a2ie87dul260.png

By Pounds
    pfynxo4xklzp.png

Team Winners
    9nfxtlpwjw3g.png
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am so far behind, I will just start out catching up on posts in December. Please forgive me for not commenting more, but I will read it all!

@Micaroo huge congrats on walking 2023 miles in 2023!!!

@Ambersway 🎉 huge congratulations on the 20 pounds down!!

@txcritter69 it’s great that you and your husband have that support from each other that you can really buckle down and go out the year with a bang!

@badnoodle Huge, huge congratulations to you for losing 100 pounds! Your goals for December are very similar to mine, I have very specific yoga/stretch goals.
    I used to have the same issue with the boxes. Luckily, I have a neighbour who lives right next-door, he does some kind of thing with estate sales or some thing where he needs to box up and catalogue a bunch of stuff so now he takes all my boxes. I love my new neighbor.🤣

Caught up for December, I will try not to get so far behind again.
    When I got strep throat, and then Covid, I only felt really sick for about three days, then I felt physically fine. It was my energy and then found out my lungs that are still recovering. For about two weeks by 2 o’clock I was done, up tothat point my energy had been great. I tried to take it easy but we were planning my mom‘s 95th birthday and I had a ton of company coming in. I didn’t go to either the gym or agility for over three weeks, I just didn’t have the energy. When I went back to agility, I started to run and only got about four jumps, I thought I was going to pass out. My lungs were just screaming. I had no idea that was going on because I hadn’t done any type of cardio for three weeks. My energy is getting better, still not anywhere what it used to be and I really haven’t been able to do any cardio. I am going to try spin class tomorrow, i will take it easy, stay seated, and probably only do 30 minutes. I think spin is much easier than actually running around an agility course.🥴. I tried to do weights last week, I did really really small weights and was just getting range of motion going. I thought I was good. I also went to a hot Yin yoga, and just did super simple stretching, not pushing it at all. I was so stiff and sore the next three days it was like I was lifting 100 pound weights! I’m going to try the gym again this week, I will take it even easier than I did last week. Unfortunately, my Dr is away on vacation so I can’t see her until next week.
    I have been sort of stuck at 146 pounds for about a month and really want to get some movement going. I’m not unhappy with that, quite often I gain weight when I am sick and or tired, and I also had company with me for a week, so maintaining was a good thing. I know this will be really challenging, but my goal is to lose 6 pounds this month, I won’t be really upset if that does not happen, it’s just the goal :-). I’m also going to have to figure out how to get into here to catch up on posts and do my post before 430. By 5 o’clock my brain is done lol
    Excited to be back and at it for December!
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey there everyone! I'm a stay at home mom of three boys and married for 13 years to a wonderful man. I've struggled with my weight as an adult. It just kept going up over the years and then once I got married I really started gaining. I struggled to lose weight and have tried several times over the years would always lose some then would gain it all back plus some. This is the longest time I've been successful with weight loss. I started in June 2023 and still sticking to it.
    Let's finish this year strong everyone!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @Veta2018 Thanks for letting me know where it went so I know I'm totally losing it, ROFL! I think that's the day I mailed a Christmas package to myself instead of my Godparents.

• Katmary71
    Options
    Veta2018 What kind of music and books do you like? That sounds like a real disappointing appointment I'm sorry. Congratulations on getting the tree up! I'm still debating on getting a little one.

@AmbersWay Aw happy early anniversary to you! I'm so glad you've stuck around despite everything you've had going on this last year. I'm sure I've said this before but don't feel like you have to comment or reply to everyone, I know when I started if I'd miss a night or two and end up way behind I started not wanting to come on only because I felt bad if I didn't catch up but didn't always have time to answer a lot of people so I've started jumping back in or doing what I can instead and it's worked for me.

@trooworld Boy you'd be an awesome walking partner, you know Orangevale is beautiful this time of year hint hint! A jewelry party would be fun, hope you find something special for yourself. Score finding something for you AND your bestie! You'll have to share what's in the beauty advent calendar how fun! Good luck with the toilet, I hope you get it working.

@AmbersWay WOOT WOOT 20lbs down, wtg!

@lindamtuck2018 Thank you for reposting my misplaced post!

@Cornanda Interesting when you put the 30 minutes a day as 930 a month it's real impressive, what a great way to think of it. Thank you!

@micaroo4 Congratulations on the amazing miles walked this year!

@laurelfit57 Hope you're having a blast with the little ones! It sounds like you're being smart about taking things slow with workouts, pretty scary how hard you've been hit, I hope you're able to make a full recovery soon.

@txcritter69 Fascinating I always wondered what Texas critter you were and here I've had it wrong the whole time! I'm glad you and your hubby are on the same page to end this year eating healthy.

@badnoodle Congratulations on 100lbs down, how amazing! Those are great goals for December, I see you doing well with them!

MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES congratulations on 3rd place by percentage and pounds this last week!

@badnoodle @Veta2018 @Cornanda Great job top winners at losing!

MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES ROCKING NOVEMBER coming in 2n place for percentage and pounds, go team!

@Veta2018 @steffibabiie @1969shmoo69 Great job top winners!

@DebJB30 I'm glad you're back home, sounds like your Mom is where she needs to be right now. Gentle hugs to you. Keeping your weight steady right now is very impressive!

@865jessica You're doing great with your track record, keep up the awesome job!

Hi friends! I went with my brother's family to my parent's house last night and we helped with their Christmas decorations. My Mom decided to make a Thanksgiving dinner, it's my 4th one in the last month not counting leftovers (3 were with family so surprised she did that) and they aren't helping me stop my weight gain at all but of course I'm eating everything. Today I met a friend for ice cream as it was her birthday, her Mom came (her Mom's the nicest person and doesn't go out much because she's on oxygen and hauling around the tank is hard). Her Mom spilled her water and was upset feeling like it wasn't worth it to go out. I didn't do it on purpose but spilled my water in my lap and dropped ice cream on my shirt two different times and she had fun laughing at me- I'm ok with that as I think it made her feel better though she may not want to be seen with such a klutz now. I spent so many years in bed if I can help someone get out I'm happy to do it plus I adore her. I have to go to Costco tomorrow to return something which I hadn't wanted to do until I've healed more but have to return a gift, figure the sooner I get it done the better. Have a great Monday team!

Steps: Yesterday 6,723. Today: 5061

Going to go stick them in the spreadsheet before I forget, night!
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Just popping in for a weigh in. Will do more when it’s not so late.

Sleepygirl79
    Weigh in:Sunday
    SW: 232.2
    PW:Skipped
    CW:222.4
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Happy Monday!

@badnoodle- Congrats! Losing 100 pounds is something to be very proud of. Go you!

@DebJB30 - Glad you have some help with your Mom, that must be so hard. Good job keeping your weight steady in such a stressful situation.

Lisa
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Beth and I've been chronically late with weigh-ins the past month :neutral:

CW - 266

I'm bouncing w/in the same 5lbs but that's my fault. I've let my discipline slip.

Work and home have been busy! I work in a 911 center and last week, we had all new arrays (the arms that hold all the screens in place) and 4 new monitors put in. Home has just been busy bc of holidays and my hubs birthday this week. I took him to a steakhouse Saturday evening; it was amazing and fancy.

I've been dealing with a sinus infection that has finally let go. I didn't want antibiotics for the 4th time in six months so I'm super grateful it went away on its own. I also have hellacious heel pain which is zero fun.

I hope everyone has a great week!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    You guys, look at all these victories!!!

@tammymccrady6278 @littlebabekitty ONEDERLAND!!!
    2a87zwv9ejgo.jpg

@badnoodle 100 lbs lost, wow!
    gf1b3npr0h83.jpg

@broncobuddee @865jessica 40 lbs down way to go!
    191yoo7csc9u.png

@19shmoo69 @laurelfit57 30 lbs down way to go!
    ldqi9p681t0e.png

@Veta2018 @steffibabiie way to go 20 lbs down!
    cbk3av0vea7c.png

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the whole team for achieving 3rd place by both percentage and pounds for the week and 2nd place for the month! A special shout-out to @broncobuddee @steffibabiie @19shmoo69, @badnoodle, @Veta2018 and @Cornanda for making it onto the leaderboard, way to go!

@laurelfit57 @19shmoo69 Congrats on the losses!

@badnoodle That is so awesome, congratulations!

@laurelfit57 I hope the gym goes better this week.

@DebJB30 I'm glad it wetn okay with your mom and congrats on the loss.

@Katmary71 I need to come see you for sure. Maybe in the spring! Yes, I'm excited for the beauty advent calendar. My best friend got it and said it was fun. I got the toilet working again yay! How fun to do the Christmas decorations with the family. I have to do them myself. :(

@littlebabekitty Congrats!!! That must be a good feeling.

Hi all. I was so busy yesterday, I blinked and it was the end of the day lol. I started out fixing the toilet--- VICTORY! I made cookie dough and froze it so I wouldn't eat it, got a Christmas tree and decorated it, ran some errands, roasted a whole turkey and made a side for it. I was so tired by the end and my foot with plantar fasciitis was killing me lol.

Have you filled out the 2-question survey regarding a chatting app yet? Please fill it out by Next Friday December 8th at noon PST:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfVC0rw6EnCOge1m07d_MYPJgR56_-T9wqkIrdx7TqBlPSRaQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

DEC STEP CHALLENGE FOR YESTERDAY: 3,760 out of 7,000 steps per day

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 588 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Congratulations to our winner's @broncobuddee @badnoodle, @Cornanda, @steffibabiie, @1969shmoo69!

@laurelfit57 - My goal is to lose 6 lbs. too. We can do it!

@littlebabekitty - 17lbs lost and under 200...That's exciting!

@Katmary71 - That's too funny. I'm just imagining you getting the package back...lol. I love music. I listen to many different genres depending on my mood. Linkin Park, P¡nk, Boston, Beatles, Eminem, Nicki Minaj, Beyonce, Alan Jackson, Johnny Cash, Lee Brice, Morgan Wallen, and Kelsea Ballerini are just a few. My late husband and I used to play name that toon and go to concerts all the time. What's some of the music you listen to? I guess I'm the same way with books. I like to read biography, fiction, fantasy, mystery, poetry, romance, and even self-help. I just started reading "Confessions of a Prayer Slacker" by Diane Moody. Are you currently reading anything interesting? I like gardening too. I'm sort of a homebody so I watch a lot of movies/TV. I notice we have some other common interests too. Exercising, eating healthy, and losing weight....hehehe.

@trooworld - Thanks for your concern. Yea, I'm ok. I thought putting up the Christmas tree would get me in the mood to get some shopping done. Nope...I just didn't feel like leaving the house. It's the winter blues. Glad you were able to get your toilet fixed. There's a few things I've been wanting my husband to do around here. Maybe, if he see's me trying to do it myself, he'll be like "move, let me do that".

I didn't do my morning workout yesterday. Instead my husband and I woke up early and we went and did some work at the new house.
    Not this one. That is how it looked before. We actually bought it for the property. It's a nice rural acre and a half. nq0t8chb0a4o.jpg
    After
    qukr5rlzd3bw.jpg
    It's taking so long because we're building out of pocket.(no mortgage) All we have left to do is drywall, floors, cabinets, fixtures, paint and trim.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong! 💪

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I am about to hit the big 5-0 next month. I have 3 children in their 20s – oldest is my son, Marcus (granddaughter Sophie is 7 months), then my daughter Sydney (due 2/8/24 with baby Oliver), and my youngest daughter Hunter (grandson Byron is 5 months & due with #2 on 6/15/24). I’m a single empty nester and I share my home with my American Blue rabbit (her name is Kismet). I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards. I'm an active member of my church (Board member), and also love horror movies. I have worked in Community Development at my County for over 18 years.
    I have, unfortunately, gained instead of lost so now I have 55 pounds to lose. I am trying to be more positive, though, and instead of my usual attitude of might-as-well-wait-until-the-new-year, I’m going to get on the ball now beginning with proper meal planning and prepping. Now that Sydney has her own place and has cleaned all her stuff out of the fridge, I can get it organized again. Hunter sent me a short video where the ADHD person put all the condiments in the produce drawers and put all the produce in the door. That way, they saw exactly what they had and it wasn’t “out of sight, out of mind”. I think I’m going to give it a try. So those are my 2 goals for December – meal planning/prepping and organizing food so that I don’t forget what I have. May seem like small things for most people, but it’s going to be tough for me. I’m great at planning. Terrible at execution.
    And now that my intro is over, I have to say Congrats to everyone that’s seeing loses!
    @micaroo4 – That is freaking AWESOME! And with a few weeks to spare!
    @AmbersWay – Happy Anniversary! An entire car tire gone…what a great thing to celebrate!
    @trooworld – So glad your area has something similar! Nice haul! Syd just has a few things left at my house now. It will be nice getting back to my empty-nester habits :) Your advent calendar sounds super fun and I’m exhausted WITH you reading all you accomplished yesterday!
    @badnoodle – I’M SCREAMING CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 210.6
    CW: 210.8

GW: 155
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Megnolia82 Sunday weigh in

SW: 228
    PW: 204.6
    CW: 206

Ok folks. 3 weeks. 6 pounds. I’ve done so well this Fall, no time to blow it now! Those extra couple pounds feel like 20. Ugh.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    December introduction!

Hey everyone,

I’m Meg. The name is for my favourite tree - magnolia. They usually bloom during the week of my birthday so I’m very fond of them. And not so originally, the 82 is of course my birth year :)

I have 2 kids, teach full-time and am married to a farmer who is also a volunteer fire captain. I’d say my base line is utter exhaustion. As my children get older (8 and 12 at the moment) I see some freedom ahead. I gave up all my activities when my first was born since my husband is never home.

My weight has been a constant problem
    For me but when I joined mfp 10 years ago I was 178lbs. I reached 228 last year thanks to injury, covid, poor stress-management and bad coping mechanisms.

As an adult I once hit 140 pounds when I worked in Switzerland hiking constantly. I also
    Hit 160 during a particularly disciplined stretch on mfp.

I want to get back to 160. It’s a healthy weight for my height, and I looked and felt terrific at that weight. At this weight I feel tired, bloated and sore. And I’m sure I look it, too.

This month I’m going to commit to using alternative methods to handle my stress, frustration etc. I’m going to go to bed when I’m tired. I’m going to check my hunger cues and make better choices.

Here’s to a great December for all of us!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 487 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @DebJB30 that sounds very stressful dealing with the life events of your mom, really glad you were able to get her to a place where she could get the care she needs. You did amazing keeping your weight steady while dealing with all of that!

@katmary71 I was so confused! I saw @Veta2018 post, I didn’t realize it was yours, and was reading it, thinking she has an almost identical story to KatMary71, then I was thinking I don’t remember seeing Veta2018 on here for years. I thought I was totally losing my mind.🤣. Took me a minute lol. I did have fun with my grand kiddos! I can’t imagine eating all those Thanksgiving dinners! But super yummy!! It sounds like you were just the medicine that your friends mom needed, there is nothing like a good laugh♥️. How are you doing after your surgery?

@littlebabekitty huge congratulations on your loss and making it into Onederland!!!!

@trooworld I can’t believe you did that all in one day!! Are you having an early Christmas dinner? Super impressed that you fixed your toilet, I keep thinking I fixed mine then three weeks later it is running again.🥴.

@veta2018 we CAN do this!! WOW! That is quite the feat to be able to build a house out of pocket, huge congratulations to you guys! I know that is a lot of work and sacrifice.

My granddaughter has just started synchronized swimming this year. We were cuddling on the couch and watching a show, and Paisley asked me if I was her friend I said, honey, I would love to be your friend! Then she explained they are having a day where they can bring a friend with them two synchro class, she said, if you are, my friend, will you come and swim synchro with me🥰. She is the cutest little thing!
    I decided not to do spin class this morning but I did go to the gym and do 30 minutes on the treadmill. It was easier today. I am going to do weights again tomorrow and then the hot Yin yoga class I will attempt to do even less than I did last week so I could move through for the rest of the week🤣
    Happy with today, stayed in my range, tracked every bite. I ate and got some exercise in at the gym. One day at a time. :-) :-)
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @littlebabekitty What an awesome weigh-in both the # and being in the 100s, welcome to Onederland!

@bethanie0825 I'm so glad the sinus infection has resolved, I don't blame you for not wanting antibiotics!

@tammymccrady6278 Welcome to Onederland!!!

@Badnoodle Congratulations on 100lbs down!

@broncobuddee @865jessica great job on 40lbs down!

@19shmoo69 @laurelfit57 Way to go, 30lbs down!

@Veta2018 @steffibabiie congrats on 20lbs down!

@trooworld How do you know the amounts down, is it a captain thing? I love that it's so fun. Oh good I'm glad the beauty calendar has a good review. I'm tempted to get Trader Joe's beauty one, two of my fav things all in one! Congratulations on fixing the toilet, that's so awesome! Smart on the dough to freeze it. You got a lot done! Oh I need to drop one of my cookie recipes in if you want to try making something different, I'll do it at the end.

@Veta2018 Sounds like you listen to a wide range of music, I do too! Just today I listened to Sarah McLachlan walking and Slayer on the way home from Costco (I still have a CD player and grabbed one out of the door driving not knowing what it was, headbanging DID commence!). I LOVED Name that Tune. My last couple concerts were Greta Van Fleet, Soen (Swedish metal), and Black Label Society/Anthrax. I played the organ growing up so I was lucky to be exposed to a lot and like everything from classical to metal and thrash then any 80s stuff like rap and pop. I read all the same as you as well though suspense is high on my list too. I went through a big horror stage when I was younger and still read some but not like I used to. That sounds like a fun book I just looked it up. I'm currently Reading “Soil: A Story of a Black Mother's Garden” by Camille T. Dungy. I share a Kindle account with my Mom and she reads a lot of urban fantasy, sci fi, and cozy mysteries then swap with my neighbor and SIL. Yes we sound a lot alike! Hey try what Chris (trooworld) did and try a fix-it YouTube video, I'm not good with my hands at all and have managed to fix a few things with videos, I usually call my brother or Dad, it felt good to be able to do it without them coming over.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Have you watched the new Exorcist and do you recommend it? I don't want to be disappointed so figured I'd ask you! That will be fun organizing your door with a bunch of produce, you'll have to show us a photo of that. I think it will be easier for you to get back on track now that the house is all yours again.

@megnolia82 I think you'll be able to get back to 160, working on listening to yourself as responding well when tired or stressed should help a lot. I've been thinking a lot about a meme that says we should be in a place where our emotions don't change because of a comment or someone's bad mood and am trying to embrace a calmer stable me.

Hi team! I'd started my return with Costco on their website and just as fate does while I was standing in line at Costco I got an email telling me to discard of it and not worry about returning (didn't see it until I was home and exhausted). I DID get a lot of my Christmas shopping done there for non family thank goodness. I did some walking to get closer to 5000 and my PT, other than that just did laundry and a little cleaning and resting. Have a great Tuesday!

I'm planning on making this Armenian cookie to surprise my Dad with, I had to order a pastry crinkle cutter for it. I'm still deciding on the recipe but this blog explains it well: https://mission-food.com/gata/

Steps are about 5000
This discussion has been closed.