488 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @katmary71 i’m so glad that Jasper is better today, glad you found some names of vets to have on hand, that’s the last thing you need to try to figure out at the last minute if something is wrong. Gravy with milk sounds like heaven for a cat!
    Haha @Katmary71 whether I am posting early or late you and I seem to always be posting at the same time! Just as I was pasting this in, I noticed that you posted right in front of me🤣. I hope you have a good time tonight, your walk sounds like you are totally getting into the Christmas spirit and your outfit sounds absolutely delightful. It is always a challenge when you have to buy for several people and there are considerations you have to take in with one or two people. Always a tricky call! I am going to listen to that music that you posted after I get out of here. I hope you have a great time tonight!

@ micaroo4 vannie is a pip for sure! Sounds like you and Rich have a very crazy schedule right now, hopefully things will slow down a little for you.

@Cornanda I have not read any Christmas stories for years, I used to watch the Christmas movies on TV as well, I need to get back into those sorts of things. I’m afraid that I can’t focus when I read books anymore but I do a ton of audiobooks!

@trooworld I definitely know my limits now, my motto these days is definitely the kiss method! Lol. How disappointing to think it was Saturday and you actually had to go to work.😫. I think you did extremely well this week with your weigh in with that cookie exchange, and having migraines, good job!

Today was a relatively quiete day, which was nice for a change! My grand kiddos did not come over after school today, there is a stomach bug going around their school, and Paisley is not feeling well, so they will keep their germs at their house. I got a bunch of Christmas shopping done this morning which was lovely. I am also trying to give my bedroom a bit of a facelift on a budget. I am going to be doing a total renovation here in about five years, so I am trying to keep things in control. I found a new headboard on Wayfair and got some pretty new bedding, so that will be my project tonight.
    Vannie is so unimpressed with me sitting down with the iPad on my lap and my phone in my hand, doing up my note for here. First, she literally laid down right across the iPad. Then when I was finished with the iPad and just dictating this note into my phone, she moved up, laid across my stomach and is just gently trying to knock the phone out of my hand with her head, so I can pet her rather than hold onto my phone🤣. This little girl always entertains me.
    I will go and give this girl a little attention now so I can get to work. Hope everybody had a great Friday!

jwesrekxpe9n.jpeg
    xuciilrl4jel.jpeg
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 594 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Username: Veta2018
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    SW (Starting weight): 180 lbs
    PW (Previous Weight): 156 lbs.
    CW (Current Weight): 155 lbs.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 276 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @Veta2018 I’m trying to catch up on 28 missed posts but I had to stop at yours. I felt you put so much heart into it. So happy that your younger son is doing so well and pray your other son is able to heal his heart. ❤️

@19shmoo69 I agree with your post about enjoying reading post. It really is a close knit group.

@megnolia82 congrats on the new belt size. 👏🏻

@trooworld the freezing cookie ball tip is great 👍🏻 I may do that for the kids. So I don’t get tempted and they can enjoy.

@laurelfit57 what a cute fur baby! Vannie is adorable 🥰. Your words about handling adult children was so well put. My eldest went through a period, I took a step back and she’s come around, even going as far as recognizing some good points to our ways in raising her. I about fell off my rocker. Some times we just have to give them space to find there way back to us.

@Katmary71 I was reading about the chili cook off and cornbread. Now I am changing my lunch plans 😂 yum yum yum! Glad you seem to be doing better and Jasper on the mend. Good days!

Well things have continued to be busy around here and not in ways that have been productive with exercise. My steps were down and no time to track meals regularly. I feel I’m really struggling to stay on track. Ups and downs daily. Still here and grateful to have this group to return to. I think Vets posted 100 days and what she lost. I need to do something like this. A time and goal. Small ones.

Otherwise, kids are ok. My youngest wants to return to her old school. She misses her friends. She had moved to the new branch (private school) and she’s just not happy without her friends. My son is now studying urology now which is fun. We can discuss things. My botched surgery for a tumor removal sent me to urology to reconstruct my system. So now we can talk shop, at least that craziness can be beneficial. My eldest has all kinds of things going on. School and work changes. My husband still doesn’t have full function of his left arm but he looks much better. He’s on the go now.

Went to an outdoor dinner around the fire at a friend’s last night and allergies got me today but it was so nice. 😊

Thats all here 🥰
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    CW: 130.0
    PW: 130.2
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 211.4
    Today’s Weight: 208.4
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 - thank you for the book ideas!

@laurelfit57 - Vannie is so cute and funny!

Demon Copperhead was delivered yesterday, so I guess I must get to work on it.

Lisa
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 197
    CW195.5

Well I have hit my my first goal! The one I thought I would never meet lol. A year and a bit ago when I set it I just wanted to put in a number that was under the 200 mark but didn’t think I would ever meet it. I didn’t know how to do it and through all of you guys I slowly have learned that it isn’t always about the number but the mind set of loving yourself for who you are right now and learning to do things that’s going to make me feel better both mentally and physically. Thank you for that. Now if you all could just change my mind about darn exercising lol. I have found some you tube videos for beginners that don’t look too bad so I plan to try them.

I got the house all decorated for the holidays this week and there is a little snow on the ground so I’m feeling pretty festive. This is my favorite time of year. The hustle and bustle in the stores. The music. Family. Well and let’s be truthful here all the goodies too lol. I haven’t started my baking yet cuz I’m afraid I will eat it. But I will have to soon as we are hosting Christmas dinner this year. Here are some pics of the decorations.
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    o7b0bm85xemh.jpeg
    cs4am9exn2ft.jpeg
    bqeljq898hao.jpeg
    biggue8vt8cq.jpeg
    c8i22xoh9oy4.jpeg
    nnypiq0szgns.jpeg
    yevmxwvijecf.jpeg
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Weigh in- Saturday
    PW- 238
    CW-240.4

Gained a little this week. I've done holiday baking with kids and been enjoying myself with treats. Not going to beat myself up about it. My goal for this up coming week is to go back to my reliable breakfast and lunch choices and easy way off snacking.

I hope you all are having a lovely holiday season.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 258.5
    CW: 257
    B)
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 I LOVE white chocolate macadamia nut cookies! Hmmm...I don't know about the extract, let me see if I have any recipes with it. Yes, I do! Here is one:
    Best Homemade Orange Rolls - https://thestayathomechef.com/orange-rolls/
    I also found this on the Internets: 1 teaspoon of orange zest = ½ teaspoon of orange extract, so you could use it in any dessert-type of thing that calls for zest. Also, this category on Allrecipes: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipes/17865/ingredients/extracts-and-flavorings/orange-extract-and-oil/
    Yeah, I tried a sample of Nurtec that my coworker gave me but it didn't help 100%. I'm ready for healthy eating as well. Thanks for the video. Jody Watley! I used to like her. She looks and sounds fabulous! Wow, this video is fabulous. I used to love Soul Train as well. That and American Bandstand. This is bringing back memories, thanks! I'm sorry about your feet. Does anything help? Does soaking them in epsom salt help? I think it was very thoughtful of you to get gifts for them. I'm sure they will appreciate anything you give them. Wow, now Sheila E. is on...I'm so happy! I'm dancing in my seat!!! I am loving this. I am fangirling too lol. That led me down the path of visiting the Soul Train channel and they have more Pass The Mic videos, so I'm about to watch more lol.

@laurelfit57 KISS is the way to go! :) Yeah, that was disappointing. Thank you! That's good the grandkids spared you their germs lol. How fun to redo your bedroom and on a budget is a nice challenge! Vannie! She's so funny.

@Veta2018 Congrats on the loss!

@AmbersWay Yes, it works pretty well! It's hard to stay on track this time of year. Can you set a small goal to achieve to get a "win"? That's too bad your youngest is not happy at her new school. Will your husband regain full function of his left arm? I'm glad you got out with friends.

@gemwolf110 Congrats on that loss!

@tammymccrady6278 WOO HOO!!! Congrats on hitting your first goal! I miss snow but not driving in it. This time of year is fun. I love your decorations, thank you so much for sharing the fun. I especially love the kitty under the tree! And the fireplace and mantle with all the Santas is beautiful.

@865jessica You got this, Jessica!

Hi all. We had a splurge meal last night, we went to a really good burger place. I shared fries/onion ring combo with my husband and got a burger and that was a perfect amount. I've got a lot of running around to do today. It will be busy. Have a great day!

DEC STEP CHALLENGE FOR YESTERDAY: 4,185 out of 6,000 steps per day

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. Below are the results for the chatting app survey. Based on the responses, I created an account on the Kik app for myself under the username "trooworld". I couldn't create a private group without knowing anyone to add to the group, so if you add me as a friend, I can create a private group just for the Slimpossibles and I can share the link to that once I set it up. If anyone knows a different way to set up a private group in Kik let me know.

I want to say all this with a caveat: I do not want this app to replace this discussion board. Please continue to come here and post.

App link: https://kik.com/

rea3n2h4bo60.png
  • trooworld
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Here's a QR code to my profile:

km25kysxo4hg.jpg
This discussion has been closed.