Downsizers Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• rainyrae
    rainyrae Posts: 130 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m excited to be joining the team! I need the motivation and hope to be a motivator for others as well. I am a recently retired nurse and I started my weight loss journey in January of this year. I managed to lose 34.3 pounds so far. I know that I need to incorporate activity more and I struggle to do that. I’m hoping this will help!

SW 237.8
    CW is 203.5
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    @rainyrae Welcome, welcome! I hope you find this group as helpful as I have.
    @NachDeezy Awesome, as ever, awesome!
    @FindingSamMon Back in action. Glad to hear it!
    @aneedlecraft and @laquita606 Solid. Way to make it through December!
    @Mama530 and @ChickieBoom22 Holiday losses! (And amazing steps, @Mama530!)
    @myhands4God Keep at it! Keep at it! Change is hard and slow, but as has already been said, you will see it!

So many amazing people! (There are definitely more of you, but that's all I have time for at the moment!) So happy to have this connection! :)
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Friday weigh in

Isn't happening this week! Please can i be excused.
    Normal service will be resumed next week!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,595 Member
    Options
    Steps

Goal: 6,000
    12/24 - 11,988
    12/25 - 3,588
    12/26 - 1,458
    12/27 - 7,111

I went to the gym yesterday and immediately felt better and was more productive when I got home. I think moving my butt really helped. I still have some residual sugar cravings, but overall I'm feeling good.

That is a good way to describe how I felt this week but for me it’s just junk food in general. Now to get my butt exercising again.
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 440.4
    CW - 439.6

With family here I have still managed to stick to my diet. I have also stayed under my set calorie count each day, though I have been eating more than I'm used to. Despite this, I managed to drop .8 lb over the week so I am beyond thrilled. One last crushed decade in 2023. 💜 much love yall.

Thats impressive. Welcome to a new decade.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rainyrae wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I’m excited to be joining the team! I need the motivation and hope to be a motivator for others as well. I am a recently retired nurse and I started my weight loss journey in January of this year. I managed to lose 34.3 pounds so far. I know that I need to incorporate activity more and I struggle to do that. I’m hoping this will help!

SW 237.8
    CW is 203.5

Welcome to the team!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 3,181
    Rings:❌
    Daily walk:❌

PW 153.8
    CW 156.6
    Slightly below maintenance range

I expected a gain after losing for a couple of weeks due to the nausea. I am still bloated from all the junk I ate over the holidays. I haven’t been doing any intentional exercise but that ends today. I am getting some mini walks done today. One more walk and my 15 minutes are done. I am hoping to get a half hour total before I go grocery shopping.

Have a great last Friday of 2023!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Weigh-in Day
    PW: 220.2
    CW: 223.6 Apparently Christmas was worse that Thanksgiving. I totally own it. I ate more cookies this week than in an entire year!! There's also a LOT of water retention going on here. Well, this should be the last weigh-in going this direction.

Step Goal 8,500
    12/24 ~ 11,527
    12/25 ~ 6,878
    12/26 ~ 6,184
    12/27 ~ 4,299
    12/28 ~ 8,039
    12/29
    12/30
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,077 Member
    Options
    Today is my Birthday... so we are going to Outback steakhouse with some friends of mine for Dinner ...I will be having a 5 oz sirloin with shrimp on the barbie with a Caesar salad...looking forward to it
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Welcome @rainyrae!
  • FindingSamMon
    Options
    Today is my Birthday... so we are going to Outback steakhouse with some friends of mine for Dinner ...I will be having a 5 oz sirloin with shrimp on the barbie with a Caesar salad...looking forward to it

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy your birthday dinner, it sounds delicious! Seriously....my stomach started to rumble while reading that lol
  • FindingSamMon
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In

PW: 237.8
    CW: 236.8

Steps
    Goal: 6,000
    12/24 - 11,988
    12/25 - 3,588
    12/26 - 1,458
    12/27 - 7,111
    12/28 - 7,657
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy your birthday dinner, it sounds delicious! Seriously....my stomach started to rumble while reading that lol

Thank you ... I am looking forward to it :)
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Happy, happy birthday, @Megan_smartiepants1970!! I hope you have a lovely day, an excellent evening, and an oh-so-much-better year ahead. We look forward to celebrating good things with you! 💐💐💐
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    Happy, happy birthday, @Megan_smartiepants1970!! I hope you have a lovely day, an excellent evening, and an oh-so-much-better year ahead. We look forward to celebrating good things with you! 💐💐💐

Thank you so much ...leg/ankle not happy this morning .. I was woken up at 5am due to the pain
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    The January 2024 team chat is open! Post your introductions, intentions, goals and ideas here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905930/downsizers-team-chat-january-2024/p1?new=1

Weigh-ins continue here through Saturday, and then January will begin a day early on Sunday!
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Options

Happy birthday my amazing friend
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »

Happy birthday my amazing friend

Thank you so much Nacho :)
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,933 Member
    Options
    🎂@Megan_smartiepants1970 Happy birthday! 🎂 Have a wonderful time.

8fi8cckqw63l.gif
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Enjoy your dinner, sounds yummy!!!

faxcyad10yhc.gif

This discussion has been closed.